2019-20 Baseball offseason | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2019-20 Baseball offseason

He came up with the Syracuse Chiefs as an 18 yo SS back around 1981 give or take a year. I watched him play a few times. Not many guys as slick as he was at short. And yes he was very underrated.
career 45 bwar is no joke

In today's edition of insane legal proceedings...i offer you the story of poor Brett Gardner..

Detailed in the lawsuit are some of the ways she says Gardner has hinted at his interest in her:

In a video of Gardner in the dugout, Gardner “motions with his hip on the stairs as though he is having sexual intercourse with me.”
She says Gardner makes “a sad face” during home games when she does not attend. She adds that Gardner was once ejected from a game by an umpire who likely received “signals” from her social media that she was angry with the outfielder.
After “3 years of romancing online,” she said she started attending games “because I see that Brett desires this.”

Last edited:
In today's edition of insane legal proceedings...i offer you the story of poor Brett Gardner..

Detailed in the lawsuit are some of the ways she says Gardner has hinted at his interest in her:

In a video of Gardner in the dugout, Gardner “motions with his hip on the stairs as though he is having s e xual intercourse with me.”
She says Gardner makes “a sad face” during home games when she does not attend. She adds that Gardner was once ejected from a game by an umpire who likely received “signals” from her social media that she was angry with the outfielder.
After “3 years of romancing online,” she said she started attending games “because I see that Brett desires this.”

That must be a helpless feeling. I mean you can do what you can to protect yourself but I can't imagine having someone wackadoodle not leave you alone.

That must be a helpless feeling. I mean you can do what you can to protect yourself but I can't imagine having someone wackadoodle not leave you alone.
I think he should check on his kids' pet rabbit.

I am so ready for the season to start. I have been studying my copy of Baseball Prospectus 2020, USPS says my Willians Astudillo-Rochester Red Wings jersey is arriving today, my fantasy draft is next week, and I actually bought a pack of baseball cards yesterday. I was surprised and pleased to find that the stats on the back of the cards include WAR. Even Topps has embraced the sabermetric revolution.

Chris Sale needs TJ surgery.

Society is on the verge of collapse and Red Sox are using it to hide bad news. Typical.

Elective surgeries are being halted so people in need of help can get the medical supplies.

So good so good Red Sox.

Society is on the verge of collapse and Red Sox are using it to hide bad news. Typical.

Elective surgeries are being halted so people in need of help can get the medical supplies.

So good so good Red Sox.

Somehow I think the surgery will still happen sooner than later .. just like entire NBA teams get tested for covid

If you guys don’t know who the Mad Hungarian is, I can’t help you...

Saw this on ESPN's Facebook and figured it could help everyone out in the absence of baseball currently:

Been going a little crazy without sports lately, so I went back and watched Games 6 and 7 of the Cubs world series on TV for the first time since I was at the games when it was happening live.

A lot less stressful knowing how the games would end :)

Beyond the unbelievable human tragedy associated with this virus are some far less important but notable aspects related to MLB. 1) Hard to tell but entirely possible that free agents like Mookie Betts will be getting less $$ to sign this coming winter. The economic toll will be felt all the way around and MLB is no exception; 2) the Red Sox were fortunate to make that trade with LA when they did as they got quite a haul instead of trying to milk one more season out of Mookie.