2019-20 Baseball offseason

MSOrange

2018 Cali Winner: Passing Yards (Big Deal Again)
The Yankees fans already have their own thread so this will be for all the other teams. I'll kick it off with this link. I really want my Braves to resign Josh Donaldson but if they can get Rendon instead, I'd crap my pants in excitement. I won't lose any sleep losing Teheran to the White Sox although we do need to fill a couple holes in the rotation and get another catcher. I don't want Tyler Flowers as the starter there.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Alright...I want the Dodgers to get everybody. Sick of coming up short. I’ve been stewing. We get by Washington, this was our title year finally. SMH. Hey let’s pitch Kershaw every chance we get even though it never works and he’s not even that good anymore!

Stewing.

MSOrange

Alright...I want the Dodgers to get everybody. Sick of coming up short. I’ve been stewing. We get by Washington, this was our title year finally. SMH. Hey let’s pitch Kershaw every chance we get even though it never works and he’s not even that good anymore!

Stewing.
HA I feel your pain. I wouldn't say Kershaw isn't that good. He was just closer to human this year. That being said, no he's not my go to guy in the postseason if I'm the manager. I can't defend his performance there anymore.

Alsacs

Wearing a facial mask is NOT A POLITICAL STATEMENT
How about a syndergaard for mookie Betts trade?
Red Sox only do that if the Mets take David Price’s contract.

Alsacs

The Mets wouldn't take on the peanut vendors contract.
Sox are going to try and get value for Mookie or tie his contract to a bad contract they have.

Briancuse

Living Legend
Sox are going to try and get value for Mookie or tie his contract to a bad contract they have.
Mookie would be a great fit and I think syndergaard needs a change of scenery. The coupons are too cheap to take on any big contracts.

Bayside44

Very happy with this move by my Braves. Think we have finally solidified the closer spot.

Three years, almost 40 mil, not so sure...wonder if the Nats laid out the new roadmap for postseason pitching (the one Dusty and Williams refused to follow).

Alsacs

If the White Sox pony up for Strasburg or Cole they become sneaky good.

jncuse

Living Legend
Pirates looking for a new closer.

The charges against Vazquez are disgusting.

MSOrange

Pirates looking for a new closer.

The charges against Vazquez are disgusting.
I don't think there is much doubt he is done, at least I hope not.

Alsacs

If Zack Wheeler is getting 5 years 120 million from the Philadelphia Phillies then the stupid Chris Sale 5 year 145 million dollar extension doesn’t look as bad now.
Strasburg and Cole will get 200 million.
Also Cole Hamels 1 year 18 million with Atlanta Braves not bad.

MSOrange

If Zack Wheeler is getting 5 years 120 million from the Philadelphia Phillies then the stupid Chris Sale 5 year 145 million dollar extension doesn’t look as bad now.
Strasburg and Cole will get 200 million.
Also Cole Hamels 1 year 18 million with Atlanta Braves not bad.
Hamels was solid before injuries caught up to him last year. If he can stay healthy, hoping he can be a serviceable starter for my Braves. Have to think this means our changes for Bumgarner are gone though.

Alsacs

Lol this might be the stupidest contract in baseball history.
I can’t wait for the Yankees to give Gerrit Cole 300 million.

jncuse

Living Legend
Hamels was solid before injuries caught up to him last year. If he can stay healthy, hoping he can be a serviceable starter for my Braves. Have to think this means our changes for Bumgarner are gone though.
Seems like a similar signing to Josh Donaldson. A bit of a market overpay to get a 1 year contract instead of 2 or 3. Nobody wants to pay players in their 30s anymore. Worked out great for the Braves last year, with Donaldson and I can see it being solid again.

I am out of the loop. What is the Buzz around Donaldson right now?

Bayside44

Lol this might be the stupidest contract in baseball history.
I can’t wait for the Yankees to give Gerrit Cole 300 million.

A lot is going to be deferred. If he's past Tommy John this guy is an absolute beast and the mental part has caught up to his tools.

Bayside44

Seems like a similar signing to Josh Donaldson. A bit of a market overpay to get a 1 year contract instead of 2 or 3. Nobody wants to pay players in their 30s anymore. Worked out great for the Braves last year, with Donaldson and I can see it being solid again.

I am out of the loop. What is the Buzz around Donaldson right now?

He goes to whoever doesn't get Rendon.

Alsacs

A lot is going to be deferred. If he's past Tommy John this guy is an absolute beast and the mental part has caught up to his tools.
I give that contract to Rendon before Strasburg.
Position players > pitchers for 200 million dollar contracts.

Strasburg is a walking injury to happen. Plus once he loses velocity it will take him a year to adjust to becoming more of a pitcher than thrower like now. Most of the greats make the adjustment but it takes a season.
Don’t see why they didn’t just give Rendon the extra 50 million and just let Strasburg walk on top.

Whatever Rendon gets add 50-75 million and that will be Mookie Betts next year.

Bayside44

Strasburg lives in VA, he likely wasn't going anywhere. Plenty of analysis has gone into his post Tommy John, he's almost past the point of the injury, the guy is an absolute beast. He's already dropped a couple of miles off his fastball but he's a far smarter pitcher. The case can be made is that adjustment has already been made.

I'd rather they went Rendon / MadBum but...Nats screwed up Rendon last spring, Rendon kept on overperforming the contract offers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom