2019-20 Schedule Tidbit... | Syracusefan.com

2019-20 Schedule Tidbit...

Undoubtedly to be shown on the ACCN. One of our folks has predicted that we'll open with Ga Tech in football on 8/31/19 on the ACCN if that's permitted under the NCAA's "X number of Saturdays until December" rule.

Undoubtedly to be shown on the ACCN. One of our folks has predicted that we'll open with Ga Tech in football on 8/31/19 on the ACCN if that's permitted under the NCAA's "X number of Saturdays until December" rule.

... Georgia Tech’s probably the last team I’d choose. Good lord, Dino please have us better prepared this run around

... Georgia Tech’s probably the last team I’d choose. Good lord, Dino please have us better prepared this run around
Hoo's That is mentioing that there is a belief that Virginia will play GT on CFB Opening Day next year.

Hoo's That is mentioing that there is a belief that Virginia will play GT on CFB Opening Day next year.
Did not look at the handle, thank god.

Swofford reveals potential ACC Network programming
Most notably, Swofford said the ACC is seriously considering playing seven conference men’s basketball games, spread over multiple days, to start the 2019-20 season, and beyond. One of the league’s 15 teams would have a bye, perhaps Duke — which, along with Kentucky, Kansas and Michigan State, competes in November’s annual Champions Classic.
“It would be exciting in terms of a new network,” Swofford said, “and would bring people to the network right at the beginning of the season. … I think fans would be into it both from a network standpoint as well as from a competition standpoint.
“If we could arrange it where almost every school played, that would be a heck of a way to start the basketball season. It would have a tremendous pop to it.”
Given football’s fall dominance, heaven knows college basketball needs a November pop.

its gonna happen unless you have a bye instead. 4 acc football teams have no game scheduled for the first week, GT, Virginia, Clemson and BC. Next year is a 14 week regular season so 2 byes for each team in football

its gonna happen unless you have a bye instead. 4 acc football teams have no game scheduled for the first week, GT, Virginia, Clemson and BC. Next year is a 14 week regular season so 2 byes for each team in football
Whew! We don't play in Death Valley until 2020. The last time we opened vs. Clemson "was not pretty."

Why are y'all talking about football scheduling in response to a basketball scheduling thread. ;)
The link is that all of what has been discussed could potentially be on the ACC Network. Gotta have content to be a playa!

The link is that all of what has been discussed could potentially be on the ACC Network. Gotta have content to be a playa!
LOL... well the tweet did say first games of the season in November 2019. I started a thread for y'all on the football forum.

Some of my favorite Big East memories were when we'd sleepwalk through fall semester games against West Virginia and Seton Hall...

Just kidding, those were horrible. I hope the ACC find$ it worth $tarting the $eason thi$ way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom