2019-2020 Premier League

IthacaMatt

2019 Cali Winner (Conference Record)
Two weeks are nearly in the books, with Monday's Man United v. Wolves game the last remaining fixture of match day 2.

So far, Liverpool are on top with Man City getting screwed by VAR after they had seemingly won in the dying moments against Spurs. Liverpool's attacking players don't look quite as sharp this year as last year in the early going. City look absolutely rampant on offense, but still have some questions at the back.

Chelsea are a shambles right now. Without Antonio Rudiger, the defense is suspect, and really, Caesar Azpilicueta has hit his expiration date, much like Branislav Ivanovic did a few years ago. Chelsea need a right back and a number 9 in the worst way.

United's game against Wolves tonight is huge for their top 6 ambitions. Wolves are a good team with a very good coach. United's 3 new guys in defense have helped so far, but it was only an in-crisis Chelsea that they beat.

Arsenal have looked pretty good so far. David Luiz will be an improvement to their back line. Their attack is outstanding, and they haven't even played their new signing yet.

Who are your surprises so far?

orangenauburn

2019 Cali Winner (Receiving TDs)
Two weeks are nearly in the books, with Monday's Man United v. Wolves game the last remaining fixture of match day 2.

So far, Liverpool are on top with Man City getting screwed by VAR after they had seemingly won in the dying moments against Spurs. Liverpool's attacking players don't look quite as sharp this year as last year in the early going. City look absolutely rampant on offense, but still have some questions at the back.

Chelsea are a shambles right now. Without Antonio Rudiger, the defense is suspect, and really, Caesar Azpilicueta has hit his expiration date, much like Branislav Ivanovic did a few years ago. Chelsea need a right back and a number 9 in the worst way.

United's game against Wolves tonight is huge for their top 6 ambitions. Wolves are a good team with a very good coach. United's 3 new guys in defense have helped so far, but it was only an in-crisis Chelsea that they beat.

Arsenal have looked pretty good so far. David Luiz will be an improvement to their back line. Their attack is outstanding, and they haven't even played their new signing yet.

Who are your surprises so far?
My new team to support... Sheffield United

IthacaMatt

My new team to support... Sheffield United

They were fun and they played with verve. They kind of reminded me of Eddie Howe's Bournemouth team when they first came up.

OrangeFoo

All Conference
I was honestly worried about Arsenal as I think they made some solid signings... Liverpool handled them with ease without hitting top gear. It’s crazy how top heavy the league has become. It’s not like Liverpool have bought the best team money could buy... Arsenal probably has out spent them. It shows what having the best manager in the world buying players for his system can do.

cusefan88

All Conference
Good: LFC, Sheffield, Wolves (very tricky playing Europa League for thinner squads).
Bad: Arsenal, Spurs
Ugly: Man Utd, Everton

Happy to see our boy Christian Pulisic forcing his way into the Chelsea first-choice XI

Day2

WE WANT CHIMICHANGAS!!!
Good: LFC, Sheffield, Wolves (very tricky playing Europa League for thinner squads).
Bad: Arsenal, Spurs
Ugly: Man Utd, Everton

Happy to see our boy Christian Pulisic forcing his way into the Chelsea first-choice XI
This year I decided to start following the Premier League with my six-year-old. After careful research, we picked Everton as our squad. Oy.

cusefan88

All Conference
This year I decided to start following the Premier League with my six-year-old. After careful research, we picked Everton as our squad. Oy.
Oh No!!!!! I bet you wanted a team that is usually not bad but also not a frontrunner. everton fits those.

creatorsgame

4th Hanson brother
Well, at least you picked the right club for the Merseyside derby.

Go Toffees.

IthacaMatt

They’ve come a long way since these posts, haven’t they? An even more impressive turnaround than SU basketball.
Ancelotti is a fine coach. He was Chelsea's gaffer when I first became a Premier League fan, back in 2009-2010. He doesn't train guys super-hard, but his teams play a fluid attractive attacking style.

cusefan88

All Conference
I think they are going to try and scorch UEFA on the way out. Basically will they say are corrupt and protect a few clubs doing similar thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom