2019 ACC Media Days Wed. 7/18 & Thurs. 7/19, Charlotte | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2019 ACC Media Days Wed. 7/18 & Thurs. 7/19, Charlotte

Dino seems real excited about the defense. He usually tends to temper expectations so for him to be so outwardly complimentary makes me excited. Can't wait for the fall...

Did anyone see any shots of the room. A few years ago Zaire made a big deal about no one being in the room for their press conference and spent some time talking about it. I suspect there were a few more people this year.

Did anyone see any shots of the room. A few years ago Zaire made a big deal about no one being in the room for their press conference and spent some time talking about it. I suspect there were a few more people this year.
Some where in here I posted a tweet of the reporters questioning Babers in the individual session. The tweeter said there were twice as many reporters trying to interview Babers than the previous two years. But no I didn't see a shot of the room where the coaches answered questions from the podium.

Favorite quote of the day:

"Football should be fun. Football is all about winning. Oh yeah it's all about winning. For us it's about winning the right way. And we wanna lead the league in picnics, barbecues and softball games."

DFB

Just not whiffle ball. The arms race for whiffle ball is intense and Clemson has a big head start

Just not whiffle ball. The arms race for whiffle ball is intense and Clemson has a big head start

Plus mini golf and slides. And nap rooms.

I think we need to concede those activities, and put our resources behind BBQ, picnics, and softball.
Oh, and kumbaya meetings, of course. ;)

I’d be out for the game too if Evan Foster got a clean downhill shot at me. What a beautiful hit.

Last edited:
Imagine watching your team win a title and still feel the need to rationalize this. Lawrence played almost 2 full quarters and Clemson was trailing when he left the game! Same with Kelly Bryant the year before. You’d think they were in control the entire game and we only made it close/won because of the QB change.
Let's not pretend that some random website speaks for all of Clemson fandom.

Im in the belief we still lose by the same margin or slightly more if Lawrence remained in last year.

We lost the battle of attrition that game, Etienne really wore down our linebackers and line. This year the depths better and our secondary will have Lawrence second guessing some routes I hope

Im in the belief we still lose by the same margin or slightly more if Lawrence remained in last year.

We lost the battle of attrition that game, Etienne really wore down our linebackers and line. This year the depths better and our secondary will have Lawrence second guessing some routes I hope
Agree 100%. I only take issue with the assertion that the last 2 Clemson games were competitive only because of their QB situation, when that clearly isn’t true.

I can argue we would have won that game if he stayed in. When he got knocked out, they started feeding Etienne the ball much more and we couldn't stop that. Run Defense isn't the strength of this Defense

Agree 100%. I only take issue with the assertion that the last 2 Clemson games were competitive only because of their QB situation, when that clearly isn’t true.
Yep. The last two games were competitive because our players outplayed Clemson up and down for significant portions of those matchups.

I can argue we would have won that game if he stayed in. When he got knocked out, they started feeding Etienne the ball much more and we couldn't stop that. Run Defense isn't the strength of this Defense
While they would have ran less, I have a hard time saying we would have contained Lawrence the entire game. You can only do so much to slow him. He picked apart bama with ease. Maybe that change of pace would have helped our O out, who knows.

We were clearly outplaying Clemson in the Dome last time, both with and without their QB1.

Frankly, that game was thiiiiis close to being an Orange on Orange beatdown -
Custis had a TD called back due to a somewhat dubious OPI - yeah, he pushed off a little, but so was the DB, and it was nothing that goes uncalled a dozen times in any given game.

The very next play, Clemson got a scoop-&-score on a fumble recovery.

In that world where the OPI isn't called, Cuse likely wins that game 34-17.
... which more accurately reflects how in control of that game SU was.

Here's a snippet from the CBS sports recap:

The Orange defense took a page out of Clemson's playbook. The Tigers were among just three teams in the nation averaging at least 230 yards rushing and 230 yards passing (Ohio State and Oregon are the others). The Tigers managed just 39 yards rushing in the first half and 113 total and finished with 204 passing.
The Tigers had their moments, though. Tavien Feaster capped a three-play drive with a 37-yard run untouched up the middle of the Orange defense to tie it at 7, Tanner Muse scooped up a fumble and raced 63 yards for a TD to tie it at 14-all midway through the second, and Travis Etienne scored on a 52-yard run in the third.
Subtract those two long runs and the rest of the night the Tigers gained 24 yards on 23 carries.

Not sure it's going to matter this year... I've got Clemson winning 56-3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom