2019 class predictions. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2019 class predictions.

Revised guess #3:

Goodine, Girard, Guerrier, and Ajak.

I'm guessing that Akok's publicly may hurt us here.
Would be quite disappointed with that haul tbh.

Goodine, Guerrier (nervous about this one), Girard, Wabab, another forward we hasn't surfaced.

Goodine, Guerrier (nervous about this one), Girard, Wabab, another forward we hasn't surfaced.

Redoing this a bit...Goodine, Guerrier (still shakey on him), Akok, Wabab and one other for the class

Goodine,akok, Guerrier, wahab, possibly girard

Those four are key. Gives us our 3, 4, and 5. Girard would be icing on the cake adding a combo guard who can shoot lights out. Need the four for our foundation. Really hope we land Akok, QG, and a big. Preferably Wahab since Stewart is unlikely. Do work Jimmy and the Gang. Gotta have a class of 5, though 6 would be lovely. Throw in a project big like Ajak. Or Jones though less of a project.

Those four are key. Gives us our 3, 4, and 5. Girard would be icing on the cake adding a combo guard who can shoot lights out. Need the four for our foundation. Really hope we land Akok, QG, and a big. Preferably Wahab since Stewart is unlikely. Do work Jimmy and the Gang. Gotta have a class of 5, though 6 would be lovely. Throw in a project big like Ajak. Or Jones though less of a project.
We land those 4 the rest is icing on the cake, we ll be absolutely loaded!!!

Curious if SUdreaming or anyone else connected has any thoughts on where we stand with our main targets at this point. Hard to get a feel but it feels like some of the guys we thought we had a great chance on ie Akok and Guerrier are slipping away a little bit. Was really hoping to grab a high end class after the NCAA run, with Goodine already in the fold, and with SU looking at losing probably 3-4 guys after this year to graduation/early departure etc.

Curious if SUdreaming or anyone else connected has any thoughts on where we stand with our main targets at this point. Hard to get a feel but it feels like some of the guys we thought we had a great chance on ie Akok and Guerrier are slipping away a little bit. Was really hoping to grab a high end class after the NCAA run, with Goodine already in the fold, and with SU looking at losing probably 3-4 guys after this year to graduation/early departure etc.

I do not believe it's slipping away as much as the doom and gloomers want to let on.

I truly believe we have a good shot with both Akok & Guerrier. I am pretty confident both will visit. That's all you can ask.

Girard is puzzling but I really do view him as more of a luxury recruit. I think our backcourt next year should on paper be fine. Still want him and I think we are in that one, too.

Can have so much fun with this...
Well, I can imagine that people could have reason to pause when they read about how Akok Akok likes/enjoys the UCONN visit or how Ed Cooley is prioritizing him or how 3 players from his former teams are at one of the colleges are pushing him to come to their school. Have not seen anything in a few months about his interest in Syracuse. Again, I am pushing for the Cuse to land him.

I do not believe it's slipping away as much as the doom and gloomers want to let on.

I truly believe we have a good shot with both Akok & Guerrier. I am pretty confident both will visit. That's all you can ask.

Girard is puzzling but I really do view him as more of a luxury recruit. I think our backcourt next year should on paper be fine. Still want him and I think we are in that one, too.
nobody knows anything, so there's no news to post. that leaves the space open for the doomers to influence the impatient, which amplifies the gloom. a judicious use of the "ignore poster" function can help restore perspective

I think we've got as good a chance as anyone with Akok. Fifty fifty maybe? That's about what you can hope for with a five star recruit, to be in the running.

Last edited:
I don't think we get JG3 but would love to get Lester. Hopefully we get after him and JG3 doesn't drag his recruitment out.

I don't think we get JG3 but would love to get Lester. Hopefully we get after him and JG3 doesn't drag his recruitment out.
I think Lester would be a steal. I trust our coaches evaluations, but Quinones looks to have more potential and a better fit for the zone.

I think Lester would be a steal. I trust our coaches evaluations, but Quinones looks to have more potential and a better fit for the zone.
There was an article or post someone had that he listed us as one of the places recruiting him hard but I would like an offer to go out. I trust the staff as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom