2019 Coaching Carousel | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Coaching Carousel

He could do very well there. He seems to be well over his <ahem> heart issues.
How many coaches have won national championships at 3 different schools?
But what about the brain lesions and the medication that makes him "forget thing"?

He could do very well there. He seems to be well over his <ahem> heart issues.
How many coaches have won national championships at 3 different schools?
This will not sit well at all with the ND fans because they wanted "Pope Urban" to replace Kelly, who they have wanted fired since just about the day he was hired and USC-w is their blood rival.

Package deal!! :p

Would likely improve: O play calling, recruiting , AND also better QB competition & depth.

Do this yesterday.

Fire Cananaugh, demote Lynch to OL, Morris OC, Morris the Younger heir apparent to Tommy
(or he pulls a Sunshine and supplants him as a true Frosh is he’s really good).

The DAZZLER. I get the article for sure. I look at last year for SU getting the 10 wins and now I look at most other years and I am not so sure what is better. Dazzler is pretty consistent with the 6-7 win seasons and always seems to recruit for his scheme but yeah I get it, the hovering around mediocrity gets old as does losing seasons. he's a pretty good coach though, he really is and tough to justify firing but a 5 win season might be just enough for his detractors to finally get their way. DAZZLER!!!!

I'd kill to have him coach O Line and running game, his teams play with a grit and toughness that you don't see everywhere but he certainly is a meathead mouth breather

The DAZZLER. I get the article for sure. I look at last year for SU getting the 10 wins and now I look at most other years and I am not so sure what is better. Dazzler is pretty consistent with the 6-7 win seasons and always seems to recruit for his scheme but yeah I get it, the hovering around mediocrity gets old as does losing seasons. he's a pretty good coach though, he really is and tough to justify firing but a 5 win season might be just enough for his detractors to finally get their way. DAZZLER!!!!

I'd kill to have him coach O Line and running game, his teams play with a grit and toughness that you don't see everywhere

He would be the perfect OL hire. Don’t see it happening but we can hope if he were to be let go.

I'd kill to have him coach O Line and running game, his teams play with a grit and toughness that you don't see everywhere but he certainly is a meathead mouth breather

Last year was so much fun and so special for a program like Syracuse that it was worth it for the misery of this year. With Dino we know it's possible to have a special season. With Addazio they know they're going to max out at 7, in spite of their o lines and running game.

If he's let go, losing to Kansas is what will have sunk him. That's the kind of game these 6-7 win BC teams ALWAYS win. And this year, it will cost them a bowl unless they can win a road game at ND or Pitt.

BC has to play solid defense with their style. They didn't at all this year. What's lost in that Brian Ward D performance that cost him his job is that our offense should have better kept up with them in that 2nd quarter.

He would be the perfect OL hire. Don’t see it happening but we can hope if he were to be let go.

I still remember how much Dino and Steve didn't get along on that coaches room version of the national championship a few years ago. I'm not sure their offensive philosophies can co-exist.

I have been beating that drum. Would really help our OL and Northeast recruiting. Add on another title to sweeten the pot, if necessary.

Their OL coach might be a cheaper solution.

Fired head coaches all seem to do a stint at the Alabama coaches rehab facility.

That is a negative. He has zero experience. Addazio likely wouldn’t mesh but he is what we need in terms of coaching the OL and Northeast recruiting.

When it comes to SU football, put me in the consistently average/slightly above category vs. the outleir 10 win mixed in with typical/consistent 4 & 3 win type seasons. As with my portfolio, I fall more in the moderate risk vs. aggressive as it's far more painful watching my investments generally fall vs. on the rare occasion it hits big, but that's me. Who knows which one ultimately categorizes Dino's long term with only a 4 year data window here to date, so for now I'm still 'holding.'

Dino should hire Addazio as DL coach (if fired) and Ash as DC for I bet that gets the defense going.

I bet Addazio would spend the rest of his life unemployed before he'd ever go from BC HC to SU OL coach.

He was OC at Florida, my guess is he'd look for an OC role first, and if he dropped to position coach he would shoot for the NFL or a P5 factory. I would imagine he has a long list of contacts from all of his positions over the years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom