2019 High School Lacrosse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2019 High School Lacrosse

I think your greater point stands, but isn’t Nisky a “b” school for lax?

Nisky weirdly fluctuates based on up and down enrollment. I think they’re A this year.

How’d nisky do last year? I seem to rmember something about them not having a “nisky” year ?

How’d nisky do last year? I seem to rmember something about them not having a “nisky” year ?

They lost in State Semis to Ward Melville in a blowout. Finished at 19-2 with losses to WM and St. Anthony. I think last year they were class B but played as Class A. This year they are Class A (just over line). Still the best team in Section 2 but things are getting more competitive in Section 2.

JD soph. ('21) M Johnny Keib is certainly a name to watch. Put up 30g/13a/43pts as a Frosh last year after 4g/1a as an 8th grader on Varsity. Has earned accolades for his play on the summer club circuit as well, including an All-Tourney selection at the prestigious Under Armour Underclass tourney. Below is his SyracuseFan thread:

Class of 2021 - Johnny Keib (NY: Jamesville-Dewitt) A/M

JD soph. ('21) M Johnny Keib is certainly a name to watch. Put up 30g/13a/43pts as a Frosh last year after 4g/1a as an 8th grader on Varsity. Has earned accolades for his play on the summer club circuit as well, including an All-Tourney selection at the prestigious Under Armour Underclass tourney. Below is his SyracuseFan thread:

Class of 2021 - Johnny Keib (NY: Jamesville-Dewitt) A/M
I think he’s definitely a guy we should keep an eye on-great local talent

Saw the game, Genny offense looked impressive at times against a pretty good Penfield Goalie. However I think 9 out of 10 penfield goals were no exaggeration within 3 yards of the goal. If wg can clean things up off ball defensively then who knows what can happen-also Rosa looked really good,, he definitely can put some heat behind his shots

Last edited:
Saw the game, Genny offense looked impressive at times against a pretty good Penfield Goalie. However I think 9 out of 10 penfield goals were no exaggeration within 3 yards of the goal. If wg can clean things up off ball defensively then who knows what can happen-also Rosa looked really good,, he definitely can put some heat behind his shots

Rosa is going to make a nice 2 way player I think and great man up shooter.

By the way, I didn't know until today that FM moved down to Class B. That's sort of huge news on the section III lacrosse front.

anyone got anything on will Delano at west hill? A 2021 had 47 and 15 last year is off to a 12 n 4 so far this year in two games.

Also keeping an eye on Skaneateles, and Hackler, also the brunelles, if they are who I think they are they might be two to keep eyes on.

Followed up on Delano, was told he is a pretty good attackmen but not a high end D1 recruit, height is a major major concern. Hackler is headed to Yale and of the local kids I really wanted that I know SU pursued. Not much in the way of Sec 3 or really local kids in the next couple of classes after grabbing Cook in 2018. SU kicked the tires on a couple of LSM's as that is the strongest position locally with about 4 or 5 guys who are committed to D1 schools but SU went with Page (who is pretty highly thought of) and feels comfortable with who they have on the roster when yoyu consider they have 2 more years of Kennedy and 3 of Fernandez (assuming he takes the med redshirt). I suspect they will be involved for the two big O players at JD and have looked at Madonna as well.

Followed up on Delano, was told he is a pretty good attackmen but not a high end D1 recruit, height is a major major concern. Hackler is headed to Yale and of the local kids I really wanted that I know SU pursued. Not much in the way of Sec 3 or really local kids in the next couple of classes after grabbing Cook in 2018. SU kicked the tires on a couple of LSM's as that is the strongest position locally with about 4 or 5 guys who are committed to D1 schools but SU went with Page (who is pretty highly thought of) and feels comfortable with who they have on the roster when yoyu consider they have 2 more years of Kennedy and 3 of Fernandez (assuming he takes the med redshirt). I suspect they will be involved for the two big O players at JD and have looked at Madonna as well.
Thanks.
Looking forward to see if anyone new steps out and separates themselves.

I Believe both the youngest Burgmaster, and youngest Sheehan have decomitted from Albany and Psu respectively. I know they are both Sweetlax upstate kids, and both were highly recruited before they committed. Not sure about our involvement w either but I’d like to think we may have a shot

I Believe both the youngest Burgmaster, and youngest Sheehan have decomitted from Albany and Psu respectively. I know they are both Sweetlax upstate kids, and both were highly recruited before they committed. Not sure about our involvement w either but I’d like to think we may have a shot

I believe the youngest Sheehan decomitted because the writing was on the wall if you catch my drift. I don't think he will be attending a high end D1 school.

I believe the youngest Sheehan decomitted because the writing was on the wall if you catch my drift. I don't think he will be attending a high end D1 school.
Gotcha. Would still love to get Burgmaster but the strength of the ‘20 class seems to be at pole

Saying keep an eye on houtaling and palumb at esm. May turn into stars as well.

What do you know of the Brunelles at skanetlas and the ones at JE? Have heard some stuff about their ability but may be more to them...

Saying keep an eye on houtaling and palumb at esm. May turn into stars as well.

What do you know of the Brunelles at skanetlas and the ones at JE? Have heard some stuff about their ability but may be more to them...
I personally haven’t heard a ton about the oldest, but a couple people have told me that the one in 8th grade might already be the better of the 2. However, I haven’t seen either play. Definitely want to try and get down there for a game

I also would keep an eye on freshman Brody Coleman from Caz. Have been told he’s very likely the best freshman in the section. Have not seen him play either but definitely someone to keep an eye on.