2019 Kentucky Derby | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Kentucky Derby

what happened to the Kentucky derby fans being so classy? they're booing.

They are booing the Republican Trump loving Governor Matt Bevin.

they should be asking the stupid track guy why he opened up the track with a ton of rain coming and turned a good track into slop

i know the 20 won and i still cant figure out how to bet him to win.. he was 65-1 for a reason

i lost a ton on the ONE though getting cut off.. not sure he wins anyway but i think he gets in the top 3

Def right decision imo.

Court in on Toddy basically had to stop after getting creamed

No Kentucky Derby winner has been DQ'd based on something that happened in the race before. Does that mean that nothing has ever happened in a race that should have gotten the winner DQ'd? Did this happen because of modern technology and the emphasis on "getting it right"?

so who here had the 20 horse?

I had a a bunch of bets and threw in a 2 dollar win cause Prat is a good guy and beloved jockey out here in Santa Anita. Didn’t think they horse had any chance to win

All the people who had winning tickets go up in smoke after the favorite was taken down.

Payouts

$1.00

Double

12/20

$121.40

$1.00

Super High Five

20/13/8/5/16

$544,185.90

$2.00

Exacta

20/13

$3,009.60

$0.50

Pick 3

7/12/20

$638.80

$0.50

Pick 4

3/7/12/20

$11,325.65

$0.50

Pick 5

2, 8/3/7/12/20

$72,317.60

$0.20

Pick 6

4/2, 8/3/7/12/20

$271,869.80

$0.00

Pick 6

$137,593.95

$1.00

Superfecta

20/13/8/5

$51,400.10

$0.50

Trifecta

20/13/8

$5,737.65

No Kentucky Derby winner has been DQ'd based on something that happened in the race before. Does that mean that nothing has ever happened in a race that should have gotten the winner DQ'd? Did this happen because of modern technology and the emphasis on "getting it right"?
You generally have to do something quite egregious to be taken down in Kentucky (compared to other jurisdictions) and something blatantly obvious to be taken down in a stakes race there. This was clearly a foul (the horse appeared to be spooked by the crowd noise and veered out sharply, taking away the path of two other horses) and it was really quite fortunate that no horses and riders went down at that point in the race. The stewards made the right call here, although it wouldn't have surprised me if that had let the result stand. This had nothing to do with modern technology, as these sorts of camera angles have been available to stewards for 40 years.

IMO, biggest BS call I've seen. The hors that supposedly was bumped never changed stride at all with no effect on him, plus that horse's owner never filed a complaint, only the owner of the declared winning horse (not bumped) who would win if the real winner was DQed. There was not clear evidence, no camera angle clearly showed it. Should have been "the play stands." Churchill Downs likely banked a ton of money in bets with the DQ. Makes you wonder. You may agree or disagree but that's how I see it.

IMO, biggest BS call I've seen. The hors that supposedly was bumped never changed stride at all with no effect on him, plus that horse's owner never filed a complaint, only the owner of the declared winning horse (not bumped) who would win if the real winner was DQed. There was not clear evidence, no camera angle clearly showed it. Should have been "the play stands." Churchill Downs likely banked a ton of money in bets with the DQ. Makes you wonder. You may agree or disagree but that's how I see it.

Here’s clear evidence

I would have hit the pick 4 with the 7. I’m pissed. But right is right and wrong is wrong. The horse got spooked and cleared out a bunch of horses and war of will and Tyler G could have gone down REALLY hard.

And in regards to your Churchill Downs banked money in bets with the dq comment. I don’t think you understand perimutual betting. Not calling the DQ would have been much more beneficial for CD as far as PR.

I would have hit the pick 4 with the 7. I’m pissed. But right is right and wrong is wrong. The horse got spooked and cleared out a bunch of horses and war of will and Tyler G could have gone down REALLY hard.
Sorry that's not clear evidence to me. Didn't change the outcome. If blatant, sure. And could have" doesn't matter. JMO that's all.

Sorry that's not clear evidence to me. Didn't change the outcome. If blatant, sure. And could have" doesn't matter. JMO that's all.

So you feel War of Wills placing wasn’t affected by that

We do a thing here in Alaska. $20 a person, draw a number out of the hat, that's your horse. I drew the 7horse. Race ends, I immediately buy the house a round. We shut the TV sound off right after the race, took us a few mins to realize there was an issue... fast forward to me handing $380 to a guy, he bought a second round, and I still had a $230 tab ‍♂️

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom