2019 Masters | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Masters

Lots of great players have struggled to win majors once the putter starts to betray them. He certainly has it in him to get it done, but the margin of error for him is slim because the competition is so deep today.

If it’s a putt like you see at putt putt, 30 feet with 3 breaks or a 90 degree bend, he’s dead nuts. 6 footer straight ahead and he lips it out. Crazy.

Heck of a leaderboard, shaping up to be an entertaining weekend. I'd love to see Tiger win it.

If it’s a putt like you see at putt putt, 30 feet with 3 breaks or a 90 degree bend, he’s dead nuts. 6 footer straight ahead and he lips it out. Crazy.
It's not unusual to see that happen with players at this level. Sometimes they are able to work through it and some never get it back consistently. Tiger was one of the great putters in his prime and was almost automatic inside 6 feet, just like Jack was. When you see someone miss the cup by a few inches on putts of that length (as Tiger did a few times today) it's in their head. And if you're doing that on Friday, it's probably going to bite you in the ass on the weekend.

And for the third day, Li is in one of the featured groups being shown on the streaming viewing.

Tiger is blowing a lot of chances with his putter. Just don't think that is strong enough for him to win.

Tiger is blowing a lot of chances with his putter. Just don't think that is strong enough for him to win.

hes only 1 behind

For the 3rd straight Major Hater nation is quiet.

hes only 1 behind

I know but he blew putts on 17 and 18 yesterday and then another one earlier today and that's just when I've been watching. Eventually that catches up to you in majors I think.

I know but he blew putts on 17 and 18 yesterday and then another one earlier today and that's just when I've been watching. Eventually that catches up to you in majors I think.

yep. 4 on Thursday and 3 yesterday.

Tiger tied for 1st.

yep. 4 on Thursday and 3 yesterday.
Adam Scott has missed 5 or 6 makeable birdie chances today alone. Lots of these guys go through this at times.

Thoughts on the double tee tomorrow ? Also early tee times...

Unfortunate... Those par 5s on the back are on the back for a reason. But what can ya do.

Yep, it would be a shame if someone shot a 56 or 57 and closed on the ninth hole to win by one.

Gonna be a fun morning tomorrow. The top three is a nice group. My guy says Molinari will win. Guy doesn't make any mistakes. He may not make any hero shots but he doesn't have too. He's so steady. I think he only had 1 bogey so far.

For the 3rd straight Major Hater nation is quiet.

I'm sure there are plenty of haters out there. Personally my frustration has never been with Tiger, he's phenomenal, but rather with certain parts of the media. ESPN is at the top of the list. There are so many great players out there that deserve praise and attention. But ESPN, and CBS to a lesser extent, is hellbent on All Tiger all the time.

One of the CBS analysts today made a remark with a sense of revelation about the incredible strength of the leader board. Hey honey, you see that in almost every major these days. The talent is out the wazoo on the tour.

If the top-5 are the only ones with a chance (based on historical results) to win, here's what I think a win will mean to their legacy:

T-5
Simpson: Lock HOF'er w/ 2 majors & a Players (That's kinda amazing to say. Would be similar to Kaymer w/ out the 2012 Ryder Cup kicker)
Poulter: Virtual Lock HOF'er w/ 1 major & stellar Ryder Cup record
4th
Koepka: Approaching legend status w/ 3 legs down and wins in 4 of last 7 major starts; Possibly moves to #1
T-2
Woods: 15th major; 81st win (1 back of Snead I believe); Might break the internet
Finau: Long-time coming; Hard to fathom he's one only 1 time (on a opposite field event in P.R. iirc); More raw talent than all but 4-5 guys perhaps
Molinari: Lock HOF'er: A career like Kaymer's but actually improving (2 majors, 1 WGC for each; Ryder Cup warriors, Players (Kaymer) vs. BMW (Molinari); Should move into top-4 in OWGR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom