2019 MLB Playoffs thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2019 MLB Playoffs thread

I'm stunned the Rays came back. I thought the Astros were a machine. I think the Astros take the series at home in game 5 but much more exciting than I expected.

I'm stunned the Rays came back. I thought the Astros were a machine. I think the Astros take the series at home in game 5 but much more exciting than I expected.
Houston has riden Verlander and Cole all season. The rest of the rotation has been up and down. I expected they would lose road gsmes.
In 2017 they lost game 3 to Boston and game 4 they should have lost if Craig Kimberl didn’t suck.
Then they lose all 3 road games to the Yankees and struggled on the road in Dodger Stadium til Yu Darvish happened.

Houston is the best team I thought as long as they won Verlander and Cole starts. Now I didn’t expect to see Verlander on 3 days. I expect Cole would come thru but who knows.
The Rays are annoying scrappy team.
The team on its self isn’t that talented but the sum of their parts together are tough.
You gotta hit HRs to beat Tampa.

I am more worried about the Dodgers against Strasburg than I am Houston against Tampa.

Houston has riden Verlander and Cole all season. The rest of the rotation has been up and down. I expected they would lose road gsmes.
In 2017 they lost game 3 to Boston and game 4 they should have lost if Craig Kimberl didn’t suck.
Then they lose all 3 road games to the Yankees and struggled on the road in Dodger Stadium til Yu Darvish happened.

Houston is the best team I thought as long as they won Verlander and Cole starts. Now I didn’t expect to see Verlander on 3 days. I expect Cole would come thru but who knows.
The team on its self isn’t that talented but the sum of their parts together are tough.

I am more worried about the Dodgers against Strasburg than I am Houston against Tampa.

I thought Greinke would come up a little bigger than he did. Both NL game 7s should be really good. Flaherty and Folty haven't pitched since Friday so both should be strong. Never expected the Dodgers to go down this early but its a definite possibility with Strasburg going.

Astro lineup has come up small here as well.

The history of pitchers going on short rest in the playoffs is bad.
Wow. A full run worse ERA pitching on short rest. That is crazy significant. Never knew that.

I thought Greinke would come up a little bigger than he did. Both NL game 7s should be really good. Flaherty and Folty haven't pitched since Friday so both should be strong. Never expected the Dodgers to go down this early but its a definite possibility with Strasburg going.

Greinke is essentially a shyte baller at this point. Shyte ballin' doesn't work against most playoff level lineups

3 days rest tend to not work well, but I hear that Verlander is also extremely rigid in his routine.

The Astros may have been better served by going with Cole in 1 and 4, and Verlander in 2 and 5, so that it is Cole going on 3 days rest.

Holy Crap.

Cards score 9 runs in the top 1st in Atlanta.
Major mood killer for the fans.

If I were the Cardinals I would go bullpen day and completely leave Flaherty for game one of the NLCS.

Looooolllll

The Braves !!!!!

If I were the Cardinals I would go bullpen day and completely leave Flaherty for game one of the NLCS.
That’s an interesting idea. Only issue is he already warmed up.

Waino probably starts Game 1 if this holds. That will be at home if Nats win.

That’s seriously shoving a corn Cobb up the baseball gods arses

Damn. I’m watching and it’s 4-0. Get up to get something and come back and it’s 10-0. How bad is it for a braves fan to just now be walking into the stadium because they were at work?

That’s seriously shoving a corn Cobb up the baseball gods arses
If your bullpen Can’t hold a 10 run lead you deserve to lose no matter what the karma gods say. The Cardinals wanna win the World Series pitching Flaherty in game one of the NLCS give them a better chance

If your bullpen Can’t hold a 10 run lead you deserve to lose no matter what the karma gods say. The Cardinals wanna win the World Series pitching Flaherty in game one of the NLCS give them a better chance
He can still pitch twice. Game 3 and a potential Game 7.

That’s just not how it works . Can you imagine if the game even got within 5 runs ?

That’s just not how it works . Can you imagine if the game even got within 5 runs ?
They did make a defensive replacement already, which I’m giving a thumbs up.

OrangeDW You might want to reconsider liking this post (if I’m inferring correctly).

Thought of that after, but I agree with his point. The stakes are too high to mess around.

I am a little surprised he went 6 and got over 100 pitches. I would’ve thought 5 innings and if you’re still hammering them, then go to the pen.

Thought of that after, but I agree with his point. The stakes are too high to mess around.

I am a little surprised he went 6 and got over 100 pitches. I would’ve thought 5 innings and if you’re still hammering them, then go to the pen.
Yeah, that was a little risky.

Letting Flaherty throw 100 pitches in a 13-1 playoff game is managerial malpractice for a guy who managed flawslessly till that.

I get you want to win but save some bullets he could have come back for game 2 with a light workload.