2019 MLB Playoffs thread

MSOrange

2018 Cali Winner: Passing Yards (Big Deal Again)
The bracket is set

NL Wildcard
Brewers at Nationals

Division Series
Wild card winners vs Dodgers
Cardinals vs Braves

AL Wildcard
Rays at A's

Division Series
Wild card winner vs Houston
Minnesota vs Yankees

I've got Brewers winning the wild card and the Dodgers and Braves (admittedly that's a homer pick) winning. In the AL, I'll take the A's and Houston and the Yankees in the Division Series.

Alsacs

I know that I know nothing. Too bad though
NL wild card game winner: Nationals
AL wild card game winner: A’s

AL divisional round
Astros over A’s in 5.
Yankees over Twins in 3.

NL divisional round
Dodgers over Nationals in 4.
Braves over Cardinals in 5.

ALCS
Astros over Yankees in 7

NLCS
Dodgers over Braves in 5.

WS
Dodgers over Astros in 6

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Dodgers-Houston rematch.

This time we don’t have Yu Darvish singlehandidly losing two games for us. Though Houston is even better than ‘17. Dodgers in 7.

Last edited:

Alsacs

Dodgers over Twins in 6
Gutsy pick but you realize the Twins record against the Yankees the last 20 years is something like 1-139484. They can't beat the Yankees. As a Sox fan when I cared about this stuff too much always hated how the Twins never beat the Yankees.

If the Twins win a game I will be legit shocked.

Day2

WE WANT CHIMICHANGAS!!!
Aren’t the Brewers doing a bullpen game tomorrow?

donniesyracuse

All American
Gutsy pick but you realize the Twins record against the Yankees the last 20 years is something like 1-139484. They can't beat the Yankees. As a Sox fan when I cared about this stuff too much always hated how the Twins never beat the Yankees.

That is ancient history. These teams are pretty evenly-matched.

jncuse

Living Legend

Every team is different. This Twins team is very different than prior versions.

Baseball has been predictable in the playoffs the last few years. But it is typically the most random of all playoffs.

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
Dodgers-Houston rematch.

This time we don’t have Yu Darvish singlehandidly losing two games for us. Though Houston is even better than ‘17. Dodgers in 7.
so you're a knicks fan and dodgers fan?

MSOrange

Brewers up 2-0 in the first.
The Brewers have inexplicably hung in there since Yelich went down. That’s why I picked them tonight. we’ll see if they hang In there

Cowtown

Healthy Scratch
3-0 now. Scherzer's catching way too much plate. Both HR's were as fat as you can throw it.

Last edited:

Day2

WE WANT CHIMICHANGAS!!!
The Brewers have inexplicably hung in there since Yelich went down. That’s why I picked them tonight. we’ll see if they hang In there
Brewers are off to a good start and what they did down the stretch was impressive. However, of the 19 games they played without Yelich, only three were against a team with a winning record (the Cardinals). The Reds were the next best team at 12 games under .500. Every other team they faced finished at least 20 games under .500.

MSOrange

Brewers are off to a good start and what they did down the stretch was impressive. However, of the 19 games they played without Yelich, only three were against a team with a winning record (the Cardinals). The Reds were the next best team at 12 games under .500. Every other team they faced finished at least 20 games under .500.
That’s a really good point that I was unaware of. When Yelich went down, I didn’t pay much attention to them until the last few days of the season when I couldn’t believe they were still there

Day2

WE WANT CHIMICHANGAS!!!
I hate the one game elimination after 162 games.
Maybe you make it a best of three. You could start the 2 vs. 3 division series at the same time and make it a best of seven, while keeping the 1 vs. WC a best of five.

Day2

WE WANT CHIMICHANGAS!!!
That’s a really good point that I was unaware of. When Yelich went down, I didn’t pay much attention to them until the last few days of the season when I couldn’t believe they were still there
I’m a Cardinal fan. I had no choice but to pay attention. :)

Alsacs

Maybe you make it a best of three. You could start the 2 vs. 3 division series at the same time and make it a best of seven, while keeping the 1 vs. WC a best of five.
My change I would make is if the home team wins then they advance.
If the road team wins then they play a doubleheader the next day and the home team has to win both games.

That way you reward the top wildcard slot and force them to have to use their staff if they can’t win the first game.
Leave LDS 5 games, and LCS/WS 7 games.

Alsacs

Can we teach every pitcher to pitch like Suter?
My god that was a breath of fresh air.
The guy got the ball and wanted to pitch.

NateW

All American
I like that there is actual incentive to win a division. If you don’t, then you are subject to the randomness of a one-game wildcard.
Plus the carrot of the wild card game keeps more clubs in a competitive mode much deeper into the regular season.

This game is about making the 162 better, not the playoffs.

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Make it best of 3, every game at the higher seeded wild card’s place.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom