2019 NIT Season Tip-Off | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2019 NIT Season Tip-Off

I promise not to attend after witnessing the UCan't and Oregoon debacles in person last year.

wow penn st and OSU are tomato cans. Ole miss as the other "marquee" team in the field? yeesh.

Well maybe.

SU is in 2019 NIT Season Tip Off Event along with Penn St. Okla St and MSU.

No not Michigan; Ole Miss.

ACC, Big 10, Big 12 and SEC, but not exactly an exciting field.

It should eliminate Penn St from being the ACC/Big 10 Challenge home game. I am thinking we get Minnesota or Nebraska next season, but I hope I am wrong.

2019 NIT Season Tip-Off Field Announced - NIT Tip-off

Well maybe.

SU is in 2019 NIT Season Tip Off Event along with Penn St. Okla St and MSU. You’re going to get yourself linched.

No not Michigan; Ole Miss.

ACC, Big 10, Big 12 and SEC, but not exactly an exciting field.

It should eliminate Penn St from being the ACC/Big 10 Challenge home game. I am thinking we get Minnesota or Nebraska next season, but I hope I am wrong.

2019 NIT Season Tip-Off Field Announced - NIT Tip-off
Good god man, MSU is not Ole Miss.

I think this is a mistake. Brooklyn is not MSG (i know its a great venue but logistically it is a bit harder- I went last year but wont bother going to Brooklyn from NJ) and these matchups are just weak IMO. I dont see a very well attended event.

I think this is a mistake. Brooklyn is not MSG (i know its a great venue but logistically it is a bit harder- I went last year but wont bother going to Brooklyn from NJ) and these matchups are just weak IMO. I dont see a very well attended event.

I don't live in the area so I don't really care where they have the games. But as far as the matchups, yeah we're going to obviously have to beat Oklahoma State and hope to play Ole Miss in the next game to get anything out of it. At least they made the NCAA last year.

I'm also not a big Barclay's guy. If this was MSG I might go. As it sits I think I'm going to come to Syracuse for the UVA game with my brother. It's on a Wednesday and we don't play again until Cornell the next Wednesday. So I'm hoping we schedule a saturday game. Then I could see 2 games.

“Team to beat: Ole Miss. Breein Tyree (17.9 PPG, 38% from the 3-point line) and Devontae Shuler (10.3 PPG), who helped Kermit Davis win 20 games in his first season, return for the 2019-20 campaign.

Sleeper team: Syracuse. Jim Boeheim has a collection of new faces on his roster but who really wants to shoot against that zone in late November?”

Let’s hear some reactions I’m giddy, don’t let me down

Last edited:
Not sure why some folks here are hating on the attractiveness of the three other teams. SU may end up being the worst team of the bunch. I’m not saying SU is the worst but I don’t know if SU would be in the national top 50 to start the season.

Not sure why some folks here are hating on the attractiveness of the three other teams. SU may end up being the worst team of the bunch. I’m not saying SU is the worst but I don’t know if SU would be in the national top 50 to start the season.
Amen. In my memory, 35 years of being a fan, I can't personally remember an upcoming year like we are about to have. I truly have no idea how good or bad we will be. So many unknowns.

Well Penn State and Mississippi would have to be top-10 teams for a few years in a row while SU continues on its current track for them to be more attractive names in this sport.

OSU I know nothing about other than they're kind of stale to the average SU fan after we played them a few times a decade or so ago.

TLDR: these are mid- to low-level brands from inferior conferences, so of course nobody's excited.

Amen. In my memory, 35 years of being a fan, I can't personally remember an upcoming year like we are about to have. I truly have no idea how good or bad we will be. So many unknowns.

18-23 wins, 11-15 losses, not very fun to watch in most of the ACC games. The new normal!

Combine that with the fact that these games are the day before and the day after Thanksgiving

Why is the PreSeason NIT at the JV arena??

Might as well be in philly.

Actually, philly is easier to get to and probably in less time for most.

Why is the PreSeason NIT at the JV arena??

Might as well be in philly.

Actually, philly is easier to get to and probably in less time for most.

Brooklyn has almost 2x the population of Philly.

image.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom