2019 Spring Game | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Spring Game

Last I heard, ESPN wants content for ACCN. Football is king. It gets the best ratings. They are putting heavy pressure on the ACC schools to televise their spring games on ACCN.

I think our staff was reluctant to do this last year with a new defensive scheme being introduced. That should no longer be a surprise. Pretty sure Dino and company are not going to be thrilled about it but my guess is that it will be televised. There might even be attendance. By fans that are not students or university staff.

Tailgating? Be still my beating heart! (Probably not).
Has all the secrecy over the years w/ the current staff helped us at all?

Last I heard, ESPN wants content for ACCN. Football is king. It gets the best ratings. They are putting heavy pressure on the ACC schools to televise their spring games on ACCN.

I think our staff was reluctant to do this last year with a new defensive scheme being introduced. That should no longer be a surprise. Pretty sure Dino and company are not going to be thrilled about it but my guess is that it will be televised. There might even be attendance. By fans that are not students or university staff.

That would be awesome. Frankly, I'm hoping televising is mandatory. Other than protecting players from crazy fans?(an actual issue) The secrecy seems silly.

If fans are allowed? Dome curiosity could make for one of the better attended spring games. (Unless hoops allows it 1st)

Agree. I really hope it's televised even if Dino doesn't like it. That's definitely one criticism I have of Dino is that he wants the big crowds, but I wish he would meet the fans halfway with fan engagement activities.

That would be awesome. Frankly, I'm hoping televising is mandatory. Other than protecting players from crazy fans?(an actual issue) The secrecy seems silly.

If fans are allowed? Dome curiosity could make for one of the better attended spring games. (Unless hoops allows it 1st)
I think the tentative plan

1) Start with students and staff and basketball. Probably will happen for most of the last home basketball games (men and women). Expecting an announcement on this very soon.

2) Expand to include 'normal' fans (as normal as we get anyway) for lacrosse. Men and women. Upper deck might be opened to promote social distancing and take advantage of the extra space.

3) Spring game

1) Start with students and staff and basketball. Probably will happen for most of the last home basketball games (men and women). Expecting an announcement on this very soon.

2) Expand to include 'normal' fans (as normal as we get anyway) for lacrosse. Men and women. Upper deck might be opened to promote social distancing and take advantage of the extra space.

3) Spring game
Let that plan begin. :)

3) Spring game
We’re hoping to get to a lacrosse game or two. Should be really easy to keep distance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom