2019 Spring Game | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Spring Game

Rex being moving to TE told me Clay can play and the staff likes him. Losing Chance and not going after another QB was another indicator that they have confidence in him. We can't go by what we see in a spring game. Its a joke. They run about 5 plays. Staff evaluates the other scrimmages more.

They did go after another QB. Summers.

Kid has the frame to be a lean 280 lb 3 tech DT
See I see him staying at end and taking over with the sophomore they have now. This kid did well from what I saw in spring game. Could easily be a Coleman type kid. Get him his 4 games and save his ars for 4 more years.

They did go after another QB. Summers.
Sure. I guess Summers can come in and surprise people, Just not sure he will get enough reps with Clay and Rex ahead of him.

See I see him staying at end and taking over with the sophomore they have now. This kid did well from what I saw in spring game. Could easily be a Coleman type kid. Get him his 4 games and save his ars for 4 more years.
Yes that's possible too but Drew is prototype of what the staff has done to develop DT's that can compete in the ACC. He's already 250. He's going to naturally add weight to his frame and look like Josh Black. Staff gets to mold Drew into how they want his body to look instead of forcing someone to lose weight and improve lateral speed and quickness.

Sure. I guess Summers can come in and surprise people, Just not sure he will get enough reps with Clay and Rex ahead of him.

I don't think Summers will come in and take over either but it does show a concern about depth at QB. Probably why they also took a PWO QB, Gunther, also. Your always only an injury away from disaster.

I don't think Summers will come in and take over either but it does show a concern about depth at QB. Probably why they also took a PWO QB, Gunther, also. Your always only an injury away from disaster.
facts

Chance was getting rave reviews in camp last year though.
Someone said it was because of academics. Rave reviews from media and coaches are both are skeptical due to obvious conflict of interest.

Someone said it was because of academics. Rave reviews from media and coaches are both are skeptical due to obvious conflict of interest.
Coaches, media, former players, and random folks who saw him in person saying he could be better then any QB we had on the roster at the time.
Grades, not fear of a walk-on passing him up on the depth chart...

Coaches, media, former players, and random folks who saw him in person saying he could be better then any QB we had on the roster at the time.
Grades, not fear of a walk-on passing him up on the depth chart...
Sounds alittle Hyperbolic. I do not remember that many people saying that. And I read every word about SU football. I do remember a few positive reviews in the context of him being a good backup QB. But then again at what point do coaches, media, former players and random folks on the street ever say something truthfully negative about a player at SU. as in: 'Yeah, he's not really that good and will have a hard time finding any meaningful minutes here, and he probably should transfer.'

Sounds alittle Hyperbolic. I do not remember that many people saying that. And I read every word about SU football. I do remember a few positive reviews in the context of him being a good backup QB. But then again at what point do coaches, media, former players and random folks on the street ever say something truthfully negative about a player at SU. as in: 'Yeah, he's not really that good and will have a hard time finding any meaningful minutes here, and he probably should transfer.'
Everything Ive heard points to Chance being some one that would have tore it up in Dino's system. The stuff off the field is what held him back and it might hold him back in juco.

Last edited:

Dungey said it.

You can believe whatever you want.
Babers, Dungey, most of the media, folks with good backgrounds in football on this board, and others I spoke with had high praise for Chance.
No way he left due to being afraid of losing a battle to a walk-on JUCO kid.

You can believe whatever you want.
Babers, Dungey, most of the media, folks with good backgrounds in football on this board, and others I spoke with had high praise for Chance.
No way he left due to being afraid of losing a battle to a walk-on JUCO kid.
You're correct...the coaches loved Chance's potential. He really opened eyes running the scout team.

He was basically, "let go" because of a number of choices he made off the field. His grades had also become an issue.

Chance Amie’s a step up from alin edouard in my opinion now. On to the next. Clayton has shown flashes of playmaking ability. Summers is a nice pick up. Van Dyke would be a great land.

That's amazing considering Nebraska's record last year. Guess its not all about the W's.

It truly is an crazy culture. One time my mom made the mistake of calling her aunt in Nebraska and didn't know it was in the middle of a Huskers game. Her aunt asked her if she knew the game was on and then hung up.

It truly is an crazy culture. One time my mom made the mistake of calling her aunt in Nebraska and didn't know it was in the middle of a Huskers game. Her aunt asked her if she knew the game was on and then hung up.
Football school. Love it! Be nice for us to double the #'s from this year. I do think they were trying this year .

In the throes of football withdrawal, I went searching for the last Spring Game SU played and found this thread. Can you believe it was 4-13-2019?! It seems so so long ago! It was a fun re-read. How exciting to see the optimism for the coming season. I guess this year will be as Covid-weird as the Fall season was but I hope Spring Ball will be as productive as possible for the team. If fans can't attend, can you imagine the enthusiasm for 2022 Spring Game? I hope it regains the energy and excitement it had in 2019.

I'm curious if this years spring game will be shown on ACCN?

Also wondering if the fcs schools having a spring season will get some bigger tv games? That'd be awesome.

I'm curious if this years spring game will be shown on ACCN?

Also wondering if the fcs schools having a spring season will get some bigger tv games? That'd be awesome.
Last I heard, ESPN wants content for ACCN. Football is king. It gets the best ratings. They are putting heavy pressure on the ACC schools to televise their spring games on ACCN.

I think our staff was reluctant to do this last year with a new defensive scheme being introduced. That should no longer be a surprise. Pretty sure Dino and company are not going to be thrilled about it but my guess is that it will be televised. There might even be attendance. By fans that are not students or university staff.

Tailgating? Be still my beating heart! (Probably not).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom