2019 Tewaaraton | Syracusefan.com

2019 Tewaaraton

For Pat Spencer to not win he would have to tear his ACL tomorrow, Loyola would have to lose out, and he would have to commit at least 2 felonies.

Why is Spencer a lock?

The main reason is that the Tewaaraton is almost always given to a senior offensive player. I think the only exception in recent years is when Lyle Thompson got it with his brother Miles who was a senior. The 2 or 3 guys who are most likely capable of matching Spencers stats/MVP status this year are Juniors or younger. Spencer has also put up ridiculous numbers every season since he was a freshman. That also tends to go a long way when they chose the winner.

Spencer is the only final five finalist from last year that has not graduated. Certainly an advantage but many good players who could legitimately be chosen

Way too early to predict final five finalists but just for the fun of it . Spencer , Teat, Ament, Ierlan ,Sowers. First four would have the advantage of their teams likely going deep in NCAA.

Spencer is the only final five finalist from last year that has not graduated. Certainly an advantage but many good players who could legitimately be chosen

Way too early to predict final five finalists but just for the fun of it . Spencer , Teat, Ament, Ierlan ,Sowers. First four would have the advantage of their teams likely going deep in NCAA.

That is a highly likely top 5. As for seniors who could give spencer a run for his money, maybe Brad Smith if he starts looking as good as he did last season and duke wins it all. Jack Jasinski at OSU if they go really deep or win it all. Maybe that Brendan Sunday guy at Towson who is dominating since they are also most likely the new number 1 team.

There is no way he wins it but it's it a big recognition. 1 of 5 Defenders to make the Top 25.
I'm just playing devil's advocate, but if he were to match up vs. Pat Spencer, Grant Ament and Jared Bernhardt or some such trio in the q-finals, semis and finals and win the match up and SU won the whole thing, I think he would be pretty deserving.

But you're right, there's no way he wins it.

Its spenser.dude is str8 nasty. I don't ever remember watching a player as smooth as he is. just give it to him

Sowers is better than all of them. Gets dropped in shadows because he’s got a weak team around him. If Mellen shuts Spencer down, that would be a bad look for Spencer in his final two bigger stage games . But that’s a big IF. He likely wins it either way as there has been so much talk about it, it’s pre ordained

Spencer's acceptance speech: "I am inevitable."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom