2019 Transfers | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Transfers

What's the story with Collin Munro? Isn't that Jamie Munro's son, founder of 3d Lacrosse.
Munro seems like he could contribute a lot of places. I'm not sure why he hasn't done more at UNC. Munro was a good scorer for his Jr A team in BC. They won the Minto Cup a couple summers ago.

What's the story with Collin Munro? Isn't that Jamie Munro's son, founder of 3d Lacrosse.

Good question, while I don't know a ton about Munro my initial thought would be that he got caught in a numbers game at UNC. UNC totally revamped their offense about halfway through the years going with 2 and sometimes 3 true frosh as the starting attackmen and bumping some attackmen to the midfield. UNC didn't have a great dodging attackmen this year (despite our invert meltdown) and I think that probably affected him a lot. I could see him ending up at a place like Hopkins as they lose their only real pure finisher in Marr (who I think was overrated anyway) or maybe a lower level D1 school.

Ty Xanders
Update on Chris Gray: per a source, the former @TerrierMLAX attackman just entered the NCAA's transfer portal and can now be contacted by coaches:

Ubriaco really does help fill in a hole for the Terps, that is, giving them a needed experienced long pole.

As we look ahead over the next two years, it’s do or die time in 2020.

The combination of a loaded Yale, PSU and UVA make it immediately challenging ..and then looking downstream at Duke, UNC, Hopkins and others re-loading with five star recruits, transfers etc .(.and our relatively poor recruiting classes ..2021 and beyond) it could get very bleak - not a top 10 program

We desperately need a major difference maker next year ..a true #22... to make us a premier destination spot once again.. ..I truly think it’s final four or bust in 2020

2021 will be a rude wake up call otherwise ...and time to pull things apart and take us into 5 year re-build

Hopefully, he wants to be a journalist or a public policy wonk.

BU's media school is extremely strong, with arguably better internship options (in part because of its location) than SU's.

May not need a FOGO but SBU has some talent that might also be looking for a new home

May not need a FOGO but SBU has some talent that might also be looking for a new home

I actually have a little bit of knowledge on Enneguess, he is a bigger face off guy who looks like a bodybuilder/wrestler type fogo, similar body type to Greg Gerenlian (typo I apologize). He could be an interesting change up from Phap or Varello. Not sure is Syracuse will even be interested. He could be an interesting prospect to follow.

General question about the transfer portal, if anyone knows — how public is it? Seems like it’s instantly known publicly when someone puts their name in.

General question about the transfer portal, if anyone knows — how public is it? Seems like it’s instantly known publicly when someone puts their name in.

It's not supposed to be public at all.

Only coaches officially have access.

Well if that's true (no reason to doubt it) can't say the staff isn't out there trying to address the attack issue. Love that they offered #22.

If they get Gray we can certainly forgive them for holding off on 22 for a couple years. This is the perfect moment to use it as a little extra recruiting tool. I think the fact that we have one of the best midfields and are only really missing a solid attack qb also may look appealing.

If they get Gray we can certainly forgive them for holding off on 22 for a couple years. This is the perfect moment to use it as a little extra recruiting tool. I think the fact that we have one of the best midfields and are only really missing a solid attack qb also may look appealing.

It's an incentive that none of the other schools (assuming that list is accurate) can really match our offer. Certainly doesn't mean he's coming here by any stretch but I think its shows the staff is willing to use every resource we have to address by far the biggest position of need.

Makes total sense to make the offer. Looking at the schools mentioned, lacrosse wise, I think Duke and SU offer the best situations - both are preseason top 6 without him and both are lacking his specific talents. Of course it's not just about lacrosse. Hope it works out.

Not only would he fit a glaring need perfectly but he'd be welcomed here with open arms by a great group of kids who he'd enjoy playing and hanging with .

Hope the young man is informed of all the positives that Cuse can offer.

Duke is disturbing though. They also are in dire need of a legit attack QB and just lost Brad Smith. They have also outperformed us in the tourney/season recently (besides of course our 4 game win streak against them). Unfortunate combo to be sure. But there was some rumor about the reason he left BU was because he did not get in to their business school. Not that I necessarily believe that rumor, but if true would he also not have the grades to transfer to Duke? How does that quote go? "Give me your tired, your poor, your slightly academically mediocre masses."

Duke is disturbing though. They also are in dire need of a legit attack QB and just lost Brad Smith. They have also outperformed us in the tourney/season recently (besides of course our 4 game win streak against them). Unfortunate combo to be sure. But there was some rumor about the reason he left BU was because he did not get in to their business school. Not that I necessarily believe that rumor, but if true would he also not have the grades to transfer to Duke? How does that quote go? "Give me your tired, your poor, your slightly academically mediocre masses."

Agree about Duke, didn't want to see them on the list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom