2019 Transfers | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Transfers

I’ve read Gray’s a business major. How does SU’s business school stack up?

This would be huge-I don’t see Hopkins due to the fact that Epstein will run the show over there for the next 3 years. I also haven’t heard about Carolina at any point, so I’d be surprised if that happened (especially since they are in the worst position out of the schools mentioned in the tweet). And w Cornell, I don’t see it happening. Depending on his grades, it’ll be tough getting him in, and he’ll have to go in there knowing that he’ll struggle to get the ball due to face off/defensive issues. So that leaves us and Duke. I think we can go toe to toe w them on just about every front except for academics and weather

I’ve read Gray’s a business major. How does SU’s business school stack up?
Whitman is a respected business school, he'd receive a very good business education that would lead to having a successful career. His face would be on the highway billboard and everyone would know his name especially Cuse alumni in business circles scattered across the U.S.A .

Syracuse and Chris Gray are a very good match from many angles. Share the sentiments of all, really hoping he decides to come here.

If, and this is a big IF, we get Gray... it becomes much more important to have a finishing attackman. Crease guy, with a good 5-10 yard shot. Based off Donnelly's highlights I could see him fitting in really well with a dodging attack of Gray and Rehfuss. Owen Hill has been brought up as a guy with great hands, and Basil Aburn looked decent when he was on the field this season. Whomever it is, it will be important to have a crease guy with Gray.

Maybe Cook can be that guy too???

If, and this is a big IF, we get Gray... it becomes much more important to have a finishing attackman. Crease guy, with a good 5-10 yard shot. Based off Donnelly's highlights I could see him fitting in really well with a dodging attack of Gray and Rehfuss. Owen Hill has been brought up as a guy with great hands, and Basil Aburn looked decent when he was on the field this season. Whomever it is, it will be important to have a crease guy with Gray.

Maybe Cook can be that guy too???

It is certainly unfortunate that our two best off ball guys (Voigt and Solomon) are graduating at the same time. Rehfuss isn't Mr. Catch and finish in traffic by any means, although he is capable when he has to, and nothing we have seen in Seebolds game has made me think he could stand out there either. When it comes to Cook i think that finishing is unfortunately a weak aspect to his game (got stuffed on multiple occasions this year and made it easy for goalies to anticipate his shot locations at times) but finishing on the crease is in many ways a mental game and his freshman nerves could have been a strong factor.

Owen Hill had some really impressive off ball finishes in the few high school highlights we had access to in the preseason. I think we actually redshirted him and that is hopefully because we realized that Voigt with his skill and experience would always be the ideal crease man candidate this season, with Solomon as a definite second option. Hill is one of the few guys on the squad with legit box background and I could see him having a breakout season as an offball guy for us. Aburn put the ball in the cage with no issues when he played for like 30 seconds against Albany. 100% shooting is always a nice sign! Don't know much about him besides that though.

Gray has applied to the admissions department at Yale. Imagine he goes there if he’s accepted.

Word is Yale is also about to lose it’s too two assistants — one to Fairfield and another to Marquette.

Gray has applied to the admissions department at Yale. Imagine he goes there if he’s accepted.

Word is Yale is also about to lose it’s too two assistants — one to Fairfield and another to Marquette.

I think the DCoord was announced at Fairfield

Hmm, Yale returns their entire starting attack from last year. They do lose their entire starting midfield, maybe Brandau or Morrill switches positions? Kind of strange, but if you want to go to Yale, you want to go to Yale.

He could certainly end up there but I wouldn't read to much into that. I believe Ierlan did the same thing with Cornell last year.

It's not supposed to be public at all.

Only coaches officially have access.
I interned at an athletic department this spring and I had full access

He could certainly end up there but I wouldn't read to much into that. I believe Ierlan did the same thing with Cornell last year.

Certainly possible. I also think the days of SU enticing a recruit with the #22 are long gone. Most of these kids were too young the last time anyone of significance wore that number at SU.

Former Boston University All-American attackman Chris Gray has whittled down his list and has several campus visits scheduled for next week, according to sources close to the situation.

Duke, Johns Hopkins, North Carolina and Virginia are said to be the favorites to secure Gray's services, though Cornell and Yale are still in the picture albeit dark-horses.

A previous report by College Crosse's Chris Jastrzembski, who first tweeted out some of the potential suitors on Thursday, said Syracuse is in the mix. They were one of many programs that reached out after he entered the NCAA's transfer portal, however, Syracuse is not a contender to land Gray.

Former Boston University All-American attackman Chris Gray has whittled down his list and has several campus visits scheduled for next week, according to sources close to the situation.

Duke, Johns Hopkins, North Carolina and Virginia are said to be the favorites to secure Gray's services, though Cornell and Yale are still in the picture albeit dark-horses.

A previous report by College Crosse's Chris Jastrzembski, who first tweeted out some of the potential suitors on Thursday, said Syracuse is in the mix. They were one of many programs that reached out after he entered the NCAA's transfer portal, however, Syracuse is not a contender to land Gray.

Well that answers that. Another bad sign of where we currently stand or have fallen as a program.

As far as actual results both in terms of playoffs and regular season, we have done objectively just as good or better than 3 of those schools on his list in the past couple years (Hopkins UNC and Cornell). Clearly there are more factors on his mind than just the quality of the team. One factor across the board is that all six of those schools are considered better than Cuse in terms of academics, a common factor in transfers. I am disappointed but don’t think this is necessarily symbolic of a massive decline in the program or anything like that. Glad we went after him and tried to make it happen. Only thing that really sucks is that we play all these schools!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom