2019 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread

I don't know anybody about this guy because he's played for a completely irrelevant franchise.

What else should I know about him?

I don't know anybody about this guy because he's played for a completely irrelevant franchise.

What else should I know about him?

040518_paxton_eagle_med.gif

He has the ability to summon birds of prey?
So now the Evil Empire has moved on to Star Trek, we’ve added a Romulan and his Bird of Prey.

I like it...

They are selling high on Sheffield before he gets too exposed. According to Buster Olney most teams think Justus' long term future is in the pen.

I think it is a decent trade. Stockpiling prospects to trade later was the long term plan. Biggest worry about Paxton is that he is injury prone. However, if you look at our lefty starters they are either too old (CC/Happ), or too inexperienced (Jordan Montgomery). And think they may sign Corbin too.

While I'm not a Yanks' fan, I agree that this was a good trade. When he's on, Paxton can be filthy. And Baseball Prospectus speculates that he might only now be peaking b/c he had injuries early in his career that curtailed his usage. The one question is, how does he react to the bandbox that is Yankee Stadium?

Yes, they gave up some good potential wild cards in the deal, but the reason you build a deep system is for trades like this.

"Now entering the Hall of the Fame for the Yankees, Number 42 ..." {said in an imitation Bob Sheppard voice}
Let's hope "K-Rod" isn't eligible this year. The writers might pick him over Mo.

(ps, it's a joke)

Let's hope "K-Rod" isn't eligible this year. The writers might pick him over Mo.

(ps, it's a joke)
Papelbum thinks he should go in over Rivera though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom