2019 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread

040518_paxton_eagle_med.gif
He is the Beastmaster.
v1.bjs1MzAwNTY7ajsxNzg3MTsxMjAwOzE5MjA7MTA4MA

Won't they still get Corbin?

For anyone needing a NYY fix, here's the 1952 World Series, Yankees at Dodgers, Game 7, Ebbetts Field. Nine HOFers in the series (Yankees: Casey Stengel (mgr.), Yogi Berra, Mickey Mantle, Johnny Mize, Phil Rizzuto
Dodgers: Roy Campanella, Pee Wee Reese, Jackie Robinson, Duke Snider). And some great names from the past who aren't, like Billy Martin, Gil Hodges, Carl Furillo, Charlie Dressen, Gil McDougald, Joe Black, Johnny Sain, Carl Erskine, and up in the booth two more greats, Mel Allen and Red Barber. :)

edit: Historical note: Johnny Sain was the last pitcher to face Babe Ruth, and the first to pitch to Jackie Robinson

Last edited:
SOSH is saying Yanks-M’s talking
Ellsbury, Andujar for Segura, Cano, prospect and half of Cano’s contract.

SOSH is saying Yanks-M’s talking
Ellsbury, Andujar for Segura, Cano, prospect and half of Cano’s contract.
Good to see they listen to WFAN.

Yanks traded Torreyes. I don't really like the move. Utility guys who can play almost every position, while not being a liability at the plate, are incredibly important over a 162 game season where injuries take a toll.

Yanks traded Torreyes. I don't really like the move. Utility guys who can play almost every position, while not being a liability at the plate, are incredibly important over a 162 game season where injuries take a toll.

I concur, anything that increases options is generally good, and RT gave us more than one.
noidea.gif

Kaiser has this one been discussed on the FAN yet?

Sonny Gray/Jacoby Ellsbury/Clint Frazier for Zach Greinke/ Nick Ahmed

Kaiser has this one been discussed on the FAN yet?

Sonny Gray/Jacoby Ellsbury/Clint Frazier for Zach Greinke/ Nick Ahmed
The Yanks don't like Greinke I thought.

The Yanks don't like Greinke I thought.
Its not official but its a deal I could see the Yankees considering it gets Ellsbury and Gray off the books for an upside ace or number 2 pitcher at worst.

Its not official but its a deal I could see the Yankees considering it gets Ellsbury and Gray off the books for an upside ace or number 2 pitcher at worst.
I think it can be worse. I think their issue was they didn't believe Greinke would hold up in NY.

I think it can be worse. I think their issue was they didn't believe Greinke would hold up in NY.
Greinke is 36. Pretty sure they wouldn’t include Frazier.

And yes, Greinke was dismissed as anotherr gray or Whitson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom