2019 Yankees Thread... | Page 109 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Thread...

I don't mean to sound anti-OCD, but I think maybe it's time for Gardner to stop banging his bat against the dugout ceiling.

Especially for a team that often carries 14 pitchers on the active roster.

I don't mean to sound anti-OCD, but I think maybe it's time for Gardner to stop banging his bat against the dugout ceiling.

What was that all about?

Kay and O'neil are defending Gardner, but his behavior is really unbecoming imo. Whether the ump over-reacted or not, there's really no need for that infantile behavior over and over again.

Kay and O'neil are defending Gardner, but his behavior is really unbecoming imo. Whether the ump over-reacted or not, there's really no need for that infantile behavior over and over again.

I don't disagree with your point. But if the ump going to take a hard line like that, he tells the manager in the pregame, "This is his warning right here: if he does that, he's gone." No problem.

Last edited:
What was that all about?

Strike 3 on Maybin was not a strike. Maybin started jawing. Boone went out to protect him and got tossed. Others in the dugout stated jawing. Gardner did his thing hitting he dugout with the bat and got tossed as did CC.

I was half listening, but I didn't think they were so much defending Gardner as they were saying the ump was picking a fight by looking into the dugout.

I don't disagree with them.

But this is the 3rd time recently that Gardner, when disagreeing with a strike call on him or someone else, starts banging the bat against the dugout ceiling.

I like that he defends his teammates, but the word is out on that now. Can't afford to keep getting him tossed, even if he's right about the call being terrible.

Gardner and Sabathia are ostensibly the leaders of this team, but the only thing they seem to be leading is in the number of times they've been tossed out of games from the bench. Meanwhile, let's demonize a player for refusing to talk to reporters after a rough game. Boone needs to take control, but he has a penchant for running his mouth, too.

Gardner and Sabathia are ostensibly the leaders of this team, but the only thing they seem to be leading is in the number of times they've been tossed out of games from the bench. Meanwhile, let's demonize a player for refusing to talk to reporters after a rough game. Boone needs to take control, but he has a penchant for running his mouth, too.
They get tossed, so no one ‘real’ important does.

This is legendary stuff we witnessing.

No WS, and all the snowflakes will win for sure.

They get tossed, so no one ‘real’ important does.

This is legendary stuff we witnessing.

No WS, and all the snowflakes will win for sure.

Umps aren't all dopes. I think they needed to get control of the situation, and tossing CC helped do that without hurting the team. Because every good ump/ref knows nobody paid to see how good they are.

I learned while reffing hoops that you generally see the attitudes of the coaches reflected in the players. I don't dislike the scrappy, competitive edge I see in Boone. His baseball skills were middle of the road, but what got him a career was that edge. It's what drove him, and it's what we're seeing from him now. I honestly think it's not bad timing here in the middle of August, the traditional dog days, to set off a spark with the team.

That said, it can't be a free-for-all in the dugout. The team has to be aware they'll attract negative attention from other sources (read: umps!), so they need to be perhaps a little more selective where they apply their "edge." Getting a few guys tossed here doesn't hurt so much, but it could later in September.

And geez, we need a couple of pitchers back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom