2019 Yankees Thread... | Page 113 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Thread...

They can’t possibly really think they deserved a run in scrubby fashion like that can they?

Hit the ball if you want a run.

Huh???

Huh???

Bang bang play at second(should’ve been the 5th out of the inning if our guys did their jobs), fielder gets hurt, pitcher calls timeout...and you want a run out of that? Because the ump was slow to react?

Did Didi really struck out bunting with 2 strikes? Only had the gamecast.

I really like Didi, but it was not a good choice to try to slap/drag it like that. If he squares up and pushes it, he's on. Easily. But, what the heck?

Bang bang play at second(should’ve been the 5th out of the inning if our guys did their jobs), fielder gets hurt, pitcher calls timeout...and you want a run out of that? Because the ump was slow to react?

What pitcher called timeout? Replay didn’t show any and they panned the field. And Torres was still running when the ump raised his hands. So I guess a deep fly ball and the outfielder catches it but hits wall and goes down, runners can’t advance.

What pitcher called timeout? Replay didn’t show any and they panned the field. And Torres was still running when imo rained his hands. So I guess deep fly ball and the outfielder catches it but hits wall and goes down, runners can’t advance.

He was trying to call timeout.

Regardless of if the ump “should’ve” stopped it or not, seems like a pretty cheap and lucky way to get a run...runner on second and a slow ground ball hit to third, and the second baseman gets hurt.

He was trying to call timeout.

Regardless of if the ump “should’ve” stopped it or not, seems like a pretty cheap and lucky way to get a run...runner on second and a slow ground ball hit to third, and the second baseman gets hurt.
I certainly don’t want anyone to get injured, but in terms of its affect on the game , the only thing that matters is if the play was called directly, cheap or.not. Runs all count the same.

I certainly don’t want anyone to get injured, but in terms of its affect on the game , the only thing that matters is if the play was called directly, cheap or.not. Runs all count the same.

I mean...I guess I get it.

At the same time, the Yanks weren’t exactly smoking the ball.

I have my own concerns - we play guys out of their best positions so much. With a normal second baseman and a normal first baseman, that inning is already over - which is our own problem to deal with.

From a pitcher’s standpoint, the guy basically had to get 6 outs - though to be fair that bunt attempt handed him one.

It's a motherhood issue. A player went down, apparently injured, so they stop the play. It's not rugby or hockey. If it was Torres or DJ on the ground, we'd be screaming "Stop the music!"

It's a motherhood issue. A player went down, apparently injured, so they stop the play. It's not rugby or hockey. If it was Torres or DJ on the ground, we'd be screaming "Stop the music!"

That’s not how baseball is played, nor any sport. Or you get what we got, a faked injury.

That’s not how baseball is played, nor any sport. Or you get what we got, a faked injury.

I don't disagree, just describing what happened.

What continually amazes me in all the YES home run replays is the speed and placement of the pitch. I would have to think most all of those are mistakes because I can't fathom how a pitcher could possibly believe he would get a 91 mph belt-high pitch that's over the center of the plate past Judge (his homer on Friday).

Maybe judge is coming around?

Well that worked out

Any chance we let Khanle hit here so he can start the 8th, he looked locked in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors