2019 Yankees Thread... | Page 152 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Thread...

We don’t beat Cole, it’s over. We had our chances tonight.
Over? Let's all get some sleep after that experience.

Still flipped homefield advantage by taking game 1. Sucks that we go to the Bronx and have to face the hottest pitcher in the game right now, though.

Still flipped homefield advantage by taking game 1. Sucks that we go to the Bronx and have to face the hottest pitcher in the game right now, though.
Going to see the same strategy as tonight. Short leash for Sevy then ride the bull pen to keep it close. Hope for a break through late and score a run.

As good as our bullpen is when you use them so early you end up way down the list with guys like happ trying to get big outs (obviously the fact this was tied didn’t help). Shocked that homer didn’t happen an inning sooner.

Either way, offense must do more. Had chances. Didn’t capitalize. This one was right there.

As good as our bullpen is when you use them so early you end up way down the list with guys like happ trying to get big outs (obviously the fact this was tied didn’t help). Shocked that homer didn’t happen an inning sooner.

Either way, offense must do more. Had chances. Didn’t capitalize. This one was right there.

Hopefully Gary takes away the positives from his last at-bat. He was right there. Just missed on a couple swings. We need his bat to come back alive.

Didn’t like batting a guy who hasn’t hit in a real game for 2 1/2 months for Maybin. Not that it mattered in the end, Hicks could have been running for Ed. And Romine should have been hitting for Sanchez after the first 3 useless at bats. Some questionable decisions.

Didn’t like batting a guy who hasn’t hit in a real game for 2 1/2 months for Maybin. Not that it mattered in the end, Hicks could have been running for Ed. And Romine should have been hitting for Sanchez after the first 3 useless at bats. Some questionable decisions.
Agree on the first 2. To be honest I thought Sanchez was going to get it done

Game 3 is huge. Cole is absolutely dealing.

Feels weird since we took home field but almost seemed like we needed both of these knowing cole is next.

Yeah. I think you're right on both.

Feels weird since we took home field but almost seemed like we needed both of these knowing cole is next.
Here is the thing - Cole has to do it.

It's like Verlander today. He pitched well, but we could have won that.

Cole has to compete too.

Good point by Nelson. Was Chirinos In the baseline blocking the plate before the ball got there? Should have been reviewed.

I almost feel like we have to sweep at home. Game 6 and 7 are in Houston with Verlander and Cole dealing. IF we can beat Cole, I feel good about games 4 and 5 versus whomever and Greinke. Don’t want to go back to Houston.

Ottavino needs to be slotted lower in the trust tree.

What bothered me is exactly what Smoltz was saying. If you go to your bullpen earlier than you need them in game 1, you're giving the Astros more looks at them.

He brings in Ottavino to face Springer in game 1.

Then he brings in Ottavino to face Springer in game 2.

Felt like the unanimous Manager of the Year overmanaged that one a bit.

As for today's lineup, I get trying to break up lefty/righty but 1. Houston's staff is all righty, and 2. I'd rather have Gleyber bat more, in more likely spots to have people on base. That wouldn't be following Edwin and his waving wand. It would be after DJ and Judge.

I'll stop complaining now, because as I said, he's manager of the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom