2019 Yankees Thread... | Page 166 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Thread...

Green followed by Happ?

Sevy vs Cole in Game 7.

Booo. Happs last 5 starts of the regular season he pitched 27 1/3 innings and only gave up 5 earned runs. Then we decided he’s a reliever.

Hicks sends one to the sticks

There are not many belt-high, 88 mph pitches over the heart of the plate that are going to get past a major league batter. He almost got around on it too much.

There are not many belt-high, 88 mph pitches over the heart of the plate that are going to get past a major league batter. He almost got around on it too much.

Yeah, that remained fair by about the same margin Didi's fly off Cole in Game 3, stayed in play. :)

So will we see Maybin for Gardy, Romine for Sanchez and Voit or Ford replace Stanton at DH?

Play to win.

So will we see Maybin for Gardy, Romine for Sanchez and Voit or Ford replace Stanton at DH?

Play to win.

Gardy and Sanchez have struggled mightily this series, if not a little longer. It's not like they've adjusted and are working on that, they're still looking at/missing the same pitches last night they were when the series opened. November is not the time to make changes, now is. Boone may be bold enough to do that. Here's hoping. Either way, though, "Let's Go Bombers!"

Cow and bees, pining for the likes of Romine and Ford tonight, just cracks me up.

Gardy and Sanchez have struggled mightily this series, if not a little longer. It's not like they've adjusted and are working on that, they're still looking at/missing the same pitches last night they were when the series opened. November is not the time to make changes, now is. Boone may be bold enough to do that. Here's hoping. Either way, though, "Let's Go Bombers!"

With SU having played on a Friday, I am sooooo glad I still have the Yankees today.

Cow and bees, pining for the likes of Romine and Ford tonight, just cracks me up.

You pine for having 6 guys under .200?

You pine for having 6 guys under .200?
You would have most of the power bats (Sanchez, Encarnacion, Stanton) sitting tonight if you could. Ridiculous. There aren't enough guys on the bench to replace everyone you think should sit because they're not hitting. Gotta trust the guys who got you here, IMO.

You would have most of the power bats (Sanchez, Encarnacion, Stanton) sitting tonight if you could. Ridiculous. There aren't enough guys on the bench to replace everyone you think should sit because they're not hitting. Gotta trust the guys who got you here, IMO.

I love power hitting guys. But they have to hit. This team isn’t. The other guys I mention helped get us here too.

I love power hitting guys. But they have to hit. This team isn’t. The other guys I mention helped get us here too.
Of course they did, but with the season on the line and facing a bunch of different Houston pitchers tonight, I want those big bats in there, provided they are healthy. The offensive woes in this series have been a team effort, and even some of the golden children have struggled in big spots.

Of course they did, but with the season on the line and facing a bunch of different Houston pitchers tonight, I want those big bats in there, provided they are healthy. The offensive woes in this series have been a team effort, and even some of the golden children have struggled in big spots.

I just hope they come through and Boone’s stubbornness doesn’t hurt us. Romines also a better defensive catcher. I’m also not sure why Happ isn’t starting. Guy was on a roll.

I just hope they come through and Boone’s stubbornness doesn’t hurt us. Romines also a better defensive catcher. I’m also not sure why Happ isn’t starting. Guy was on a roll.
I'm more concerned with how Boone manages the pitching staff. It's like watching someone paint themselves into a corner at times. I agree about Happ and think he can give this team 3 or 4 good innings. Hopefully he gets the chance to do that after Green, who is fully capable of 2 or 3 innings himself. But if Boone starts giving his better guys a quick hook tonight, this could get ugly.

I'm more concerned with how Boone manages the pitching staff. It's like watching someone paint themselves into a corner at times. I agree about Happ and think he can give this team 3 or 4 good innings. Hopefully he gets the chance to do that after Green, who is fully capable of 2 or 3 innings himself. But if Boone starts giving his better guys a quick hook tonight, this could get ugly.

If Boone brings in Ottavino to face Springer, I’m gonna break things.

(unless he gets him out)

I prefer Happ starting because that is what he is used to. And Green has pitched plenty of times in the middle of the game.

I prefer Happ starting because that is what he is used to. And Green has pitched plenty of times in the middle of the game.
I agree. Green can do either, but Happ will be asked to do something he doesn't ordinarily do tonight, and it's unlikely Boone will try to get length out of him, as he has ants in his pants these days. If Green struggles early and Boone lifts him, and then burns Happ just to get out a lefty bat, I'll be breaking things with Chip.

Well, I didn't say anything about Ford. I think I'd switch in Maybin and definitely Romine. Sanchez is completely lost right now. He can't hit a bull in the ass with a bass drum, and the Astro's run last night was because he was shtty behind the plate. Elimination games are not the time for concentration lapses.

And then I'd go back to them in a game 7 (here's hoping! :))

I hate the Yankees with all my being

So, kind of like how I feel about the Montreal Canadiens. You could hand cuff them and the Leafs to each other, put 'em in a leaky boat, set it on fire and push it out into shark-infested waters for all I care. :)

Well, I didn't say anything about Ford. I think I'd switch in Maybin and definitely Romine. Sanchez is completely lost right now. He can't hit a bull in the ass with a bass drum, and the Astro's run last night was because he was shtty behind the plate. Elimination games are not the time for concentration lapses.

And then I'd go back to them in a game 7 (here's hoping! :))
I've seen a few concentration lapses on defense in this series, and they haven't all been from Sanchez. None have changed the outcome of a game, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom