2019 Yankees Thread... | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Thread...

defensive liability on a team with too many DH's. Got Wally Pipped by Urshela. Once miggy shows he's healthy during 2020 spring training trade him.
Urshela has been great, but I'd like to see a full season of his bat before I Lou Gehrig him.

Urshela has been great, but I'd like to see a full season of his bat before I Lou Gehrig him.

Me too, that's why don't trade until we know he's 100% healthy.

Yeah, he's been amazing, but he's got to be playing well over his head.

Yeah, he's been amazing, but he's got to be playing well over his head.

We'll find out, but it's nice to have options. Unless the Nats are willing to give away Rendon for parts that no one cares about, you ride out Urshela for the year. The defense is legit and shouldn't fade. He was a known quantity for that. If the bat starts dragging things down so bad that even the defense makes him a net negative, you can just slot in LeMahieu or even Tulo if he returns.

We'll find out, but it's nice to have options. Unless the Nats are willing to give away Rendon for parts that no one cares about, you ride out Urshela for the year. The defense is legit and shouldn't fade. He was a known quantity for that. If the bat starts dragging things down so bad that even the defense makes him a net negative, you can just slot in LeMahieu or even Tulo if he returns.
Oh, no doubt, at this point Urshela is definitely the guy... for the remainder of the season.

Then it's open competition. Urshela has to prove his bat is for real, Andujar has to prove his health and that he's not a total defensive liability.

Paxton pulled after 66 pitches thru 4. Boone had said 70-75 pitches, so not surprising.

Kinda wish he let him try to go 5 since he was facing 6-7-8 in the order. That kind of outing deserves a W, but there's a longer term picture at play.

Mostly just glad to have him back. Piece by piece.

Yankees had a scout watching him the other day.

You can’t have enough solid arms... I assume they will make a serious run unless the demand from his camp becomes ridiculous.

Yankees had a scout watching him the other day.

You can’t have enough solid arms... I assume they will make a serious run unless the demand from his camp becomes ridiculous.

$25-30 M is a lot for a guy whose performance has been trending somewhere other than in the right direction. Still, he's left handed and only 31 ...

The link to the Baseball Prospectus site is worth the click, also. :)

That is just awesome. LOL
I used to love Gary Thorne when he was calling the Mets' games, him and Bob Murphy, who was another terrific announcer.

$25-30 M is a lot for a guy whose performance has been trending somewhere other than in the right direction. Still, he's left handed and only 31 ...

Offer him a couple years. Screw this 6 or 7 year deal stuff for pitchers, especially if you're over 30. They ALWAYS get hurt. Nobody stays healthy for 7 years as a starting pitcher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom