2019 Yankees Thread... | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Thread...

And DJ goes yard. An embarrassment of riches. :)

He's my favorite this year, in a team worthy of a lot of favorites.

Best call of the night was grounds crew telling the home plate ump "I'd keep playing, I don't think the heavy stuff is gonna come down for quite a while". Next pitch, Gleyber 3 run HR.

He's my favorite this year, in a team worthy of a lot of favorites.

Best call of the night was grounds crew telling the home plate ump "I'd keep playing, I don't think the heavy stuff is gonna come down for quite a while". Next pitch, Gleyber 3 run HR.

Gunga Galunga !

If they DFA Maybin, we riot !!
Am I crazy to prefer Frazier and Maybin over Stanton and Gardner? I like Stanton at DH, but Encarnacion is better than him there.

What the Hale :mad:

Yeah, not a good outing, but it got us to a 1 out, 7 pitch save by AC. Less than ideal, but we were able to conserve Ottavino and ZB because of the run buffer. WTH, a win is a win, and we're ready for tomorrow. :)

This I believe, is an intelligent decision. Maybin is an experienced and dependable outfielder, as well as a decent hitter and base-runner, on a team with several injury questions not yet completely resolved. Yes I like CF, and appreciate his good performance during the Yanks' time of need. But playoff runs are generally carried on the backs of veterans. This is a good decision. And when it comes close to the end of July, Frazier will fetch a better pitcher than Maybin will.

But I've been wrong before. :)

Last edited:
This I believe, is an intelligent decision. Maybin is an experienced and dependable outfielder, as well as a decent hitter and base-runner, on a team with several injury questions not yet completely resolved. Yes I like CF, and appreciate his good performance during the Yanks' time of need. But playoff runs are generally carried on the backs of veterans. This is a good decision. And when it comes close to the end of July, Frazier will fetch a better pitcher than Maybin will.

But I've been wrong before. :)

It's a good move, he's not going to want to throw Stanton, Judge into the deep end of the pool, playing every day. More rest for everyone. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

12 pitchers really should be enough, but they need to get Green back to his regular role (i.e. get another starter through health or trade). You get an extra arm on any doubleheader make up games.

I'm glad that Green has worked things out. He looks great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom