2019 Yankees Thread... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Thread...

Most innocuous looking season ending play in the history of baseball injuries.
Have to wonder if he was already injured or if he thought he had a strain and didn't say anything. His throws have been slightly erratic right along.

Who would win in a game between the guys on the DL and the guys on the active roster?

Have to wonder if he was already injured or if he thought he had a strain and didn't say anything. His throws have been slightly erratic right along.
Possible. I remember a few years ago Mason Williams hurt himself in a similar fashion. I think he ended up having surgery and being out for the season. That is what first came to my mind when I heard he(Andujar) was placed on the IL from the play he supposedly got injured.

"I'm not a sports med physiotherapist, but I play one on the internet." In my limited experience, injuries like that tend to be progressive, in that they were going to happen sooner or later. The only question is when.

Possible. I remember a few years ago Mason Williams hurt himself in a similar fashion. I think he ended up having surgery and being out for the season. That is what first came to my mind when I heard he(Andujar) was placed on the IL from the play he supposedly got injured.

Ackley too

I think Chase Headley is still avail...

CC Sabathia threw four innings, 49 pitches yesterday. He's getting closer ... could re-join the Yankees after one more Minor League start.

CC Sabathia threw four innings, 49 pitches yesterday. He's getting closer ... could re-join the Yankees after one more Minor League start.
More of a rule question than asking specifically about CC in this situation, but can the Yankees put him on the IL retroactive to the beginning of the season since he hasn’t played or no because he was suspended ?

More of a rule question than asking specifically about CC in this situation, but can the Yankees put him on the IL retroactive to the beginning of the season since he hasn’t played or no because he was suspended ?
No, then he technically wouldn’t have served his suspension.

No, then he technically wouldn’t have served his suspension.
Makes sense and that is what I thought too... I could be wrong but I vaguely remember Robinson Cano being able to serve his suspension for PEDS while being on the DL.

Missed most of the game watching SU take Hobart apart in the 2nd half but seems the Offense has really been zapped with all the injuries. Makes you wonder a bit if the Yanks should have made a pursuit after Machado or Harper but not sure spending 300 Million with Judge and Sanchez and others eventually having to be paid would have been wise. Wonder if we kick the tires on someone like Gattis or another unsigned guy.

Missed most of the game watching SU take Hobart apart in the 2nd half but seems the Offense has really been zapped with all the injuries. Makes you wonder a bit if the Yanks should have made a pursuit after Machado or Harper but not sure spending 300 Million with Judge and Sanchez and others eventually having to be paid would have been wise. Wonder if we kick the tires on someone like Gattis or another unsigned guy.
Not sure what Boone was expecting to get out of that lineup last night. I suppose you can say he needed to rest Sanchez and Tulo and Bird wasn't going to make a difference but Voit's fielding did cost them the tying run. And speaking of Voit, seems like he may be regressing to the mean as a hitter. Boone should consider moving LeMahieu into the lead off spot and bat Gardner near the back end of the lineup. Gardner bating in front of Judge is not working.

Not sure what Boone was expecting to get out of that lineup last night. I suppose you can say he needed to rest Sanchez and Tulo and Bird wasn't going to make a difference but Voit's fielding did cost them the tying run. And speaking of Voit, seems like he may be regressing to the mean as a hitter. Boone should consider moving LeMahieu into the lead off spot and bat Gardner near the back end of the lineup. Gardner bating in front of Judge is not working.

I think 1st base is still an issue that we will probably have to address in FA next year or maybe a trade this year. Agree about Gardner, guy has been a heck of a player but he's clearly in the twilight of his career at this point. I think Hicks could lead off when he gets back but who the hell knows when that will be. Amazing to me that Ellsbury is still out, guys who get Tommy John aren't out this long.

I should know this but how is LeMahieu's speed?

I should know this but how is LeMahieu's speed?
Obviously he's played well, but I liked his signing a lot and so far he looks like a great pickup, and even more important than expected given the injuries.

Boone listened to you. LaMahieu is leading off today. Gardner off. Frazier In left , Tauchman hitting ninth and playing center.

It will be good to have a full team again.

I expect Loasiga to be sent down for a position player after this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom