2020 Coaching Carousel | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Coaching Carousel

This is not a call to get rid of Dino, but shows we'll never be able to compete with some of these schools. SC is paying a 15m buyout and not batting an eye. SU isn't in a position to do that and invest that type of money in the program.

This is not a call to get rid of Dino, but shows we'll never be able to compete with some of these schools. SC is paying a 15m buyout and not batting an eye. SU isn't in a position to do that and invest that type of money in the program.
It’s amazing how state schools that are supported by tax dollars are willing to spend that kind of money. Especially during the down turn in the economy with covid.

It’s amazing how state schools that are supported by tax dollars are willing to spend that kind of money. Especially during the down turn in the economy with covid.
Most of the big state schools have AD department budgets that are separate from the rest of the school budget.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! State tax money is not involved here, SC (along with just about every other state's) law forbids it. Some deep-pocketed alum/group of alums is putting up the $15M. That's one of the reasons it took UVa so long to get rid of Mike London. Athletics has to be funded by donors and the money has to be kept separate not only from the money the state gives to the school but also from the money donors to academics give to the school. The rules about which financial aid office-administered funds that can go to athletes is limited by the states (primarily Pell Grants) and closely watched by the NCAA (as a way to get around scholarship limits).

I agree with what you are saying, but I am also ok with that reality. What a horrible waste of money. 15m to someone who is not coaching your team seems scandalous to me. I often wonder how AD's who make these deals survive these mistakes. No question SU's donor pool will never come close to this, which is unfortunate, but that doesn't stop me from cringing when it happens. All I know is several $EC team have now paid Muschamp to go away, but, I will guess some other school will gladly sign him up.

I agree with what you are saying, but I am also ok with that reality. What a horrible waste of money. 15m to someone who is not coaching your team seems scandalous to me. I often wonder how AD's who make these deals survive these mistakes. No question SU's donor pool will never come close to this, which is unfortunate, but that doesn't stop me from cringing when it happens. All I know is several $EC team have now paid Muschamp to go away, but, I will guess some other school will gladly sign him up.
His time as always being a HC may be over (at least for a while). If he gets a job at another high viz school it would probably be as a coordinator. He was the DC at Auburn between being the HC at Florida and SCAR. He'll probably go back to being a DC at two high viz schools before becoming the HC again, if he ever does.

His time as always being a HC may be over (at least for a while). If he gets a job at another high viz school it would probably be as a coordinator. He was the DC at Auburn between being the HC at Florida and SCAR. He'll probably go back to being a DC at two high viz schools before becoming the HC again, if he ever does.
He could get a G5 job pretty easily, if kansas opens they'd probably take him, another P5 job would be tough for him but he is a good DC, half our fan base would probably take him over dino atm

South Carolina is an interesting state for football - great prep talent yet neither USC nor Clemson pre Dabo was putting out what I would call awesome programs. They would sniff a top ranking every so often but for the most part they were in the massive tier of good. Problem is both fan bases and donors think they should be better.

Coach P sighting on the Florida sidelines tonight. I didn’t realize he was with the Gators. Guy is a lifer

Dang, wanted him to stay with ND then come here next year, looks like lance will get scooped up also. Not a whole lot of sexy names this year but I think it'll end up being a really good class of coaches hired

Who do we think is the next coach to be canned, my moneys on fuente or wells, one of the techs will be getting a new coach. If tech pulls the trigger rumor is the boosters want art briles, wonder is liberty hires him when freeze leaves.

Dang, wanted him to stay with ND then come here next year, looks like lance will get scooped up also. Not a whole lot of s e xy names this year but I think it'll end up being a really good class of coaches hired
Next up Scott Shafer as DC at Vandy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom