2020 PLL Season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2020 PLL Season

The cackle was pretty funny.

Old man observation - I know the speed pads are tiny, but it looks like these guys arent wearing anything out there. In the practice footage, they arent wearing anything. Seems dumb. US Lacrosse is beefing up chest protection standards, and these guys are running around in front of 90 mph shots with no protection.

The cackle was pretty funny.

Old man observation - I know the speed pads are tiny, but it looks like these guys arent wearing anything out there. In the practice footage, they arent wearing anything. Seems dumb. US Lacrosse is beefing up chest protection standards, and these guys are running around in front of 90 mph shots with no protection.

Good observation. I don’t think I have this totally right but the PLL wanted their jerseys to essentially be soccer jerseys so people would wear them like every day clothing. A lot of people wear Manchester United or Real Madrid jerseys and I think they want the same thing. That means sacrificing the fit and making them slimmer so there is no room for padding. A lot of players are wearing less and less padding so it makes some sense but wonder for the players if the tradeoff is worth it.

Gaudet talking like that with only one off ball goal. At least Garnsey/Mariano would actually do something for their team before chirping at everyone in sight. This is just stupid. Not even one remotely funny line and they are still trying to make it go viral? Someone needs to give him the Tyson Bomberry treatment.

Gaudet talking like that with only one off ball goal. At least Garnsey/Mariano would actually do something for their team before chirping at everyone in sight. This is just stupid. Not even one remotely funny line and they are still trying to make it go viral? Someone needs to give him the Tyson Bomberry treatment.
Talking trash is part of game but usually some art to it rather than simple juvenile comments.Yale graduate? Plenty of talkers including defensemen who are communicating . Spar us the moronic , mic'd up another who yaps

Talking trash is part of game but usually some art to it rather than simple juvenile comments.Yale graduate? Plenty of talkers including defensemen who are communicating . Spar us the moronic , mic'd up another who yaps

The pll lives for this sort of stuff and will try and exploit it as much as possible. I think their product is very good and the contrast between watching them and the MLL is pretty remarkable. Still I cant help but feel sometimes they are trying to be too gimmicky. Have serious XFL/WWE vibes. For better or worse this Gaudet thing is pretty much all that is being discussed on lax Twitter right now. Pll is probably happy to have the headlines but wouldn't you want it to be for something with more substance?

Feels like a rough two days for MLL. Has to be pretty embarrassing that you can’t even hold a one week tournament without things falling apart, but has to feel worse that most people have already shrugged it away?

The pll lives for this sort of stuff and will try and exploit it as much as possible. I think their product is very good and the contrast between watching them and the MLL is pretty remarkable. Still I cant help but feel sometimes they are trying to be too gimmicky. Have serious XFL/WWE vibes. For better or worse this Gaudet thing is pretty much all that is being discussed on lax Twitter right now. Pll is probably happy to have the headlines but wouldn't you want it to be for something with more substance?

Feels like a rough two days for MLL. Has to be pretty embarrassing that you can’t even hold a one week tournament without things falling apart, but has to feel worse that most people have already shrugged it away?
D star Neumann is one of the talkers who could have been miked. Wolf ran right by him three times in 1q before he was moved off. That early interaction would have been interesting to listen to. Shame that lax discussion was not on Chrome fogo and other notable performers.

Galloway has looked amazing in these first few games but the stats on all goalies get a boost with the shot clock. The 52 second clock might finally be an example of going too far in the wrong direction. Often teams are doing their first move towards the goal with 25 seconds left because they made a couple extra passes on the clear and wanted to sub out a couple guys. All of these games have been extremely low scoring.

Also Garrett "Burfict" Epple had another vintage moment yesterday. Great defender, but also a totally dirty player who can't seem to stop himself from trying to dole out brain damage.

Last edited:
Galloway has looked amazing in these first few games but the stats on all goalies get a boost with the shot clock. The 52 second clock might finally be an example of going too far in the wrong direction. Often teams are doing their first move towards the goal with 25 seconds left because they made a couple extra passes on the clear and wanted to sub out a couple guys. All of these games have been extremely low scoring.

Also Garrett "Burfict" Epple had another vintage moment yesterday. Great defender, but also a totally dirty player who can't seem to stop himself from trying to dole out brain damage.

One of the reasons i have a tough time watching pro lax. So many cheap shots.

One of the reasons i have a tough time watching pro lax. So many cheap shots.

Agreed. It's been a thing since the MLL started. On the one hand I like that they don't automatically throw the flag on big but clean hits, but there have also been tons of plays after the whistle where the goal really is to hurt the person.

Epple has been scummy like this his whole career. I could find at least 3 or 4 clips of him in college delivering late hits where he leads with the crown of his head. You might remember this little chestnut:

GARRETT EPPLE Crushing Lacrosse Hit

Anyone see John Galloway chew out his teammates last night after their win over the Redwoods? I think he was mad that they let their big lead slip away and let the Redwoods close within one. The competitive fires in this guy have not dimmed over the years.

They don't seem to be updating the standings for group play. Where is the table showing wins and losses ?

They don't seem to be updating the standings for group play. Where is the table showing wins and losses ?

So you have to go to "Stats" under their website. Wacky. How about "Table" or "Standings" so you can see in 5 seconds which team is in the lead ?

For whatever reason, every college in the country finds a way to have lacrosse stats on their website, but the MLL/PLL have never been able to make looking at stats easy or have had to go through an outside group. The standings should be on the front page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom