2020 Preseason ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Preseason ...

58 names on the cuse.com 2020 roster. View attachment 175009

In that second roster picture I counted even less so perhaps not everyone was there or people were doing different stuff. I didn't notice anyone missing that jumped right out at me but I did have trouble locating Aviles #43. Hopefully he was one of the guys where the number was obscured.

In that second roster picture I counted even less so perhaps not everyone was there or people were doing different stuff. I didn't notice anyone missing that jumped right out at me but I did have trouble locating Aviles #43. Hopefully he was one of the guys where the number was obscured.

Probably not worth reading too much into roster pics vs roster size online right now. A million reasons why certain people might not be there and news came out pretty quickly of the others who left before the end of the 1st semester. Also none of our people who randomly know about this kind of thing have chimed in to report other losses. If they made it to the roster page I am not too worried.

Aviles is there, he is in the standing row next to DiPietro and #89 on the right hand side, in one of the photos at least. Guys are definitely moving around from picture to picture - Buttermore is on the right hand side of the bleacher section in one photo and missing from others. Like you I didn't notice anyone else that was missing that would cause me concern. Might lose one or two guys from fall ball but I didn't see any starters or potential starters missing.

Aviles is there, he is in the standing row next to DiPietro and #89 on the right hand side, in one of the photos at least. Guys are definitely moving around from picture to picture - Buttermore is on the right hand side of the bleacher section in one photo and missing from others. Like you I didn't notice anyone else that was missing that would cause me concern. Might lose one or two guys from fall ball but I didn't see any starters or potential starters missing.
Looking at the photos, in the back row, it seems like the Kim brothers (#15 and #18) have some serious size. Did they grow some? They're listed at 6'3" in the roster, but compare them to #25 Spencer Small and #90 Grant Murphy, who are listed at 6'2".

Can we all just agree that the new helmets are fugly?
Well, they're not 1987, but they're really not that different from what we've worn in recent years.
1578491513274.gif

1578491533927.png

Debbie Downer Alert
Optimism reigns but opener arrives in less than thirty days. Lesson learned by many good teams last year is that early games level and greater parity. Colgate can beat us again if not prepared strategically and emotionally. Dont need to get behind that eight ball again.
May be options for d alignments but need to decide soon for coordination. O still has to work out kinks, team with many talents but shouldn't delude a Powell at any number. Should be one of the top teams when in sync together but need to quickly shift air from joyful anticipation to serious focus.

Debbie Downer Alert
Optimism reigns but opener arrives in less than thirty days. Lesson learned by many good teams last year is that early games level and greater parity. Colgate can beat us again if not prepared strategically and emotionally. Dont need to get behind that eight ball again.
May be options for d alignments but need to decide soon for coordination. O still has to work out kinks, team with many talents but shouldn't delude a Powell at any number. Should be one of the top teams when in sync together but need to quickly shift air from joyful anticipation to serious focus.

Good points but there is no way this team should be in a close game to Colgate less lose after last year. Anything short of a convincing win would be a really bad sign

Good points but there is no way this team should be in a close game to Colgate less lose after last year. Anything short of a convincing win would be a really bad sign
Early games concern, some top teams can start out slow as gears not yet fully oiled. Also recall that Cuse's 2015 n 17 squads were 13-3 yet both got by Colgate by mere two in their contests. Great equalizer in sports is prep and emotion. 29 days.

I was looking at the highlights (lowlights?) from the Colgate game last season and a few of the Colgate goals came when Syracuse had offensive middies stuck on defense. I wonder if that was something the coaches didn't get figured out until after the Colgate game.

I was looking at the highlights (lowlights?) from the Colgate game last season and a few of the Colgate goals came when Syracuse had offensive middies stuck on defense. I wonder if that was something the coaches didn't get figured out until after the Colgate game.
not to mention face-offs. Phaup didn't start this game and ended up winning 8 of 13 draws. Clearly the Orange weren't ready for this game which is inexcusable. Props to Colgate though, they punched the Orange in the mouth and the Orange didn't respond well. Also, Trimboli and Lipka were 1-14 shooting, esentially playing catch with the goalie. Looking at this opener, i expect shooting to be better because one of Pat March's hallmarks is shooting and shooting percentage. Finally, Desko mentioned in his presser that all of their games are tough and all matter. I expect the Orange to be ready mentally for this game.

not to mention face-offs. Phaup didn't start this game and ended up winning 8 of 13 draws. Clearly the Orange weren't ready for this game which is inexcusable. Props to Colgate though, they punched the Orange in the mouth and the Orange didn't respond well. Also, Trimboli and Lipka were 1-14 shooting, esentially playing catch with the goalie. Looking at this opener, i expect shooting to be better because one of Pat March's hallmarks is shooting and shooting percentage. Finally, Desko mentioned in his presser that all of their games are tough and all matter. I expect the Orange to be ready mentally for this game.
Trimboli eventually started shooting overhand and his percentage seemed to improve a lot.

Trimboli eventually started shooting overhand and his percentage seemed to improve a lot.
Yep, Ryan Powell went on about this. Trimboli's overhand shot on the run, both righty and lefty, is lethal when he changes levels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom