2020 Schedule Release Wed. January 22, 2020 | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Schedule Release Wed. January 22, 2020

We get over 45,000 for UL if we come in 4-0

It’s absolutely crucial we go 4-0, we cannot drop BC, RU or WMU.

2 new coaches and a WMU team capable of giving fits.
Wmu does lose a lot I believe

Awesome. I will keep an eye open. I know it will be my wife, my 1 year old and myself. Thank you!!!

Little babies are generally OK at games because the background noise will make them fall asleep, but I would really think over whether your son/daughter will be extremely antsy/squirmy the entire time at that toddler age. Only mentioning this out of personal experience.

Little babies are generally OK at games because the background noise will make them fall asleep, but I would really think over whether your son/daughter will be extremely antsy/squirmy the entire time at that toddler age. Only mentioning this out of personal experience.
Good Point. He will be two by then but maybe we will get a sitter. I'm too excited to bring him to his first Cuse game.

Wonder if the Dome isn’t ready, we play somewhere else - this is the game most fans would care the least about and they’d get 2 weeks before the next home game vs Louisville

Or play that game outdoors if needed

He will be two by then but maybe we will get a sitter. I'm too excited to bring him to his first Cuse game.

Believe me, I get it. I would definitely do basketball instead of football for his first game. No weather issues, no tailgating and games are half as long. A college football game is a massive time commitment for a 2 year old.

At minimum, have an exit strategy so your wife and son can leave if need be and you can stay.

Honestly if our coaches fix our issues and we see just mild improvement from the young talent i.e. DeVito and the secondary we have a good shot at being 6-0 going to Clemson.

This schedule honestly opens up a possible Orange Bowl berth with just good coaching and player development.

Believe me, I get it. I would definitely do basketball instead of football for his first game. No weather issues, no tailgating and games are half as long. A college football game is a massive time commitment for a 2 year old.

At minimum, have an exit strategy so your wife and son can leave if need be and you can stay.
Thank you!!

Eskridge might not be back

Also... Ricci is gone.

Good catch about Ricci. From Eskridge' twitter, he sure sounds like he's coming back.
Dee Eskridge‏ @deeeskrisge1 Jan 17

Dee Eskridge Retweeted Chris Vannini
Great asset! Excited to get back to work @CoachHarbaugh

Chris VanniniVerified account @ChrisVannini
Source: Western Michigan is expected to hire Minnesota quality control assistant Greg Harbaugh Jr. as WR coach, a person with knowledge of the situation tells The Athletic. Paperwork not official yet. Harbaugh is a former WMU graduate assistant.

Good news: the 2020 SU schedule features no teams coming off bye idle weeks, well, except BC for obvious reasons (the offseason). Five teams are playing road games the week prior, although one of those is Colgate.

Not that too many were terribly worried about Georgia Tech, but with them playing their second road game in 8 days at the Dome, I like our chances against the Yellow Jackets even more than I originally did.

And of course, other than weeks 1 and 2, we don't play back-to-back road games. Those road-road tilts can be challenging for most programs, including ours. At least for SU, this comes at the very beginning of the season, which conceptually, makes a it more realistic to win both. At least in my eyes.

W1 - @ BC (no game previous week)
W2 - @ Rutgers (vs. Monmouth in Week 1)
W3 - vs. Colgate (at William & Mary, Week 2)
W4 - @ Western Michigan (at Notre Dame, Week 3)
W5 - vs. Louisville (vs. Western Kentucky, Week 4)
Week 6: Idle
W7 - vs. Liberty (vs. Univ. of Louisiana-Monroe, Week 6)
W8 - @ Clemson (vs. NC State, Week 7)
W9 - vs. Georgia Tech (at Pitt, Week 8)
W10 - @ Wake Forest (at NC State, Week 9)
W11 - vs. NC State (vs. BC, Week 10)
W12 - vs. Florida State (vs. BC, Week 11)
W13 - @ Pitt (at Virginia, Week 12)

One other ACC scheduling nugget: Clemson (ACC's version of Bama) gets an off week before playing at ND on Nov. 7. I find that interesting, especially with the Golden Domers hosting Duke the week prior.

Last edited:
Good news: the 2020 SU schedule features no teams coming off bye idle weeks, well, except BC for obvious reasons (the offseason). Five teams are playing road games the week prior, although one of those is Colgate.

Not that too many were terribly worried about Georgia Tech, but with them playing their second road game in 8 days at the Dome, I like our chances against the Yellow Jackets even more than I originally did.

And of course, other than weeks 1 and 2, we don't play back-to-back road games. Those road-road tilts can be challenging for most programs.

W1 - @ BC (no game previous week)
W2 - @ Rutgers (vs. Monmouth in Week 1)
W3 - vs. Colgate (at William & Mary, Week 2)
W4 - @ Western Michigan (at Notre Dame, Week 3)
W5 - vs. Louisville (vs. Western Kentucky, Week 4)
Week 6: Idle
W7 - vs. Liberty (vs. Univ. of Louisiana-Monroe, Week 6)
W8 - @ Clemson (vs. NC State, Week 7)
W9 - vs. Georgia Tech (at Pitt, Week 8)
W10 - @ Wake Forest (at NC State, Week 9)
W11 - vs. NC State (vs. BC, Week 10)
W12 - vs. Florida State (vs. BC, Week 11)
W13 - @ Pitt (at Virginia, Week 12)

One other ACC scheduling nugget: Clemson (ACC's version of Bama) gets an off week before playing at ND on Nov. 6. I find that interesting.
Clemson wanted the bye that week and the ACC is going to fulfill whatever requests they can for their flag bearer right now.
Clemson didn’t want a weekday home game opening week that is part of the reason we didn’t have to play them week 1.

Yeah but we get Florida State on a short week at home. They will have Florida the week after as well.
Huge break. They will get 3 days of real preparation as the 4th day will be a travel day and it’s not like it’s a bus either.

I will take that spot for Florida State. It will be national TV. I bet the school will cancel classes and the students will be sauced up.
They were trying to catch the students before they all leave fro Thanksgiving. Friday night or Saturday, they are all gone...Correct move. Students first even if the support is not there yet.

This only sets me up for 1 game at home. I am guessing Orange Central will be Oct. 3 or 17 but the bye week between kills my seeing 2 games. Unless I stay back east for 2 weeks but that is long depending on work and expensive.

We really enjoy the BC trip. Doesn’t happen often. We’re not happy.

I hear ya, the fri start time is killer. Hopefully things break out better for the Rutty game the following week for you guys.

I hear ya, the fri start time is killer. Hopefully things break out better for the Rutty game the following week for you guys.

As long as it isn’t changed to a Friday.

With it being SU anything is possible.

I doubt a game like that would be moved to Friday after it was already announced. I think that's only been done for season opening games like Colgate before.

With it being SU anything is possible.

If SU has the power to change a road game at Rutgers to a Friday night, I'm not going to complain. I'm going to be very impressed by our influence. And I'm going to laugh at Rutgers (but not until after we win).

Honestly if our coaches fix our issues and we see just mild improvement from the young talent i.e. DeVito and the secondary we have a good shot at being 6-0 going to Clemson.

This schedule honestly opens up a possible Orange Bowl berth with just good coaching and player development.

I'm so scarred by that inexplicable Maryland outcome that I'm never counting on anything again. Ever.

I really do think it was an outlier though.