2020 Schedule Release Wed. January 22, 2020 | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Schedule Release Wed. January 22, 2020

Only two downsides for me (coming from out of town) are the Thursday night home game and the GT game on Halloween. With little kids, there’s no way I’ll be able to use my tickets for that game.

I’ll just have to tweak my schedule to make FSU work but love a good night game.

Yup. But seeing that I work in public education, that’s the first week of school. School ends at 2. Too much to make it up to BC in time for the game.
That sucks for you...I understand school districts look down on Friday sick or personal days before 3 day weekends. With traffic and crappy parking, no way you can make it unless you can get released at Noon.

BC Friday night is FABULOUS!

Totally makes up for my annoyance that I had a West coast call with a supplier at 6pm today and he asked to push it back to 7pm so I can't get some supper and settle in for the game now and have to watch on mute while I talk to him for likely 60+ mins.

I go to Wellfleet every year week before Labor Day since the hordes are gone and its actually quiet so I'll book up something nice and cheap that ends that Friday and go to the game on the way home. Gonna be wonderful as long as a shark doesn't eat me.

Only two downsides for me (coming from out of town) are the Thursday night home game and the GT game on Halloween. With little kids, there’s no way I’ll be able to use my tickets for that game.

I’ll just have to tweak my schedule to make FSU work but love a good night game.

Just saying...maybe your kids would like to dressed up for the game in the Dome. The locals could give you suggestions for a great area to trick or treat in Syracuse after the game. Unless it is a night game that could be an option.

Just saying...maybe your kids would like to dressed up for the game in the Dome. The locals could give you suggestions for a great area to trick or treat in Syracuse after the game. Unless it is a night game that could be an option.

I like the suggestion. Will think about that.

Good news: the 2020 SU schedule features no teams coming off bye idle weeks, well, except BC for obvious reasons (the offseason). Five teams are playing road games the week prior, although one of those is Colgate.

Not that too many were terribly worried about Georgia Tech, but with them playing their second road game in 8 days at the Dome, I like our chances against the Yellow Jackets even more than I originally did.

And of course, other than weeks 1 and 2, we don't play back-to-back road games. Those road-road tilts can be challenging for most programs, including ours. At least for SU, this comes at the very beginning of the season, which conceptually, makes a it more realistic to win both. At least in my eyes.

W1 - @ BC (no game previous week)
W2 - @ Rutgers (vs. Monmouth in Week 1)
W3 - vs. Colgate (at William & Mary, Week 2)
W4 - @ Western Michigan (at Notre Dame, Week 3)
W5 - vs. Louisville (vs. Western Kentucky, Week 4)
Week 6: Idle
W7 - vs. Liberty (vs. Univ. of Louisiana-Monroe, Week 6)
W8 - @ Clemson (vs. NC State, Week 7)
W9 - vs. Georgia Tech (at Pitt, Week 8)
W10 - @ Wake Forest (at NC State, Week 9)
W11 - vs. NC State (vs. BC, Week 10)
W12 - vs. Florida State (vs. BC, Week 11)
W13 - @ Pitt (at Virginia, Week 12)

One other ACC scheduling nugget: Clemson (ACC's version of Bama) gets an off week before playing at ND on Nov. 7. I find that interesting, especially with the Golden Domers hosting Duke the week prior.

Perfect time to play everyone NC St and FSU might have packed it in already those programs are a mess RN. An annoying Pitt loss can't throw a wrench in the season and I like our chances to win that last time we played them that week away it was the highest scoring game of all time with our freaking walk on backup.

Clemson off a bye and cupcake very good. A blowout will focus us to not under perform in our home crossover game like we usually do. If we escape Death Valley with a W GT is a terrifying letdown spot but hopefully they suck one more year. Wake might be throwing in the towel week 10 as well because they've had 2 good seasons by their standards and a 3rd without Newman isn't a guarantee.

Great stuff see you all at BC. PM me for a secret spot to park very close to the stadium where you 99% won't get ticketed/towed.

Good news: the 2020 SU schedule features no teams coming off bye idle weeks, well, except BC for obvious reasons (the offseason). Five teams are playing road games the week prior, although one of those is Colgate.

Not that too many were terribly worried about Georgia Tech, but with them playing their second road game in 8 days at the Dome, I like our chances against the Yellow Jackets even more than I originally did.

And of course, other than weeks 1 and 2, we don't play back-to-back road games. Those road-road tilts can be challenging for most programs, including ours. At least for SU, this comes at the very beginning of the season, which conceptually, makes a it more realistic to win both. At least in my eyes.

W1 - @ BC (no game previous week)
W2 - @ Rutgers (vs. Monmouth in Week 1)
W3 - vs. Colgate (at William & Mary, Week 2)
W4 - @ Western Michigan (at Notre Dame, Week 3)
W5 - vs. Louisville (vs. Western Kentucky, Week 4)
Week 6: Idle
W7 - vs. Liberty (vs. Univ. of Louisiana-Monroe, Week 6)
W8 - @ Clemson (vs. NC State, Week 7)
W9 - vs. Georgia Tech (at Pitt, Week 8)
W10 - @ Wake Forest (at NC State, Week 9)
W11 - vs. NC State (vs. BC, Week 10)
W12 - vs. Florida State (vs. BC, Week 11)
W13 - @ Pitt (at Virginia, Week 12)

One other ACC scheduling nugget: Clemson (ACC's version of Bama) gets an off week before playing at ND on Nov. 7. I find that interesting, especially with the Golden Domers hosting Duke the week prior.

I wish our bye week wasn’t before Liberty. That’s weak. Would rather have had it before Louisville or Clemson.

BC Friday night is FABULOUS!

Totally makes up for my annoyance that I had a West coast call with a supplier at 6pm today and he asked to push it back to 7pm so I can't get some supper and settle in for the game now and have to watch on mute while I talk to him for likely 60+ mins.

I go to Wellfleet every year week before Labor Day since the hordes are gone and its actually quiet so I'll book up something nice and cheap that ends that Friday and go to the game on the way home. Gonna be wonderful as long as a shark doesn't eat me.

Saturday night would be far better.

I wish our bye week wasn’t before Liberty. That’s weak. Would rather have had it before Louisville or Clemson.

true, but can't complain about the schedule overall, it is quite favorable. if we don't shat the bed like last year(ie if our OL is decent, the D doesn't totally suck and the players act like they all care) then we should be 5-1 at worst going into the Clemson game

WMU is the most talented team we will face before Louisville.

true, but can't complain about the schedule overall, it is quite favorable. if we don't shat the bed like last year(ie if our OL is decent, the D doesn't totally suck and the players act like they all care) then we should be 5-1 at worst going into the Clemson game
Ideally bowl eligible headed to Death Valley

Saturday night would be far better.

Meh 12 hours on the couch watching games coming off a win and night on the town sounds good to me for opening Saturday. This year week 1 Saturday games were lame we'll see what the matchups look like. Would like some nice week zero action.

SCHEDULE HAWAII HERM SO WE CAN PLAY WEEK ZERO LIKE WE USED TO AT MEADOWLANDS AND I CAN VISIT MY SU FRIEND IN HAWAII!!!!!!!!!!!

Let’s see. I’d be sailing on a yacht off the coast of France with Jeremy If I had a dollar for every person here who thought we’d start last season 2-0.

Looks pretty complete actually. Very lame of Nevada to only schedule UC Davis and not someone cool week zero. Saturday looks meh but I gotta see the point spreads first and game times.

Labor Day Monday nighter UVA UGA yuck. Wonder what gets moved to Sunday.

overall its good. that's why my first post said sweet (mainly for no clemson week 1).

Looks pretty complete actually. Very lame of Nevada to only schedule UC Davis and not someone cool week zero. Saturday looks meh but I gotta see the point spreads first and game times.

Labor Day Monday nighter UVA UGA yuck. Wonder what gets moved to Sunday.
Oh good.

We get to hear how crappy the ACC is right out the gate

Let’s see. I’d be sailing on a yacht off the coast of France with Jeremy If I had a dollar for every person here who thought we’d start last season 2-0.

yes, hence my qualifier about not shatting the bed. last year was one giant bed shat

Meh 12 hours on the couch watching games coming off a win and night on the town sounds good to me for opening Saturday. This year week 1 Saturday games were lame we'll see what the matchups look like. Would like some nice week zero action.

SCHEDULE HAWAII HERM SO WE CAN PLAY WEEK ZERO LIKE WE USED TO AT MEADOWLANDS AND I CAN VISIT MY SU FRIEND IN HAWAII!!!!!!

i'm thinking of our fans in the dome, not on the couch. :)