2020 Schedule Release Wed. January 22, 2020 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Schedule Release Wed. January 22, 2020

That
NC State MIGHT be possible.
They have 7 home games already for 2021.

If they took Syracuse at home next year they would get 8 home games in 2020 and 6 home games in 2021.
It can’t hurt to atleast propose it.

losing a winnable home game when we are trying to make a bowl next year would be a disaster. I get what you are saying but if this really happened it would be disgusting imo

Im still in the camp that we are not really behind the schedule.. so many people working on this project in so many areas to keep it that quiet.. If they are really close to needing to schedule crazy things then not only do our people in athletics need to know that, the people in the ACC need to know, other colleges need to be involved. they are still selling season tickets as though nothing is changing.

I dont think we will really know until early summer where they are at. and the focus of getting roof on to play games just may mean the other perks dont happen game 1. they could also throw more bodies at things for more hours a day than they can at this outside stuff.

NC State MIGHT be possible.
They have 7 home games already for 2021.

If Wake flips with both teams you have balance. So in 2020 SU is at NC State again but has Wake home again. NC State is at Wake again

If Wake flips with both teams you have balance. So in 2020 SU is at NC State again but has Wake home again. NC State is at Wake again

All of these things are possible, I just don't see a bunch of programs going this far out of their way to accomodate us. Particularly because there are 2 options on the table that are feasible: (a) open at Clemson, (b) bye.

All of these things are possible, I just don't see a bunch of programs going this far out of their way to accomodate us. Particularly because there are 2 options on the table that are feasible: (a) open at Clemson, (b) bye.

exactly, these other schools, conference rivals, aren't going to help us. this is the price we pay for overdue renovations that took forever to get going. either Clemson or a bye, that's what is going to happen.

The consensus seems to be Syracuse at Clemson week 1 on the Clemson board. I could see the game being on a Thursday to open the ACC network.

yeah its a logistical mess, but i dont think its a PR hit at all.. its not really something they control. its unclear how many people have renewed and or paid and how upset would people be if one less game was paid for or refunded. other games have moved around the week before a game and been dealt with. if the schedule really is in doubt then they should be being public with it, to promote the season if they have a hint of not playing the games is a breach of contract isnt it? Its one thing to sell them months ago, but far different to continue now and going forward selling them and its one reason i dont think the delays as of yet are still a huge concern beyond the timelines they expected.
I completely disaagree. The suggestion to move a game at this late date is not a good idea and needs to be avoided at all costs. It would be a PR nightmare. It would require a massive effort to manage. And it goes 100% against John Wildhacks’s repeated assurances that the football and basketball schedules would not be affected by the renovation.

If there is a reasonable chance the facility will not be available on September 18th, the Colgate game needs to be moved and Syracuse either needs to play a road game that weekend or take a bye. That road game almost surely needs to be against an ACC opponent, so if the renovation is going to run late, the SUAD offices had better be in contact with the ACC offices and get the schedule changed so awful options like the one you proposed are not needed.

That is my opinion anyway.

See that requires a lot more work.
I found a scenario where only Holy Cross-Boston College goes from 9-5 t 10-31 and nothing else is affected.

I don’t see Colgate moving multiple games and Western moving multiple games to get that done.
It’s more likely we would just play at Clemson in that scenario.
Colgate buses their kids 45 mins and gets a cool $400K...they have incentive to help out SU

Opening up first 4 on road sucks no way around it not when we gotta get some wins early

The consensus seems to be Syracuse at Clemson week 1 on the Clemson board. I could see the game being on a Thursday to open the ACC network.
Yay! Another season where we get to open with a thrashing!!!

This thing has been in the can for so long, it's not being released - it's being paroled. ;)

rumor on the csn board is that there are 3 conference games the first weekend so someone moved a non conference game to another week and that would mean keeping our scheduled games as scheduled

rumor on the csn board is that there are 3 conference games the first weekend so someone moved a non conference game to another week and that would mean keeping our scheduled games as scheduled
Who is your best guess for the 6th ACC team?

I'd love to open at Pitt vs Clemson

agreed though i think its going to be bc since miami ohio would have to have a conference game to play that week and looking through there opponenets only 1 could be doable