2020 Transfer Thread | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Transfer Thread

Would he be interested in joining mr team 91 Joey Spallina?

I suspect Duke and Hop will be active here and likely Maryland as well. Not sure if we would have interest but he should have plenty of options.

Transfer to Denver...with Ierlan? One would wonder if they have gotten around to watch their games against Duke and UNC. That team is mess from top to bottom. Lol bless them if thats what they choose, though. Still think that they both would be a good fit at 'Cuse but I cant make their minds up for them.

If it’s true then this just feels sad. All these ivy guys who without question did not want to transfer just doing it because they have to if they want to play college lax again. I feel like their level of intensity and motivation will have to suffer not to mention a major drop in how well they are used (although both could improve as the season goes on). Both Morill and Sowers haven’t looked like the holder of second most points in Yale history and most points in Princeton history out of the gate. I imagine it just feels surreal in a bad way and often quite lonely for them. They wish they were just back fighting for a natty with their boys.

Thought Teat could seriously consider Cuse if he were to leave Cornell given proximity, dome, fanbase, team makeup and familiarity. His game would certainly fit in well with Scanlan, Refhuss and our mids.

Thought Cuse for reasons said , JHU given ex coach Millman or PSU given pg Ament departure would be most logical considerations if leaving Big Red.

In my eyes, Denver program is losing legitimacy with so many mercenaries, one thing to refine another to take all. Sad if true

WOW not a good look for Molloy and Ossello. They should stick to meaningless podcast banter and leave the journalism to the pros.

Interesting comments from Coach Marr, worth reading the whole thing.

“For this to be his third school, I don’t know,” Marr said. “To me, it’s not TD’s fault that he has this opportunity. I blame the people who make those decisions. I just think it’s wrong. … To see the amount of transferring that’s going on, and again, the fact that Denver is on a trimester (academic calendar) and they can pull a kid in during the season, that to me, it’s really over the top. I don’t think that should be able to be legal. Once the season starts, I don’t think you should be able to shuffle people in and out of your lineup.”

Interesting comments from Coach Marr, worth reading the whole thing.

“For this to be his third school, I don’t know,” Marr said. “To me, it’s not TD’s fault that he has this opportunity. I blame the people who make those decisions. I just think it’s wrong. … To see the amount of transferring that’s going on, and again, the fact that Denver is on a trimester (academic calendar) and they can pull a kid in during the season, that to me, it’s really over the top. I don’t think that should be able to be legal. Once the season starts, I don’t think you should be able to shuffle people in and out of your lineup.”

He has a great point with the trimester thing

He has a great point with the trimester thing

Yes and I think it was good that he mentioned it's not TD's fault that he had a chance to go to Denver almost mid-season, but I can also see his point that maybe that shouldn't be legal.

I don't have a problem with the transfer portal. I think the student athletes should be allowed to transfer to another school just like any other student. However, I do have a problem with mid-season transfers, trimester or semester. Once the season starts, if a player is not enrolled in that institution then that player cannot play during that season. I agree with Coach Marr on that point, but not on the rest of his complaint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom