2020 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

another stupid Cashman move.
Maybe. The Yankees supposedly wanted to lock him up last year with a deal similar to what Hicks got but Didi turned them down. Then he got hurt and rushed back and was so so. Who knows if the middle of the infield stays Gleyber and LeMahieu but for the moment the Yankees have the $15 million they are saving to throw at Cole which is probably what the real motivation is here.

Maybe. The Yankees supposedly wanted to lock him up last year with a deal similar to what Hicks got but Didi turned them down. Then he got hurt and rushed back and was so so. Who knows if the middle of the infield stays Gleyber and LeMahieu but for the moment the Yankees have the $15 million they are saving to throw at Cole which is probably what the real motivation is here.
The Hicks deal. Don't get me started.

ESPN reporting it now too.

While the contract is absurd, this is exactly how we should be using free agency dollars.

Use the farm and international pool money for the hitters and throw fat stacks of cash at an elite starter every once in a while.

giphy.gif

Curry: I didn’t include Happ as part of rotation because I think Yanks will likely move him.

I dunno man, you can never have too many healthy arms. How many games did Severino throw las season?

Philly offer is 1 year $14 million. Yanks declined to make $17.8 mil qualifying offer.

We're running with DJ at 2nd and Gleyber at SS.

I always liked Didi who did a great job in an impossible role, but it's a business. Gleyber at SS is the future of the franchise. So it goes.

Now let’s go get Lindor.

Who is 26, while Torres is what, 22? C'mon man, you can only have so many stars on one team. Tell me how this would bump through the infield line-up, because I don't see it. You don't take a Torres, who has earned his spot, who will lead this team for 10 years anyway, and treat him like a shock absorber. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Who is 26, while Torres is what, 22? C'mon man, you can only have so many stars on one team. Tell me how this would bump through the infield line-up, because I don't see it. You don't take a Torres, who has earned his spot, who will lead this team for 10 years anyway, and treat him like a shock absorber. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

what? Torres just stays at 2nd. You know, the position he’s been playing. You go get the best team you can. Getting lindor has nothing to do with Torres. It’s not broke with him playing 2nd.

what? Torres just stays at 2nd. You know, the position he’s been playing. You go get the best team you can. Getting lindor has nothing to do with Torres. It’s not broke with him playing 2nd.
Torres played more SS (659 2/3 innings) than 2B (547 1/3 innings) last season. His defensive metrics are better at SS, although it’s not a giant sample size.

9 years is a long term and the back end of the deal won't be pretty. However he likely more than pays for the contract in performance in just the first five years. I'm not a Yankee fan but this is a good signing for a team like the Yankees who can afford it. You will hear alot of crap about the nine years but really, it doesn't matter. It's all about how much value you can provide...

not only is he a stud pitcher, you weaken Houston and any other possible suitor by not allowing him to go to them.

It's all about how much value you can provide...
Yeah, give me:
years 1 - 3: (16.5 WAR) [fangraphs])
years 4 - 6: (7.5 WAR)
years 7 - 9: (0 WAR)

Even with injuries, these numbers are realistic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom