2020 Yankees Season... | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Yankees Season...

There's a reason why they won 40 of their 60 games. They're really good.

They get so much out of that lineup.

No they are not. A team patched together with Elmer's glue and duct tape. 60 game season played into their hands and this ridiculous playoff format benefited them.

Marcus Stroman will take a discount deal to sign with the Yankees. He threw a fit when he was traded to the Mets instead of the Yankees last year. He grew up a diehard yankee fan and is local kid.

Stroman would be an interesting option here, would definitely kick the tires on him.

Stroman would be an interesting option here, would definitely kick the tires on him.

Cole
Severino
Tanaka or Paxton
Stroman
Garcia
German

Lineup
2b DJ
RF Judge
1b Voit
DH Stanton
C Jt Reaulmuto sign him dump Sanchez
3B Gio
SS Gleyber
LF Frazier
CF Hicks

Nobody is beating us.

Yup, really comes down to the lack of SP after Cole, it simply isn't there. Getting Severino back next year along with our suspended friend will help but relying on Tanaka and then a mixed bag of young guys and guys coming off of injury isn't a recipe for a WS visit. Not sure what were looking at payroll wise or $$ available in the off-season but the Yanks really should look to pursue another big arm for the rotation if at all possible.

you said that this year.

This playoff format is a joke. BTW series is not over. If We win tomorrow and go to game 5. We are not losing with Cole on the mound. Believe That !!!!

You can tell the weird evolution of this baseball season has curtailed interest. In years gone by a NYY playoff game thread here would cover several pages and not 1+.

Hard to see Bauer being a fit here. Good pitcher but his personality doesn't scream great fit for the Yankees. Perhaps I'm off base but I think he's much more likely to end up with Boston or the Mets or Anaheim if they have the $$

Hard to see Bauer being a fit here. Good pitcher but his personality doesn't scream great fit for the Yankees. Perhaps I'm off base but I think he's much more likely to end up with Boston or the Mets or Anaheim if they have the $$

I don't want him. He's a Clown. I want Marcus Stroman. New York native and Yankee fan AL East experienced and will take a discount to play for his team.

This playoff format is a joke. BTW series is not over. If We win tomorrow and go to game 5. We are not losing with Cole on the mound. Believe That !!!!
Why? It's the same format they have been using for 25 years now.

Why? It's the same format they have been using for 25 years now.
He is referring to off days I think.
For the DS round there are no off days.
For the LCS and WS they are having off days.

Yankees burned a starting pitcher yesterday and now will have to run Cole on 3 days for game 5 and have to throw Jordan Montgomery in a must win game 4.

No they are not. A team patched together with Elmer's glue and duct tape. 60 game season played into their hands and this ridiculous playoff format benefited them.
1602157171298.png

Series isn't over. I think yankees win game 4 and Cole gets his shot to earn his status. The Rays aren't throwing Drysdale and Koufax out there.

I like Bauer. He is an interesting personality at a time when baseball has few.

What I appreciate most is his use of science and data to redefine himself as a pitcher several times. Ben Lindbergh's book The MVP Machine: How Baseball's New Nonconformists are Using Data to Build Better Players features Bauer's efforts prominently. When he is struggling, one can count on him to work hard in the lab to be better.

What does concern me about signing Bauer in the offseason is the unprecedented increase in his spin rates in 2020. The evidence is circumstantial at this point, but data heads are convinced Bauer is doctoring the ball. If MLB suddenly cracks down on these practices, Bauer's spin rates might return to previous levels.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom