2020 Yankees Season... | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Yankees Season...

I like Bauer. He is an interesting personality at a time when baseball has few.

What I appreciate most is his use of science and data to redefine himself as a pitcher several times. Ben Lindbergh's book The MVP Machine: How Baseball's New Nonconformists are Using Data to Build Better Players features Bauer's efforts prominently. When he is struggling, one can count on him to work hard in the lab to be better.

What does concern me about signing Bauer in the offseason is the unprecedented increase in his spin rates in 2020. The evidence is circumstantial at this point, but data heads are convinced Bauer is doctoring the ball. If MLB suddenly cracks down on these practices, Bauer's spin rates might return to previous levels.

Do You not realize Cole and Bauer hate eachother ? There is no way we sign him even if he wants to come here. I don't want him anyway franchise arm but he a clown.

There are no off days in the LCS this year.

It'a a truer test of overall depth and strength and more closely mimics the flow of the regular season.
you can't just keep running the same guys out there without the two days off out of 5 games. yankees made their bed with their own stupidity in game 2.

Yeah. The human element argument in favor of umps blows.

The human element difference is the performance of the athletes.
I don't even care if they keep umps but why wouldn't they want the call to be correct if it's a 2 strike count or if a guy has is one ball away from a walk. Why call him out if its ball four or vice versa.

I don't even care if they keep umps but why wouldn't they want the call to be correct if it's a 2 strike count or if a guy has is one ball away from a walk. Why call him out if its ball four or vice versa.
Unwritten rules of baseball. YOU THINK BABE RUTH/TED WILLIAMS/SATCHEL PAIGE/ALVARO ESPINOZA HAD THE LUXURY OF KNOWING A STRIKE WAS ALWAYS A STRIKE?

Unwritten rules of baseball. YOU THINK BABE RUTH/TED WILLIAMS/SATCHEL PAIGE/ALVARO ESPINOZA HAD THE LUXURY OF KNOWING A STRIKE WAS ALWAYS A STRIKE?
Ted Williams always knew. Amazing eyesight. Could read the record label spinning at 78 rpms. I'm sure Satchel Paige knew at age 75 with declining eyesight.

That would be among the least of my concerns. There are probably two guys on the Yankees right now who hate each other.

I'll put it like this. This offseason let Gerrit Cole make the call. Go to him and clear it with him. If we choose to pursue Bauer.

That would be among the least of my concerns. There are probably two guys on the Yankees right now who hate each other.

Probably a question too of how much they want to exceed the $210M luxury tax. Already $135M tied up against the number, from Cots Baseball Contracts. And that's just Cole, Stanton, Chapman, Britton, Hicks, Severino, Ottavino. We know DJ has to get paid this offseason. Judge, Paxton, Scary Gary will get pretty big one year numbers.

Is there room for another big starter contract when you have Cole, Paxton, Severino, German, Montgomery, with Deivi and Schmidt waiting in the wings? I'd guess you'll see a less expensive option. They could try to do something cheaper with Tanaka, but it won't be that cheap.

Probably a question too of how much they want to exceed the $210M luxury tax. Already $135M tied up against the number, from Cots Baseball Contracts. And that's just Cole, Stanton, Chapman, Britton, Hicks, Severino, Ottavino. We know DJ has to get paid this offseason. Judge, Paxton, Scary Gary will get pretty big one year numbers.

Is there room for another big starter contract when you have Cole, Paxton, Severino, German, Montgomery, with Deivi and Schmidt waiting in the wings? I'd guess you'll see a less expensive option. They could try to do something cheaper with Tanaka, but it won't be that cheap.
I think Paxton's contract is up though.

You mean you don't think they will pick up their 2021 team option on Ellsbury??? haha

These are good points. DJ is the must sign of the bunch. I think Paxton has a shot to say since they want one decent lefty starter. Happ's situation is weird. He has a vesting option, but had to be pro-rated because of COVID. He was under the minimum, but could imagine him fighting that because it is $17 million on the line.

Don't think Montgomery is considered reliable enough yet as the replacement lefty. I'm not sure about Gary Sanchez, but does he get a big number? His stats are terrible, he doesn't have any leverage.

Ive been ranting about the need for robot refs for years. My brother and dad will text me “robot refs” when the refs blow a call in a game they know I’m watching.

We’re getting closer and closer to being there. The day that referee/umpire mistakes are no longer a factor in who wins a game will be a glorious one.

Once they started replay, it pretty much killed manager/umpire arguments, which was the best part.

If they go robot, and remove replay, they have to at least have some type of physical robot out there for arguments. Preferably something that resembles the basketball players who faced the Harlem Globetrotters on Gilligan's Island.

You mean you don't think they will pick up their 2021 team option on Ellsbury??? haha

These are good points. DJ is the must sign of the bunch. I think Paxton has a shot to say since they want one decent lefty starter. Happ's situation is weird. He has a vesting option, but had to be pro-rated because of COVID. He was under the minimum, but could imagine him fighting that because it is $17 million on the line.

Don't think Montgomery is considered reliable enough yet as the replacement lefty. I'm not sure about Gary Sanchez, but does he get a big number? His stats are terrible, he doesn't have any leverage.
It will be interesting to see if Paxton gets a qualifying offer from the Yankees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom