2020 Yankees Season... | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Yankees Season...

I was hoping we would really tack on with more than one run this inning. With a position player throwing 50 mph but we jumped on some first pitches. I wanted to really embarrass them after last monday night.

Yankees (W): 27-21 [ALE2]
Blue Jays (L): 26-21 [WC1]
Indians (L): 26-22 [WC2]
Mariners (PPD): 22-26 [-4.0]
Tigers (W): 21-26 [-4.5]
Orioles (L): 21-27 [-5.0]

Stanton failed to deliver the knockout punch. He is just not a gamer. True Yankees like Judge and Jeter would have gotten the job done.

Also, shame on Gleyber for allowing Boone to keep him out of the lineup.

Amazed you still missed my point why I've been hard on Stanton. Btw Gleyber wanted to play yesterday.

I think he wanted to send a message to the Jays strength and conditioning staff.

No I wanted to embarrass them. A young team like that wont come back from that which would guarantee us second place and we can try and chase down TB. Also wanted to embarrass them for last monday night and the 10 run inning.

I was hoping we would really tack on with more than one run this inning. With a position player throwing 50 mph but we jumped on some first pitches. I wanted to really embarrass them after last monday night.
Another moronic post. I keep waiting for you to do better, and you keep disappointing me.

No I wanted to embarrass them. A young team like that wont come back from that which would guarantee us second place and we can try and chase down TB. Also wanted to embarrass them for last monday night and the 10 run inning.
The idea is to win games, not embarrass anyone. You don't get extra credit for margin of victory in baseball.

But you said you didn’t care about the regular season. I guess you only care when they win?

You know sports doesn't work that way, right?

I think he wanted to send a message to the Jays strength and conditioning staff.
If you've seen Alejandro Kirk, that might be enough of a message for them already. Dude is pushing 300 lbs

1600285532686.png

These guys are professionals. One game doesn’t usually impact the next. They know how to put bad losses behind them, especially in the regular season. Just last Friday, the Blue Jays lost to the Mets 18-1 and then soundly beat the Mets Saturday and Sunday. Your argument is silly as usual.

You wrong. A player of his stature at that point could have forced his way into the lineup. I wont believe otherwise. But let's move on.

He’s not wrong. Boone said Stanton wanted to play. What’s Stanton supposed to do? Fight his manager? C’mon. Stop your whining.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom