2021-22 Schedule | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Schedule

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

The 2021 debut of the Women's Battle 4 Atlantis field has a total of 12 National Championships, 28 Final Four appearances and 43 conference championships. The line up includes: Buffalo, Connecticut, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, USF and Syracuse. Five of the eight programs, including Syracuse, are still alive in the NCAA Tournament.

The tournament schedule, tickets and reservations are available now at: atlantisbahamas.com/battle4atlantis.

1627520448821.png

Wish I could be there for the 1st 2 games, but flying back right after Orange Central. My 2 individual (in separate locations) floor seats are available for all games. One is first row between the basket and the SU players. Great neighbors in the seats. Kellycuse is my seat neighbor. But a great area. DM me if you want to attend at all. Free...

The Syracuse men's and women's basketball teams are hosting "Orange Tip-off" on Friday, Oct.22 at the Dome.

A ticket claimed in advance is required but admission is free. The Dome will open at 6:00 p.m. and the event is scheduled to begin at 7:00 p.m.

THE EVENT: Orange Tip-Off will feature a night of basketball-themed events, including an intersquad scrimmage from the men's team, skills challenges with both squads, and a chance to see this year's men's and women's teams.

GIVEAWAYS: Autograph cards signed by members of the men's and women's teams, commemorative Dome tins, and team posters will be available to those in attendance.

SYRACUSE BASKETBALL: Hall of Fame member Jim Boeheim is in his 46th season as head coach at his alma mater. The Orange are coming off a NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 appearance and return the starting backcourt of Buddy Boeheim, a senior, and junior Joe Girard. Orange Tip-off also provides a great opportunity to see acting head coach Vonn Read and the nine newcomers on the women's roster.

FAN PARTICIPATION: Select fans will have the opportunity to participate in on-court challenges during the event.

TICKETS: Tickets are available by following the links: Students and Public

Read said no complaints about Hillsman were brought to him during his time on staff. Other complaints he directed to Hillsman.

Read said he took part in the independent review conducted of the program after The Athletic initially reported on the complaints about Hillsman, which included bullying and harassment. Wouldn’t discuss specifics.

Other than saying he hasn’t had any talks of becoming permanent head coach, that’s about it for relevant info. Read preached trust in the program and a simple recruiting approach. But that certainly ran in the face of his (lack of) comments re Hillsman and his role in reporting.

Last edited:

Read said no complaints about Hillsman were brought to him during his time on staff. Other complaints he directed to Hillsman.

Read said he took part in the independent review conducted of the program after The Athletic initially reported on the complaints about Hillsman, which included bullying and harassment. Wouldn’t discuss specifics.

Other than saying he hasn’t had any talks of becoming permanent head coach, that’s about it for relevant info. Read preached trust in the program and a simple recruiting approach. But that certainly ran in the face of his (lack of) comments re Hillsman and his role in reporting.
I found the article in the Syracuse newspaper a little more jaded in his responses about Hillsman and while I say he deserves the right to do his own thing, his responses did not exactly give me any confidence about how much he did or did not know. What I do agree with is move forward and lets not keep talking about this. Best things for the players on this team is to focus on the season in front of us.

Why would you bring a compliant about Hillsman to his WINGMAN...so yeah he's right about nobody came to him.

I found the article in the Syracuse newspaper a little more jaded in his responses about Hillsman and while I say he deserves the right to do his own thing, his responses did not exactly give me any confidence about how much he did or did not know. What I do agree with is move forward and lets not keep talking about this. Best things for the players on this team is to focus on the season in front of us.
The Daily Orange article is much more favorable to Read and how he came out of all of this. Let's see if he can work some magic with these girls

The Daily Orange article is much more favorable to Read and how he came out of all of this. Let's see if he can work some magic with these girls

I’m wishing him the best, but -

They have no chance.

This team has literally no size whatsoever.
Will get demolished inside by any team who has bigger players.

Wildhack mailed this one in as not important enough to care about. I find it pretty hard to believe that he was not aware of what was going on and if he was clueless then that speaks to his ability to lead the athletic dept. Keeping Read after all of the allegations came out was another way to turn a blind eye. I love women's basketball and will be at the games this year. I find it sad that the players that are left, the supporters and donors to the program have more skin in the game than the athletic dept.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marz44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom