2021 Coaching Carousel | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Coaching Carousel

His coaching career goes far beyond that.
The point is he’s never been a FT head coach before and he was reintroduced into college 4 years ago, yet he is about to take over a top 5 position.

The more and more you see all the assistant coaches being fired mid season there's something to be said for some reasonable job security. If the pay at Syracuse is competitive the job security here is reasonable. Guys might not be so quick to leave.

Brian Kelly > USC
Lincoln Riley > LSU
Matt Rhule > PSU
Franklin > NFL
There's a significant portion of the ND fanbase that didn't want want Kelly hired in the first place. The names they called him their hard-core fan board would have earned you "several weeks of vacation" if you did it on other boards. There were numerous posts during their run to the championship game vs. FSU along the lines of "After we fire Kelly, who can we get?". They're undefeated and talking about firing the coach? Must be nice to be in that position. I guess.

Would be unbelievably interesting times on their board to see him go to ND's biggest rival.

There's a significant portion of the ND fanbase that didn't want want Kelly hired in the first place. The names they called him their hard-core fan board would have earned you "several weeks of vacation" if you did it on other boards. There were numerous posts during their run to the championship game vs. FSU along the lines of "After we fire Kelly, who can we get?". They're undefeated and talking about firing the coach? Must be nice to be in that position. I guess.
Nobody ever accused ND of being humble.

I think it makes sense for Kelly - access to the talent above ND, easier schedule/path.

Ehh, hes been top 40 in recruiting almost every year he's been there except for his first where much of the class isn't his. Only has taken one two star recruit since being there, he comes off as a phony like hafley IMO.
According to 24/7 sports the current 2021 MN Gophers roster:
1 star = 2 players
2 star = 5 players
3 star = 76 players
4 star = 9 players
5 star = 0 players
N/A stars = 28 players (I assume walk-ons)

LSU wants Jimbo Fisher and if they can’t get him the rumor is they may go after the Michigan St coach.

It is being reported on local news here that MSU and their bigger money donors are throwing a lot of $$$ at Mel Tucker to keep him in East Lansing. Not yet known if it will be successful.

It is being reported on local news here that MSU and their bigger money donors are throwing a lot of $$$ at Mel Tucker to keep him in East Lansing. Not yet known if it will be successful.
They're probably still suffering PTSD-Saban.

I never thought I would say this, in the age of NIL and the immediate transfer eligibility, I actually think hiring Deion Sanders makes sense.

There is no HS or college player in the country that wouldn’t pick up the phone if he called. If he can even be a below average coach, the player talent and attention he would bring to a school would be significant.

A576AAA7-E5CB-49CF-BDF5-12F957BB60A5.jpeg

I never thought I would say this, in the age of NIL and the immediate transfer eligibility, I actually think hiring Deion Sanders makes sense.

There is no HS or college player in the country that wouldn’t pick up the phone if he called. If he can even be a below average coach, the player talent and attention he would bring to a school would be significant.

There’s far more to recruiting than bringing in a guy that recruits will talk to on the phone. We thought bringing in an offensive guru would land us offensive talent, we can’t even get WR’s to play in a system that’s supposed to put up huge numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom