2021 Fall Ball | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Fall Ball

Hmm, I wonder why its been crickets all day...? No social media posts, no pictures or videos, no write-ups??? Very weird. Would also like to know the results and most importantly-- how they fared against Yale. Media people that were in attendance, where are youuuu?

ohf7hs54rmf51.gif

Hmm, I wonder why its been crickets all day...? No social media posts, no pictures or videos, no write-ups??? Very weird. Would also like to know the results and most importantly-- how they fared against Yale. Media people that were in attendance, where are youuuu?

View attachment 209444
What’s especially weird is that OSU doesn’t acknowledge that they played Yale in any of the socia media stuff. Nothing from Yale either. Then some guy on fanlax is saying that yesterday Yale pulled out of some stony brook scrimmage due to covid concerns in the program. Very odd but if Petro says it happens it must have happened. Glad they played an actual contender like Yale. This is definitely not the year to get too excited about beating up osu.

What’s especially weird is that OSU doesn’t acknowledge that they played Yale in any of the socia media stuff. Nothing from Yale either. Then some guy on fanlax is saying that yesterday Yale pulled out of some stony brook scrimmage due to covid concerns in the program. Very odd but if Petro says it happens it must have happened. Glad they played an actual contender like Yale. This is definitely not the year to get too excited about beating up osu.
I did see that over on fanlax as well and figured that was why Yale decided to come upstate and play us; since we were already playing OSU. The pre season scrimmages against Yale need to continue though. I'm not really sure why they didn't schedule to play them initially like we have in past seasons with Desko. They're going to learn a lot more about what needs to be improved playing against a team like Yale rather than OSU (no offense to OSU) it's just the facts.

I think OSU might be better than you guys are giving them credit for. I’ve been down on them to start the year as well, but they should still be top 25. Jason Knox, the Fogo from Hobart and Johnson the goal tender should be big transfers. I think a good result against them is a good sign.

Disappointing there hasn’t been media coverage. The indoor practice facility is great for the team but tough on fans looking for info.

I’m intrigued how they did against Yale given that was the first time for the Bulldogs to go against a different team in a year and a half. I’m sure Yale will be very good by the time the regular season rolls around but I’d hope that Syracuse did well against them given that they’ve had much more playing experience recently. I thought they were due to scrimmage Yale in the spring so wondering if they will only have one spring scrimmage?

"...some other squads..."

Is there some reason they can't even name them? I (kinda) get not saying who won, but this secrecy seems rather weird.

Hoops teams have "secret scrimmages" all the time. ;)

I’m surprised no one is freaking out about the photographic proof that Tucker Dordevic is playing attack.
ya, looking like it's dordevic @ attack for now. that's 2 or 3 who've spent a lot of time @ mid now running there.

ya, looking like it's dordevic @ attack for now. that's 2 or 3 who've spent a lot of time @ mid now running there.
With Seebold it always seemed inevitable that he would play attack. Never looked comfortable as a middie unless we inverted him. He looked perfect for the role at the end of last year. With Dordevic we did invert him a ton last year and I think he will do well there, but this it is going to be a major mental shift for him after 3 seasons at middie, no matter how many inverts he did. I think it is the right move but I wonder who the third middie will be behind Curry and Quinn.

I’m surprised no one is freaking out about the photographic proof that Tucker Dordevic is playing attack.

Word trickled out during the Alumni scrimmage that he took some runs there, so I don't think we are super surprised to see the evidence. Personally, I am excited about the development - if Dordevic can be as good of an attackman as he was midfielder that really solidifies that position and gives the unit a dynamic dodging presence, which has been lacking the last few years, outside of Rhefuss. I feel like the combination of Dordevic and Seebold might be the best dodging combo the attack has had in some time. Hiltz is a great finisher but has also shown the ability to get by his defender as well.

Of course as Jeremy would say, you're missing out on his ability from the midfield now. With Buttermore presumably out for the fall, I'm very curious to hear who has taken that third spot. There isn't really an obvious candidate.

dordevic likely playing the point will help cuse fast breaks 1-3× per game. he'll in all likelihood take some runs up top on beefier defenders who aren't used to playing in space.
they should have 3 guys there that can pile up points. questions about who can draw and feed precisely, but am sure they'll be working at it.
virginia has been bumping guys around between positions for a while and had good success.
a lefty at the midfield might have an inside track for the 1sts all other things equal.

With Seebold it always seemed inevitable that he would play attack. Never looked comfortable as a middie unless we inverted him. He looked perfect for the role at the end of last year. With Dordevic we did invert him a ton last year and I think he will do well there, but this it is going to be a major mental shift for him after 3 seasons at middie, no matter how many inverts he did. I think it is the right move but I wonder who the third middie will be behind Curry and Quinn.

I suspect this may go like it did with Mariano where he moves around as needed. I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone makes a play for PT at attack this spring and Dordevic moves back to midfield, I just can't see this being a permanent move for him.

I suspect this may go like it did with Mariano where he moves around as needed. I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone makes a play for PT at attack this spring and Dordevic moves back to midfield, I just can't see this being a permanent move for him.
Why? Things didn’t work out last year. Why go back to what didn’t work?

Is there any word on what Griffin Cook's role has been this fall? Is he at attack or midfield? Last year he took a couple runs on faceoff wings and subsequently SSDM shifts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom