2021 Fall Ball | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Fall Ball

The Syracuse men are really in the infancy of their fall sessions.

The men begin their 20-hours a week practices Monday. Because players are still trying out as walk-ons, the official roster has not been finalized, so several players (including all the freshman) do not appear yet on a team roster. SU players used words like “excited” and “focused” to describe what these early practice sessions have been like.

The Orange is auditioning goalies after the graduation of Drake Porter.

Harrison Thompson (orange) and Shahe Katchadurian (white) started Saturday’s intrasquad game.

The Orange, for all its defensive troubles last season, were comparatively better on the offensive end. SU returns Owen Hiltz, Tucker Dordevic, Owen Seebold and captain Brendan Curry on that side of the ball.

Dordevic and Seebold each had multiple goals in Saturday’s scrimmage. Dordevic had the sweetest goal of the afternoon, a behind-the-back finish on the left crease.

The Gary Gait influence?

“I know when he spoke to us the first or second day in practice, he said if it works in practice and it goes, then you can try it in a game. So I just tried it and it worked,” Dordevic said. “But yeah, he lets us play pretty free, which is really enjoyable.”

Went in the dome right at 3 patting myself on the back for being on time and there was like 5 mins left in the 2nd quarter so that was a drag. Little to no advertising and no music or commentary is one thing, but at least you think they would start when they told the general public they would start.

Aside from that it was fun to see the squad again. Hiltz is just a joy to watch in person. The skip passes he pulls off seem truly impossible from the stands. On TV you have the nice view of the situation but from my spot in the bleachers I had no idea who he was passing to until the ball was right in the guys stick on multiple occasions. Also when he wants to he can be that dodging QB that we need to replace rehfuss’ impact.

There was a good deal of sloppy turnovers and messy plays as you might expect. Made it a little slow to watch at times. For new guys I remember #12 and #42 both being noticeably speedy, especially #12 who was mostly playing ssdm. Just guessing but I believe 12 was Carter Rice and 42 was Matteo Corsi, but I could be wrong. #17 looked good as an LSM. Maybe Tommy drago? Couldn’t tell what number caccamo was or if he was playing. Not sure who #45 is but he had a couple nice goals. Guys were saying something like “yeah Tom” or “Dom” or a name like that after he scored. Not sure who that would be. Max Rosa looked great as did Sam Olexo who looks more natural with a long pole in his hand.

Dordevic played mostly attack, but that may not be worth reading into. Curry did as well. I could go on but in the end hard to make any sort of big judgement on anyone. Petro was very active on the sideline and it was surreal to see him in orange. Gait and March were more relaxed. Simmons was also present on the sideline which was nice to see.

Went in the dome right at 3 patting myself on the back for being on time and there was like 5 mins left in the 2nd quarter so that was a drag. Little to no advertising and no music or commentary is one thing, but at least you think they would start when they told the general public they would start.

Aside from that it was fun to see the squad again. Hiltz is just a joy to watch in person. The skip passes he pulls off seem truly impossible from the stands. On TV you have the nice view of the situation but from my spot in the bleachers I had no idea who he was passing to until the ball was right in the guys stick on multiple occasions. Also when he wants to he can be that dodging QB that we need to replace rehfuss’ impact.

There was a good deal of sloppy turnovers and messy plays as you might expect. Made it a little slow to watch at times. For new guys I remember #12 and #42 both being noticeably speedy, especially #12 who was mostly playing ssdm. Just guessing but I believe 12 was Carter Rice and 42 was Matteo Corsi, but I could be wrong. #17 looked good as an LSM. Maybe Tommy drago? Couldn’t tell what number caccamo was or if he was playing. Not sure who #45 is but he had a couple nice goals. Guys were saying something like “yeah Tom” or “Dom” or a name like that after he scored. Not sure who that would be. Max Rosa looked great as did Sam Olexo who looks more natural with a long pole in his hand.

Dordevic played mostly attack, but that may not be worth reading into. Curry did as well. I could go on but in the end hard to make any sort of big judgement on anyone. Petro was very active on the sideline and it was surreal to see him in orange. Gait and March were more relaxed. Simmons was also present on the sideline which was nice to see.
Good stuff bro

Thank you good doctah! Any insight into how the faceoffs went? How did Phaup look and did you get a sense of who the wings were? Appreciate the analysis!

Thank you good doctah! Any insight into how the faceoffs went? How did Phaup look and did you get a sense of who the wings were? Appreciate the analysis!
Honesty that was one area where I did not focus too closely, partially because I only knew Phaup and savage by number and did not recognize the other three. Phaup won a few cleanly when he was in there but ultimately did not play much. Savage had a couple nice clean wins against the other three non Phaup guys but they also got some victories on him as well. #17, who I would bet is Drago, had a couple nice gbs off the wing. I am sure we will see a lot of him there. Good speed and stick skills. I don’t think Landon Clary played

Lot of the usual suspects got in with a short stick on the wing. Aviles Dami and Rosa all got a lot of reps. Rosa is a great athlete. I don’t remember if number #12 (maybe carter rice?) played on the wings but he had quite a few fantastic hustle plays and carries with the ball on clears. May be tough to keep him off the wing. He is crazy fast and looks comfortable handling the ball.

Pretty sure 45 is Blake Bourges

Honesty that was one area where I did not focus too closely, partially because I only knew Phaup and savage by number and did not recognize the other three. Phaup won a few cleanly when he was in there but ultimately did not play much. Savage had a couple nice clean wins against the other three non Phaup guys but they also got some victories on him as well. #17, who I would bet is Drago, had a couple nice gbs off the wing. I am sure we will see a lot of him there. Good speed and stick skills. I don’t think Landon Clary played

Lot of the usual suspects got in with a short stick on the wing. Aviles Dami and Rosa all got a lot of reps. Rosa is a great athlete. I don’t remember if number #12 (maybe carter rice?) played on the wings but he had quite a few fantastic hustle plays and carries with the ball on clears. May be tough to keep him off the wing. He is crazy fast and looks comfortable handling the ball.
And dead on with 17 being Drago.. saw it on his page

Wonder what happened to Liam Ferris.. looks like his foot was in a cast

I’m just trying to guess off pics.. you would know better than I ,you were the lucky one there!!

Is there a picture gallery that you’re referencing? I’ve seen a few pics here and there but seems you’ve got access to more?

Is there a picture gallery that you’re referencing? I’ve seen a few pics here and there but seems you’ve got access to more?
IMG_1957.jpeg

Also some good pics on FB , “College lacrosse discussion page”…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom