2021 MLB Season | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

I do too but that was the least comfortable five hit no hitter I've ever seen. If they were up 2 I think he goes back.1-0 made it the right call in real time for me anyway.
Anderson was tough because he didn't look comfortable all night.
That's how a lot of his starts are. Usually with a higher pitch count. No doubt if they had a larger cushion that hopefully he would have continued but bottom line is that the Braves have won 7 of 8 of his post season starts and his era thru 8 starts is among the best all time. He and the Braves got the win but it's amazing they have bullpen games the next two nights. Fortunately they have a deep bullpen so hopefully they can go up 3-1.

That's how a lot of his starts are. Usually with a higher pitch count. No doubt if they had a larger cushion that hopefully he would have continued but bottom line is that the Braves have won 7 of 8 of his post season starts and his era thru 8 starts is among the best all time. He and the Braves got the win but it's amazing they have bullpen games the next two nights. Fortunately they have a deep bullpen so hopefully they can go up 3-1.
Best Stat I saw: Anderson has more WS wins than hits allowed.

Good discussion here. With the next 2 games being bullpen games, it's definitely a consideration to try to squeeze as much as you can out of Anderson. I think the Braves only getting 1 run out of the bases loaded deal in the 3rd definitely hurt his chances to go any deeper in the game.

Unfortunate for him because as you mention, he does tend to throw a lot of pitches and this was one game that his pitch count was relatively under control to get another inning or two. But the Braves bullpen has been lights out for the most part and you never know about facing some of those hitters another time through. Quite a switch from the 90s for longtime Braves fans like myself who had the great starters but a shaky bullpen. I just hope the Braves can get 1 out of the 2 next bullpen games.

Would Don Larson have been pulled today?

If you look at the recaps he started Game 2 and walked 4 batters in 1.2 innings and was pulled. But nowadays the managers are under so much pressure to use analytics so unless Casey would let him pitch until he gave up a base runner then he might have pulled him. Back then it wasn't even a question.

Pitching is a team sport these days. it's why W-L records have lost their meaning. it's a relic form the 19th century when starting pitchers completed games, (and used strategy to do so). Now every game is really a bullpen game. Pitchers should be evaluated just based on basic things like WHIP, ERA, etc. That and probably the number of innings they pitched for the team.
MLB is trying to put a stop to it.
Talking about limiting number of pitchers a team can carry and changing rules on sending down players and just bringing up fresh arms.

I'm an AL fan, and I want to like Altuve and Bregman, but it's still too soon. I hope this series rips Houston's hearts out.

During the ALCS I watched Framber Valdez completely stifle the Red Sox and it left me baffled. Just didn't seem like his stuff was that unhittable. Looks like the Braves find Valdez more to their liking.

Good discussion here. With the next 2 games being bullpen games, it's definitely a consideration to try to squeeze as much as you can out of Anderson. I think the Braves only getting 1 run out of the bases loaded deal in the 3rd definitely hurt his chances to go any deeper in the game.

Unfortunate for him because as you mention, he does tend to throw a lot of pitches and this was one game that his pitch count was relatively under control to get another inning or two. But the Braves bullpen has been lights out for the most part and you never know about facing some of those hitters another time through. Quite a switch from the 90s for longtime Braves fans like myself who had the great starters but a shaky bullpen. I just hope the Braves can get 1 out of the 2 next bullpen games.
Congrats on the win!

Great conclusion to a memorable baseball season.
Congrats MSO! Must have been a great feeling knowing the whole country was rooting for your team. A remarkable second half run!

Thanks! What a night. I was a huge fan in 1995 when the Braves won it all. But I was 19 and stupid and naive and didn't appreciate this wasn't something that happened every season back then. Now I appreciate it even more!

Another ship comes in. (I define it as a franchise that hasn't won in at least 20 years such that a generation has grown up without one). It's been quite a century:

2002 Angels after 41 years
2004 Red Sox after 86 years
2005 White Sox after 88 years, (why isn't that more celebrated?)
2006 Cardinals after 24 years
2008 Phillies after 28 years
2010 Giants after 56 years
2015 Royals after 30 years
2016 Cubs after 108 years
2017 Astros after 55 years
2019 Nationals after 50 years, (franchise) and 95 years, (city)
2020 Dodgers after 32 years
2021 Braves after 26 years

That's more than half the 21st century championships.

Here are the teams that haven't won the World Series in this century, in order of how long they've been waiting. The teams that have never won are in italics.

Cleveland Indians, (now to be the Guardians) 1948
Washington Senators/Texas Rangers 1961
Seattle Pilots/Milwaukee Brewers 1969
San Diego Padres 1969
Seattle Mariners 1977

Pittsburgh Pirates 1979
Baltimore Orioles 1983
Detroit Tigers 1984
New York Mets 1986
Oakland Athletics 1989
Cincinnati Reds 1990
Minnesota Twins 1991
Colorado Rockies 1993
Toronto Blue Jays 1993
Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays 1998

1635983884130.png

That's some karma right there. Denied the opportunity to host the All-Star game instead they host eight postseason games and win the championship against huge odds. Pretty good trade-off.
ASG make a lot of money for cities, Im pretty sure the city and franchise are ok with the trade off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom