2021 MLB Season | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

Well...let’s hope this means the bats are locked in now and this continues. Turner finally hitting, Pollock is out of his funk. Pujols had great at bats.

Never mind the platoon stuff. Stick with these bats. Stick with Cody in CF.
I'm nervous now. Fried was due to be human I guess, but I was hoping the Braves were in good shape after the 2-0 lead. Beating Walker or Max won't be easy, even in Atlanta.

I'm nervous now. Fried was due to be human I guess, but I was hoping the Braves were in good shape after the 2-0 lead. Beating Walker or Max won't be easy, even in Atlanta.
Yeah, for being down 3-2 I like our chances as much as you can in that situation.

Feel good that it’s a fully rested Max and Buehler with no stupid recent bullpen appearances. With hopefully a normal defense behind them. We’ve got a shot. No excuses. Both teams have lots of key players on the IL, the Braves guys just went there earlier.

*Wish 106 W’s could get you home field though! Lol.

Between Games 2 and 3 I did put in a bet on Dodgers +165 to win the series. Keep my ticket alive another night there Blue!

FB77666B-12E8-4E3A-BBF4-D793A93901B5.jpeg

Lets go

And Alex Cora strikes again. Tying runs on base and he has a runner thrown out stealing for the 3rd out with a guy at the plate that you didn't really use during the regular season. Just..amazing.

Sox bats went to sleep. They made Valdez and Garcia look like Koufax and Gibson.

And Alex Cora strikes again. Tying runs on base and he has a runner thrown out stealing for the 3rd out with a guy at the plate that you didn't really use during the regular season. Just..amazing.
Nothing wrong with sending Verdugo in that situation, Verdugo messed the play up by not having his full lead when pitch was thrown. Maldonado also made a perfect throw.Had they hit into double play people would be questioning why he didn’t send the runner.

Nothing wrong with sending Verdugo in that situation, Verdugo messed the play up by not having his full lead when pitch was thrown. Maldonado also made a perfect throw.Had they hit into double play people would be questioning why he didn’t send the runner.
No They wouldn't. Maldonado plays because of his throwing arm. And Verdugo hasn't stolen bases all year. The Sox had the tying runs on base. It was a foolish risk. the Sox haven't run all year and you do it in this situation?

Everything changed after E Rod mocked the my time celebration

No They wouldn't. Maldonado plays because of his throwing arm. And Verdugo hasn't stolen bases all year. The Sox had the tying runs on base. It was a foolish risk. the Sox haven't run all year and you do it in this situation?
Ok if you say so, but Verdugo screwed the play up.
Watch the replay and you will see he would of been safe if he wasn’t messing around before the pitch.

Ok if you say so, but Verdugo screwed the play up.
Watch the replay and you will see he would of been safe if he wasn’t messing around before the pitch.
He stole 6 bases all season. He was caught twice. tying runs already on base. I love aggressive baseball. It just wasn't the time for it. And not with that base runner.

He stole 6 bases all season. He was caught twice. tying runs already on base. I love aggressive baseball. It just wasn't the time for it. And not with that base runner.
Sounds like there’s a need for designated base runners.

Scherzer: I can't pitch today, my arm hurts. But I can probably pitch tomorrow.
Is he kidding? Today is an elimination game. If you can pitch tomorrow, you can pitch today. It ain't gonna feel that different.

Is he kidding? Today is an elimination game. If you can pitch tomorrow, you can pitch today. It ain't gonna feel that different.
Hmm...I disagree. That extra day can make a world of difference.

With the guy’s resume and postseason history, I’ll trust him here.

Hmm...I disagree. That extra day can make a world of difference.

With the guy’s resume and postseason history, I’ll trust him here.
Hopefully this makes it easier for Clifton Park's Ian Andetson to wrap things up for ATL
and send Scherzer and team home.

What's your love for LA teams?
Ha. Coincidence really. Dodgers were my family’s favorite team going back to their Brooklyn days, and they stuck with them when they moved to LA, so I was kindve born into that. And my first real sports memory of rooting for a team was the 88 World Series, so I’m sure that helped.

Lakers - as an impressionable youngster, Magic was at his peak and was extremely likable to me.

I didn’t know what an LA even was, so the city had nothing to do with it. I’ve stuck with all of my teams that I first liked as a 6 year old.

I despise Houston (found the city to be a bland, lifeless dump when I was there for the FF in '16) and their sports teams (cheating, douchebaggery, etc.), but Travis Tritt sang the national anthem in Atlanta before Game 6 of the NLCS, so...go Astros.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom