2021 NFL Draft General thread | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Draft General thread

Chris Simms just mocked Fields to the Bucs at 32.

the hitch in his throwing motion has him scared.

and too big of a step when throwing.

My Giants. I want WR either Smith or Waddle. Nobody would stop that offense.

Come on SF, take fatty at 3. Make my day. Roll Phins. Take Chase or Pitts.

Chris Simms just mocked Fields to the Bucs at 32.

the hitch in his throwing motion has him scared.

and too big of a step when throwing.
Fields O/U is 7.5 and skewed to the under. I'd be shocked if he lasted longer than the 10-12 range.

Lol, Tony Pauline is reporting that the 49ers original plan was to sign Andy Dalton or Joe Flacco, trade Jimmy, and then draft Trey Lance to sit behind whichever QB they signed. But because they struck out on those two guys, they now feel like they have to take the more "pro-ready" Mac Jones. Imagine feeling the urgency to get a pro-ready QB when your original plan was to start Joe Flacco.

as long as they can block.

That is complete bunk. Jones is mobile QB one of the best outside of Lamar Jackson type QB. Saquon, Engram, Golladay, Shepard, Slayton and add Waddle or Smith. BTW, our offense line was better last year than in years past Andrew Thomas improved after a tough start to the season.

Lol, Tony Pauline is reporting that the 49ers original plan was to sign Andy Dalton or Joe Flacco, trade Jimmy, and then draft Trey Lance to sit behind whichever QB they signed. But because they struck out on those two guys, they now feel like they have to take the more "pro-ready" Mac Jones. Imagine feeling the urgency to get a pro-ready QB when your original plan was to start Joe Flacco
Hahahaha

That is complete bunk. Jones is mobile QB one of the best outside of Lamar Jackson type QB. Saquon, Engram, Golladay, Shepard, Slayton and add Waddle or Smith. BTW, our offense line was better last year than in years past Andrew Thomas improved after a tough start to the season.
Yeah man, you gotta be able to block to have an unstoppable offense.

My Giants. I want WR either Smith or Waddle. Nobody would stop that offense.
Daniel Jones and Jason Garrett will.

Talking about the Wonderlick, reminds me of when the Raptors drafted Andrea Bargnani #1 overall in large part because of the Caliper test. Bryan Colangelo openly gloated after the pick that the Caliper test staff had never seen anything like it -- how could anyone be so oblivious to his surroundings and the situation they claimed?

Ultimately his don't give a crap meter was high... but it was not a good thing.

Jaguars - Lawrence
Jets - Wilson
49ers - Lance or Jones
Falcons - Pitts
Bengals - Chase
Dolphins - Waddle or Smith

Good ol' Teddy Two Gloves. 4 teams in 5 years. May end up battling Fitzy down the road for most teams played for. Can do a lot better but can also do a lot worse then him just throwing check downs and not turning it over.

Jaguars - Lawrence
Jets - Wilson
49ers - Lance or Jones
Falcons - Pitts
Bengals - Chase
Dolphins - Waddle or Smith
I know chase is good, but after my franchise qb just had major knee surgery, Id be insane to pass on Sewell.

I know chase is good, but after my franchise qb just had major knee surgery, Id be insane to pass on Sewell.
if the Bengals go the route of no OL, i have 8 years worth of posts on Jerry Reese and how he protected Eli i can send to any bengal fan.

im sure it will be just plug and post...and Eli never had ANY injury.

It's a good OL class I think they snag another two guys in the middle rounds.

I originally thought they should've taken Sewell and a OL in round 2, but scouts have been saying Chase has a higher ceiling as a prospect than Sewell.

It's a good OL class I think they snag another two guys in the middle rounds.

I originally thought they should've taken Sewell and a OL in round 2, but scouts have been saying Chase has a higher ceiling as a prospect than Sewell.
Yeah I don't know why people act like if they don't take one at 5 they can't get one. They signed Reiff as an adequate tackle to pair with Jonah Williams. Not that difficult to find a solid interior starter at 38 and/or 69. I'd rather have Chase with someone like Eichenberg then have Sewell and T.Marshall or R.Moore.

At the end of the day, Chase or Sewell are probably both good picks. It isn't all that interesting to me to fight about which one they should take when they're both elite prospects at positions of need that are highly valuable.

The Broncos trade would seemingly indicate that San Fran is taking Trey Lance #3. Lance was considered the only QB that Denver wanted and Benjamin Allbright had been saying for awhile now that they had a deal in place for Bridgewater if they couldn't get Lance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom