2021 NFL Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

Pat does seem like a really great guy. HIs fiance isn't bad. I think she just let her emotion get to her a bit after the loss, but she hasn't caught my radar for being overly obnoxious, unless I have missed some things locally.

His brother is a pretty enthusiastic supporter. As far as mom, I'd probably have a talk with her and tell her I appreciate the support, but let's settle down with the tweeting. She's over the top

I don't personally pay any attention to people's families on social media (or really even the players themselves), but my brother and cousin who do think Mahomes' fiance is

giphy.gif

I don't personally pay any attention to people's families on social media (or really even the players themselves), but my brother and cousin who do think Mahomes' fiance is

giphy.gif

She could be. I can't say I spend much time following it either, but I hadn't seen any headlines about her that caught my attention. I may have missed some. Last headline I saw about her was being a part of the KC women's soccer team ownership group. They do a lot of Nebraska Furniture Mart commercials also. I've seen those enough to last a lifetime

Wentz isn’t worth paying 25 million.

Pay a second round pick for Marcus Mariotta at 11 million or Jimmy G at 25 million rather than pay a first round pick on Carson Wentz at 25 million.

Wentz is broken.
Why would you give up a 2nd and pay $11m for Mariota when you know at best that he tops out at average. We've seen Wentz be in the MVP conversation at 23 years old. Thought you are a gambler. What's the point of paying 60 cents when the most you're going to get back is 60 cents. Rather pay 75 cents and possibly get a dollar back.

Why would you give up a 2nd and pay $11m for Mariota when you know at best that he tops out at average. We've seen Wentz be in the MVP conversation at 23 years old. Thought you are a gambler. What's the point of paying 60 cents when the most you're going to get back is 60 cents. Rather pay 75 cents and possibly get a dollar back.
Wentz isn’t the same and that was 4 years ago. You could add an extra solid starter with the difference in salary.

Wentz is broken I think only Frank Reich could possibly repair him because of the colts OL.
I want no part of him outside of 2017 he has been a middle of the road QB.

Mariotta isn’t great but costs less and you can win with him.

Pay a second round pick for Marcus Mariotta at 11 million or Jimmy G at 25 million rather than pay a first round pick on Carson Wentz at 25 million.

Wentz is broken.
Mariota is exactly the type of QB I would never trade any assets for or give any sort of significant contract to. If Mariota is your QB, you're in purgatory at best IMO.

You can at least convince yourself that Wentz has played at an MVP level before and has played at a very high level recently and think a change of scenery and a better support cast might be all he needs. Still not sure I'd be willing to give up a 1st for Wentz but I think it could feasibly make sense for certain teams. I don't think trading a 2nd for Mariota makes sense for anybody.

Mariota is exactly the type of QB I would never trade any assets for or give any sort of significant contract to. If Mariota is your QB, you're in purgatory at best IMO.

You can at least convince yourself that Wentz has played at an MVP level before and has played at a very high level recently and think a change of scenery and a better support cast might be all he needs. Still not sure I'd be willing to give up a 1st for Wentz but I think it could feasibly make sense for certain teams. I don't think trading a 2nd for Mariota makes sense for anybody.
First, I said second round pick because QBs have been traded for high value now and his salary is good.

Mariota can’t be repaired but Wentz can? Mariota went 9-7 and won a playoff game at KC in 2017.

He has more playoff wins as a starting QB than Wentz.
I don’t think Wentz would be like Ryan Tannenhill I think Mariota is more likely to rebound with a second team.

Wentz contract is more expensive I am not spending a lot of money to rehab a QB.

Mariota is younger by a year and healthier.

Plus the draft capital is less.
I’ll take Mariota.

First, I said second round pick because QBs have been traded for high value now and his salary is good.

Mariota can’t be repaired but Wentz can? Mariota went 9-7 and won a playoff game at KC in 2017.

He has more playoff wins as a starting QB than Wentz.
I don’t think Wentz would be like Ryan Tannenhill I think Mariota is more likely to rebound with a second team.

Wentz contract is more expensive I am not spending a lot of money to rehab a QB.

Mariota is younger by a year and healthier.

Plus the draft capital is less.
I’ll take Mariota.
What is there to repair with Mariota? His peak was being an average starter. There's no upside to trading for him. Maybe the risk with Wentz makes it so the upside isn't worth it. I'm not saying that teams should be trying to trade for Wentz, but at least there's a history of elite play from him that a team could theoretically convince themselves is still in there. People much smarter than us thought Wentz was still great as recently as a year ago.

Mariota's peak is being the kind of QB that you're constantly trying to replace and there's no reason to think he's even at that level anymore. You can find blah QB play pretty easily these days; there's no need to give up a valuable pick for it. Just give Jameis or Fitz Mariota's contract and keep the pick if you don't want to aim higher at the QB position.

I think it's going to take a lot to fix Wentz. He's got worse every year since the injury. I'm surprised people would give him more than a 2nd or 3rd rounder, but I am not a GM. I would not want my team to trade for him.
Your squad has some serious QB issues to attend to as well.

I think it's going to take a lot to fix Wentz. He's got worse every year since the injury. I'm surprised people would give him more than a 2nd or 3rd rounder, but I am not a GM. I would not want my team to trade for him.
There are numerous teams out there that are desperate for a QB. Somebody will cough up a first rounder.

Your squad has some serious QB issues to attend to as well.

I am aware, but I trust my coach and GM. I am seeing a lot of Eagle fans starting to get frustrated with Roseman.

Wentz is broken.
The QB whisperer has spoken.

What is there to repair with Mariota? His peak was being an average starter. There's no upside to trading for him. Maybe the risk with Wentz makes it so the upside isn't worth it. I'm not saying that teams should be trying to trade for Wentz, but at least there's a history of elite play from him that a team could theoretically convince themselves is still in there. People much smarter than us thought Wentz was still great as recently as a year ago.

Mariota's peak is being the kind of QB that you're constantly trying to replace and there's no reason to think he's even at that level anymore. You can find blah QB play pretty easily these days; there's no need to give up a valuable pick for it. Just give Jameis or Fitz Mariota's contract and keep the pick if you don't want to aim higher at the QB position.

Alsacs never stops to think that Wentz played behind the worst OL in the NFL last season and with a lousy group of WRs. He also forgets that Wentz took that same crew to the playoffs the previous year by throwing for 4,000 yards with no receiver accounting for more than 500 yards. Wentz isn't good enough to overcome all those deficiencies - few QBs are - but in a better situation (OL, WRs and coaching) he could thrive.

Carson Wentz is so good his current team is willingly to take a 31.4 million dollar dead money cap hit to trade this in his prime franchise QB who isn’t going to be cheap on salary cap.

But he is fine.
Okay.
The guys isn’t demanding a trade and his team is willingly to give up a franchise QB for amounts to compensation around a first round pick.

Yeah no thanks.

Alsacs never stops to think that Wentz played behind the worst OL in the NFL last season and with a lousy group of WRs. He also forgets that Wentz took that same crew to the playoffs the previous year by throwing for 4,000 yards with no receiver accounting for more than 500 yards. Wentz isn't good enough to overcome all those deficiencies - few QBs are - but in a better situation (OL, WRs and coaching) he could thrive.
I get confused too because Watson went 4-12 with the Texans and is basically jesus. Obviously his numbers were great and Wentz's were terrible but no one is winning games surrounded by garbage anymore. Teams are too competent and smart to get beat by 1 guy with no help.

Carson Wentz is so good his current team is willingly to take a 31.4 million dollar dead money cap hit to trade this in his prime franchise QB who isn’t going to be cheap on salary cap.

But he is fine.
Okay.
The guys isn’t demanding a trade and his team is willingly to give up a franchise QB for amounts to compensation around a first round pick.

Yeah no thanks.
Does Chris Ballard seem like a dummy? Guy seems like he may be the very best GM in the entire NFL so if he gives up a 1st for him, then it's probably an ok idea. Even if it doesn't work out.

The amazing thing is that most of the fan base was in attendance for those championships on the bottom row.
yes, but 1 iggs game a year pays for a whole season worth of tickets for them.

Does Chris Ballard seem like a dummy? Guy seems like he may be the very best GM in the entire NFL so if he gives up a 1st for him, then it's probably an ok idea. Even if it doesn't work out.
Let’s see Ballard do it.
It’s been the Bears that have been leaked to have offered a first.
The Colts haven’t yet and the eagles are losing leverage by the day.

But he is fine.
Okay.

Yeah no thanks.
Guy isn't demanding a trade? What planet are u living on?

So the Texans will trade Watson to the Jets.

So the Texans will trade Watson to the Jets.
I think Carolina makes a lot lf sense.
They are NFC and Watson is from GA and legend from Clemson.

8th overall pick, future picks and Bridgewater is a decent start for a package.
If it’s AFC we got a legit bidding war between Miami and New York.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom