2021 NFL Thread | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

I think the Eagles have issues - early but the coach looks like he's a tad over his head and Hurts still seems like a change of pace guy to me and not a legit QB1.

I think the Eagles have issues - early but the coach looks like he's a tad over his head and Hurts still seems like a change of pace guy to me and not a legit QB1.

He has a year under his belt but with just 7 or 8 starts he is still very much a rookie and plays like it. He seems to be looking to run or scramble needlessly which caused a whole bunch of penalties on his OL last night. That said I tend to agree with you. He looks good enough to be a middle of the pack QB but there isn't anything he has or does that makes you think he is going to be a top tier starter in the league.

What boggled my mind last night was no running game. I mean they did not even try in the first half to run the ball and they have a pretty good RB back there. Second half was out of hand so no surprises but why not try to take the pressure of the kid at QB in that first half?

He has a year under his belt but with just 7 or 8 starts he is still very much a rookie and plays like it. He seems to be looking to run or scramble needlessly which caused a whole bunch of penalties on his OL last night. That said I tend to agree with you. He looks good enough to be a middle of the pack QB but there isn't anything he has or does that makes you think he is going to be a top tier starter in the league.

What boggled my mind last night was no running game. I mean they did not even try in the first half to run the ball and they have a pretty good RB back there. Second half was out of hand so no surprises but why not try to take the pressure of the kid at QB in that first half?
Having a QB like Hurts and only giving your RBs 3 carries is just so insane. Idk that I've ever seen anything like it.

Neither Nagy or Siranni know how to use mobile QBs
I think that's true but I also think neither one is ready to be QBing an NFL team right now. Both are way in over their heads.

I think that's true but I also think neither one is ready to be QBing an NFL team right now. Both are way in over their heads.

I think it's more on the coaching, but I think you also have a point

I think it's more on the coaching, but I think you also have a point
Just don't think either one is ready. Nowadays totally green QBs are being tossed out there when they're not ready. Back in the day QBs sat for a year or two to figure out what was going on out there before they were thrown into the fire.

Three rushing attempts all night and it's not like Sanders is a bum. He's a good RB.

JMO but I don't think Hurts will ever be more than a mediocre QB. Hope I'm wrong but he's not accurate and he locks onto one guy and if it's not there he takes off. He also needs to be coached up but even then he'd be adequate at best. But hey the Eagles are a Quarterback factory. lol

Just don't think either one is ready. Nowadays totally green QBs are being tossed out there when they're not ready. Back in the day QBs sat for a year or two to figure out what was going on out there before they were thrown into the fire.
Parcells sat Romo for 3 plus years even though he was clearly the most physically talented guy on the roster. He need time to learn the mental aspect of the game. Which is what so many of these young guys today don't have. They can run all over the place and play backyard ball but have no idea how to play the game at the professional level.

Which is sad to me because so many of them who could have had a career if given time are thrown away like yesterdays newspaper because they were over drafted by some suit and played too soon by a coach trying to keep his job.

Parcells sat Romo for 3 plus years even though he was clearly the most physically talented guy on the roster. He need time to learn the mental aspect of the game. Which is what so many of these young guys today don't have. They can run all over the place and play backyard ball but have no idea how to play the game at the professional level.

Which is sad to me because so many of them who could have had a career if given time are thrown away like yesterdays newspaper because they were over drafted by some suit and played too soon by a coach trying to keep his job.
100%.

If the season ended today Philly would have three of the first ten picks in the NFL draft. The bad news is that Howie Roseman would be making the selections.

McCarthy I'm sure was thinking of the possibility that if he called a timeout, they would have decided to go for it on 4th and 6 now being just inside Dallas territory.

Can you just imagine how worse it would have been if he decided to call a TO, and eagles convert the 4th down and still have all 3 timeouts to stop the clock.
What about 3rd and 23?

What about 3rd and 23?
Call a timeout? I'd have let the time ride out because they had been getting a few passes here and there that were going for 10-15 yards so far.

Now in your scenario you call the timeout on the 3rd and 23 leaving over a minute left and they then make that 17 yard pass that gets it to 4th and 6 just over the 50 yard line.

Do you bank on the chance that Siriani is ok with giving the ball back to an offense that has gashed his defense and held the ball for around 19 of the minutes of the first half?

I don’t get it . ESPN already doing NFL mvp talk , 3 games in

this would be like NBA discussions 14 games in or 28 for MLB

so dumb

This Wickersham book has so many lies it’s a joke.

I don’t know .. seems like everyone was saying this before too and yet he was right

I don’t get it . ESPN already doing NFL mvp talk , 3 games in

this would be like NBA discussions 14 games in or 28 for MLB

so dumb
I've noticed this the last 2/3 years on podcasts too. I'm thinking it's due to the opening up of legal sports betting. Any MVP odds discussion on a pod I fast forward through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom