2021 NFL Thread | Page 87 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

I agree there are many ways this leak could have taken place. The Goodell angle is just one of many. Some here are dismissing that angle as crazy but it's certainly possible that Roger could have had a hand in it. 650K emails involving an investigation of the WFT and the first thing we hear about is Jon Gruden's emails. That's kinda strange but clearly somebody wanted it that way. We may never know. Hell maybe Mark Davis got word of these emails and figured this would be a quick way to get out of paying Gruden's massive contract.
Betcha Shad Khan is wishing something would surface about Urbie right about now...didn't the guy at least search the internets before handing him the keys to the franchise?

The Chiefs aren't a playoff team right now. The Bucs laid the blueprint for how to contain their offense and their defense/special teams are way too poor to overcome it. Mahomes is still great but his play has been way more up and down this year cause he has to carry the team more than ever. Reminds me of Russ with the Seahawks in the NFC.
I recall saying the Chiefs D was historically bad half way into the first game .., and was basically told that it was the greatness of the browns .. not the crappiness of the Chiefs . I’m now accepting apologies

I guarantee I have not used that specific homophobic slur or said a black person has lips like tires in an email. At anytime in my life.
You just said it

Lol. I’m not trying to die on this hill, but it’s only simple in your head. There’s many ways this would've still came out if he didn’t insult Goodell. One being if anyone else saw the emails, and I’d say that’s a high probability.
So then let’s get everyone in the leagues e-mails out there for the last 10-15 years .. let’s do it … it’s only fair and is the virtuous thing to do .

So then let’s get everyone in the leagues e-mails out there for the last 10-15 years .. let’s do it … it’s only fair and is the virtuous thing to do .
I think sadly there’s a ton of people in the NFL who think the same way Gruden does.

The topless Washington cheerleader photos isn’t getting a ton of attention from what I can tell, but that aspect of the story is pretty crazy too.

The only way the league releases the report is a player boycott or something severe. If not they ride it out until the next scandal which should be hitting in a day or so. The thing is one leak leads to another and another and pretty soon it's the Mitchell Report Part 2. The e-mails in the WFT case must include some names and some commentary that is incendiary.

I think sadly there’s a ton of people in the NFL who think the same way Gruden does.

The topless Washington cheerleader photos isn’t getting a ton of attention from what I can tell, but that aspect of the story is pretty crazy too.
That’s called a crime …and nobody cares .. but call a guy the P word .. as almost everyone has done at some point in their life… and all hell breaks loose

Our Chief Compliance Officer at work gives the following advice to all employees. Anything you write in an email, would you want it printed in the Wall Street Journal? Because that is what could happen if your company is part of an investigation.

It definitely makes one think twice before hitting the "send" button

Our Chief Compliance Officer at work gives the following advice to all employees. Anything you write in an email, would you want it printed in the Wall Street Journal? Because that is what could happen if your company is part of an investigation.

It definitely makes one think twice before hitting the "send" button
Sort of makes for a boring ass job

This cracked me up.

Giants fans be like:

np225qnsv3t71.jpg

Right. If I was sharing homophobic, racist, and misogynistic comments with like-minded individuals, I wouldn't want them made public either.

Gruden is no victim here. He's a public figure associated with organizations who publicly support inclusion. He skated for 11 years. If Bruce Allen were still in power, he'd be toast too.

Yes, by all means root out the rot in the WFT organization. But don't make Gruden a martyr. His own vitriol and hatred did him in.
For discussion: should we worry about what people say, in private, vs what they do in their jobs. By that I mean is there evidence (and I am not reading up, so I am asking) that he treated anyone in a manner that was other than fair?

For discussion: should we worry about what people say, in private, vs what they do in their jobs. By that I mean is there evidence (and I am not reading up, so I am asking) that he treated anyone in a manner that was other than fair?

suggesting what he did about Reid (that he should be fired), you could put 2 and 2 together that he wouldnt be open to signing him to the Raiders. Which means he’s now down a team to play on. So yeah, in a way, yes.

you could definitely argue Reid’s actions were to much of a distraction at the end of the day to sign him. Not arguing that.

additionally Grudens thoughts on safety protocols would have me question how he would coach/handle someone who might have concussion issues. Did he call them a pu say behind closed doors to other coaches?

if your question is do I think he would sign a straight, white person over a black person or a gay person If all was equal just because...Nope.

suggesting what he did about Reid (that he should be fired), you could put 2 and 2 together that he wouldnt be open to signing him to the Raiders. Which means he’s now down a team to play on. So yeah, in a way, yes.

you could definitely argue Reid’s actions were to much of a distraction at the end of the day to sign him. Not arguing that.

additionally Grudens thoughts on safety protocols would have me question how he would coach/handle someone who might have concussion issues. Did he call them a pu say behind closed doors to other coaches?

if your question is do I think he would sign a straight, white person over a black person or a gay person If all was equal just because...Nope.
Who cares

yet every single owner passed on CK multiple times for one reason. Words are more important than actions .. it’s better to act in a discriminatory manner than to just say discriminatory things that you don’t act upon

Jon Gruden was pushed out as Raiders coach because of homophobic and misogynistic remarks in his emails. Fair enough.

Yet the NFL has hired Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg and Eminem for Super Bowl LVI who all have well documented histories of using lyrics that - you guessed it - are homophobic and misogynistic. Go figure.

This thread has jumped the shark. Head Coach/Espn commentator is exactly the same thing as a couple of halftime entertainers.

Think I'll wait 'til the talk gets back to football for my next comment.
lol

You don't see the hypocrisy in that? Never said it was exactly the same thing it's actually worse because these three performers have a lot more cultural impact than Jon Gruden. Why should they get rewarded by appearing on the NFL's biggest stage given their track record? Yeah the NFL's appalled by Gruden's comments in private emails but just fine with dudes who have been very transparent in their attacks on gays and women.

lol

You don't see the hypocrisy in that? Never said it was exactly the same thing it's actually worse because these three performers have a lot more cultural impact than Jon Gruden. Why should they get rewarded by appearing on the NFL's biggest stage given their track record? Yeah the NFL's appalled by Gruden's comments in private emails but just fine with dudes who have been very transparent in their attack on gays and women.
It’s amazing the fact they didn’t think this would become an issue .. when you start selectively applying “values” such that championing those values only happens when it’s compatible with your financial interests , you have gone full Lebron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom