2021 NYS Fair | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NYS Fair

Some of the top takeaways from the chat are:
  • The gates and buildings will open at 11 a.m., three hours later than past years. “We’re giving everyone a break this year,” he said.
  • Rides and games will be spread apart by 15 additional feet to help with social distancing.
  • Larger concerts will be at Chevy Park, a 15-acre spot in the back of the Fairgrounds. Chevy Court is 3 acres.
  • For now, masks are required inside buildings. Masks will be available at the entrance of each building. “My job right now is to plan the safest and best State Fair I can given the guidelines I have to deal with,” he said.
  • The Fair will offer free Covid vaccinations and free rapid tests for fairgoers and vendors.
  • The Beer Garden will be open as always, but the wine vendors will be spread throughout the grounds.

The New York State Fair and the state Department of Motor Vehicles are running a contest this year to give away a free lifetime pass to the fair.

Anyone who orders a custom New York State Fair license plate during this year’s fair, which runs from Aug. 20 to Sept. 6, will be entered to win the pass. You don’t even have to attend the fair to be eligible.

BTW: There's a $60 fee to order custom plates, and registration costs an additional $30 annual fee.

You better plan on attending the Fair at least 12 times a year.

gonna be a soggy start and not much hanging around outside to eat with this forecast..

Weather.png

Maybe if Onondaga residents could get in for free, they wouldn’t have this attendance problem.

BTW, is the entrance fee really only $3? That guy was freaking out over $3? Amazing, lol.

Shorter lines for muh pizza frittes and wine slushies!

I went yesterday at 3 PM, and parked at Bus Stop #2 in the upper lot. Most of the lot was empty.

That's never happened on a Saturday before.

I went yesterday at 3 PM, and parked at Bus Stop #2 in the upper lot. Most of the lot was empty.

That's never happened on a Saturday before.

COVID/starting so much sooner, I would guess?

COVID/starting so much sooner, I would guess?

There were T-storms predicted from 2:30-5:30 yesterday, but they never materialized.

Might be we're just not ready for 18 days of action packed fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom