2021 USMNT Thread | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

2021 USMNT Thread

IMO the central american sides are worse than usual. Huge fan of Tim Weah, I hope he starts and goes 60 mins against Costa Rica. He's tidy and quick with his touches.

No nonsense workman like performance. Job done. Onto Panama!

Yeah it's a combination. The top is better and the bottom is worse.

So it was bugging me a bit last night about trying to sort of place/analyze what we saw with the USMNT attack last night and it to me reminds a great deal of the German teams. Obviously we aren't full of top 50 players in the world. That said last night between the overlapping runs, the precision passing from Aronson and the finishing of Pepi it looks a lot like how Germany has been so successful. Pepi is thin but it works to his advantage in being both a target and a hard mark. It's early but he has that kind of Thomas Mueller being where he always should be thing going for him in international play.

Dest is so unique in how good he is as a creator.

Robinson reminds me of those German fullbacks who get a touch on every possession and represents a threat on nearly every single possession.

Where Pulisic and Reyna I think will be important is when you play the world powers and they are better organized to prevent the runs guys like Musah, Adams and Mckennie have torn off in Concacaf. Teams will force you out wider and not open themselves up to being so easily beaten in the midfield and also force you to be clinical with your turns and jumping on every error. Much like we have done with rarely conceding because we shut most possessions down of late avoiding many 1v1s anywhere near the 18.

I can’t see Honduras, El Salvador or Jamaica qualifying.

That leaves really Panama and Costa Rica with a chance.

The USA and Mexico were expected to be 2 of the 3 auto qualifiers.

Canada/Panama likely batting for the 3rd and the playoff spot.
CONCACAF got lucky last time they were matched up with Asia.
They likely won’t get as lucky this time and the 4th place Team will get South America or Europe for the playoff.

If the USA gets a point out of Panama I think we will be fine.
Panama is typically the least hostile CONCACAF venue so we can get a result if the team plays well.

I can’t see Honduras, El Salvador or Jamaica qualifying.

That leaves really Panama and Costa Rica with a chance.

The USA and Mexico were expected to be 2 of the 3 auto qualifiers.

Canada/Panama likely batting for the 3rd and the playoff spot.
CONCACAF got lucky last time they were matched up with Asia.
They likely won’t get as lucky this time and the 4th place Team will get South America or Europe for the playoff.

If the USA gets a point out of Panama I think we will be fine.
Panama is typically the least hostile CONCACAF venue so we can get a result if the team plays well.

Now that they've played two away games in tough environments I'm curious to see how they come out now that the young guys know what to expect.

Dest is so unique in how good he is as a creator.

He chipped in that cross for the first goal like a golfer getting out of a sand trap - nice smooth shot, not too hard, not too high, not too much adrenaline to get it right. That was a thing of beauty.

He chipped in that cross for the first goal like a golfer getting out of a sand trap - nice smooth shot, not too hard, not too high, not too much adrenaline to get it right. That was a thing of beauty.

Yeah the touch on that was world class. Something you only see from a guy who plays every night for a top 10 club in the world.

Not to sell short Aaronson too much either as he has incredible touch and feel as well. Aaronson looks like a guy who belongs as a regular on an even better club.

Yeah the touch on that was world class. Something you only see from a guy who plays every night for a top 10 club in the world.

Not to sell short Aaronson too much either as he has incredible touch and feel as well. Aaronson looks like a guy who belongs as a regular on an even better club.
I heard AC Milan is after him… he reminds me of a poor mans’s Luka Modric with how he walks and runs. Luka has far better technical skills and is more of a holding player and he is one of the best in world at picking out a pass and controlling tempo. Aaronson has some of these qualities, but he likes to press forewarned and doesn’t really control the game at this stage in his career.

I heard AC Milan is after him… he reminds me of a poor mans’s Luka Modric with how he walks and runs. Luka has far better technical skills and is more of a holding player and he is one of the best in world at picking out a pass and controlling tempo. Aaronson has some of these qualities, but he likes to press forewarned and doesn’t really control the game at this stage in his career.

Be great to see him make that move. Serie A has always been a top league but recently it just seems that the Italian talent pool is back to where it should be with just a ton of talent overall in the league domestic and international.

I'm trying to find the article about Gianluca Busio rapidly improving in Italy. He was ranked 92nd best player in Serie A. Venezia is a bad team with bad forwards/wingers, but Busio is playing very well for them.

Unfortunately I only heard about the article on the Scuffed podcast but can't find the article itself.

I'm trying to find the article about Gianluca Busio rapidly improving in Italy. He was ranked 92nd best player in Serie A. Venezia is a bad team with bad forwards/wingers, but Busio is playing very well for them.

Unfortunately I only heard about the article on the Scuffed podcast but can't find the article itself.

Scuffed tbh is one of the best non-media podcasts if you know what I mean. Belz is great.

Weah - Zardes - Arriola
Lleget - Mussah - Acosta
Bello - Zimmerman - McKenzie - Moore
Turner

M Robinson benched for no reason. GGG has to tinker for no reason. A. Robinson has to sit due to COVID protocol in England. Dest and Weston McKennie with minor injuries. No Hoppe again. Luca de la Torre to the bench.

Roldan (28 caps, 0 goals, 1 assist) and Arriola (0 goals, 1 assist in last 13 caps) always will play over better, younger players.

Subbing out Pepi against Jamaica made sense IF he was going to start against Panama.

Scuffed tbh is one of the best non-media podcasts if you know what I mean. Belz is great.
Like him a lot. Like Greg more. I do think belz is emblematic of the typical “Stan” who gets too caught up in youth, and is overly dramatic about the “mistakes.” Again though, I like him a lot.

Turner with a huge save. Lleget with a backpass (of course) that Acosta can't handle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom